Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

from the other forum

:lol:

not all '94 white-cement 3 retros are unwearable, trust me
some wish it to be the case to get their slight in but it's not

I don't see how anyone could be mad at this. If you don't like em, don't buy em. If you're really salty that someone else has the opportunity to get something that you have, you are in this for the wrong reason. This are one of my grails and I got the 2011 retro. I'm not concerned all that much about the Nike Air. I will only cop these if they are made of better materials. I've been saying for a while now that JB should do 1 or 2 retros each year with OG materials and charge more for them. At this point I'd rather go for quality over quantity.

I heard about this last Christmas from a friend that works at Jordan. Good to see it finally happening. The other thing he told me was that they would be VERY limited and pushing these into the $250 range. Guess we'll see if that's true, but so far he's never given me any reason to doubt him.

Peace,
J

^ This is for the OCD'ers, any differences to the shoe you see that are noticeable from the '11 model?

Shape? Cement print? Ankle height?

:nerd:

Sucks that they still have Jordan on the outsole.

I swear JB does it on Purpose, just like the 1's when they have air and the jumpman, no matter what it has Nike Air on the bottom of the shoe.

This one get the Nike air and now Jordan is still stuck on the bottom.

I am not a reseller but if I am wearing these and someone saw em on feet or something and offered a ridiculous amount of money he can have em. Yah I like the Nike Air but not enough to keep em if someone will pay a premium. I will be fine with a 2011 pair. But since I missed out on that release I will try my luck with these

I heard about this last Christmas from a friend that works at Jordan. Good to see it finally happening. The other thing he told me was that they would be VERY limited and pushing these into the $250 range. Guess we'll see if that's true, but so far he's never given me any reason to doubt him.

Peace,
J
mean.gif

I mean, I understand WHY they'd do this from a business standpoint.  But damn....as a consumer that hurts.  
laugh.gif
  I have no doubts this is what JB will do.  

When a shoe that I originally copped for $100 retails for $250, it may be time to just walk away with my happy childhood memories still intact.  

i dont think these will be $250.

i think though they will be $200 on the dot.

:smh:

I mean, I understand WHY they'd do this from a business standpoint.  But damn....as a consumer that hurts.  :lol:   I have no doubts this is what JB will do.  

When a shoe that I originally copped for $100 retails for $250, it may be time to just walk away with my happy childhood memories still intact.  

How much was a gallon of milk in 1988?

I mean, I understand WHY they'd do this from a business standpoint.  But damn....as a consumer that hurts.  :lol:   I have no doubts this is what JB will do.  

How much was a gallon of milk in 1988?

$2.30

Gas was a buck a gallon.

:lol: @ kindly asked, you're a funny dude.

If you know you're history, which I don't think you really do; you would know the first wave of retros in 1994 were a huge flop. Nike ceased production on the IV's because of how flat sales were. It also helped that Mike decided to go back to the Bulls so Nike was able to ditch it with a valid excuse. When Jordan Brand was given it's own separate line they released team editions to balance the brand, it wasn't known if there was a marketplace for retros, but the blk IV was a hit and the rest is history.

Six years ago I worked in the industry and would go to Nike's offices here in Los Angeles. Our rep at the time tried to feed us the same bs about Gentry and why Nike Air was no longer on the shoe. The truth is Mike now had the power to alter the shoe how ever he wanted. Gentry was not the individual who determined a jumpman being put on anything, if you believe that you're delusional.

i meant that as a sarcastic statement, the kindly asking.

So you're telling me that what Gentry said in the interviews about Nike Air not appearing on retros in order to preserve the OGs, and collectors was a flat out lie or a cover up for MJ's real initiatives? Show me some concrete, factual evidence that this was really Michael Jordan's original ambition for retros sporting a jumpman instead of Nike Air.

And yes, at that time, the 94 retros were a flop because Nike was still churning out original sneakers that were still doing well to the consumer's eye... i.e. Barkleys, Pippens, OG Jordans, Pennys/Foams, AM 95s etc. Plus at the time, consumers didn't want a sneaker that resembled of the past. It was all about today and what the newest, latest sneaker looked like every year.

The 99 retros were a hit because Nike and JB were in the twilight of making original looking sneakers.

Last edited:

I agree. I just got back into the game. Was out for 8 or 9 years. Came back to the Bred IV's and I have NEVER seen so many retro release then I have since black Friday. It's INSANE what they are dropping and how much their going for. I remember when I worked for FNL and the Cool Grey 9's sat around for months before we sold out.

I hate to say it but I feel the shoe game is going down hill. I may be right with you and my childhood memories.

So you're telling me that what Gentry said in the interviews about Nike Air not appearing on retros in order to preserve the OGs, and collectors was a flat out lie or a cover up for MJ's real initiatives? Show me some concrete, factual evidence that this was really Michael Jordan's original ambition for retros sporting a jumpman instead of Nike Air.

You need concrete evidence that Jordan is an egotistical control freak?
laugh.gif
@ asking for proof of a individuals ambitions. I don't know what you want, a signed letter from Michael himself stating he has never cared about preserving the OG's. How naive are you to actually believe that bs? Seriously man, you couldn't read between the lines even back then? Gentry nor Michael cared about anything more than making money and they knew they could slap a logo of a dildo on the shoe if they wanted and consumers would still eat it up. The fact that you're arguing with me on this topic is funny to me. There is no need to take this any further; it's obvious you & I have very different points of view on this topic. Agree to disagree.

It's funny how JB be playing the role of the female sometimes and straight messin with all these guys minds and emotions

Real talk though just give me these the bc 3 s with NA done right and the black infrared and carmine 6s done right and ill be 95 % out the game

I like how you leave that 5% window open, JB has everyone by the balls.
laugh.gif
Ha ya, I'll admit it, I will prob never "retire" from this passion/hobby of mine.  Buttttttt, if as I see it, Jordan Brand continues to listen to it's consumers more and and give them what they want then ya, I can see myself cutting back significantly.  I already have all the shoes I need, and can afford to be selective and buy only ones that really catch my interest, haven't been released in a while, in original colorways, etc.  Like I said, give me some quality carmines/black infrareds and hell some Colombias that won't yellow and I'm straight for a bit.  As of next year, so far, I'm only buying Royal 1's, black/red thirteens, black/white "he got games whatever the fk you want to call them" 13's and maybe the grape 5's for now.

Back
Top Bottom