Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

T
I have been pretty successful lately with some "tougher" online releases. The method I can suggest is follows.

1) Open all the sites in different tabs and log into your accounts at least an hour prior to release time, or you might not be able to get on. (you should have already created free member accounts and registered billing and shipping information if possible)

2) Open twitter and make sure you are following all the correct retailers carrying the product

3) Now it's time to decide on one primary source/retailer. Don't try to add your pair on 2 or 3 different sites/retailers on different tabs or devices (unless you have multiple people helping). Keep those tabs/links open, because they may come in handy later. In my experience it's best to just attempt with one retailer for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Eventually sites will temporarily crash, take longer to reply, etc. During that time you can attempt to throw pairs in carts with other retailers, because you might get lucky.

4) Keep an eye on twitter! Retailers will tweet as the run out of pairs, or sell out completely, but their webpage may not show that yet. No sense in trying if they're all gone, time to move on to another retailer. Also, retailers occasionally post that they have not sold out, and the server is trying to processes orders. When a retailer says they are trying to process, it's sometimes a good idea to try them because people with slower connections may get booted from the site when they "time-out".

5) Don't give up. I started with footlocker, but ended up scoring from Finishline some 90 minutes after the release time. I just kept an eye on twitter and Finishline said they still had every size over an hour after release. I knew this meant their server was having problems and crashing and booting people. That's when I jumped on and scored a pair fairly quickly.

The main thing I would stress is, don't give up, it can take a long time.

- Jason

This is EXACTLY how I scored. Pretty ecstatic for my first big online release..

I just checked my Order Status on Finishline and it still says "Processing". I am confident now that it went through because the Order Number shows up under My Orders and I got email confirmation immediately after ordering.

he was referring to those that got charged on the card but did not receive order#

LIMITED. LIMITED.LIMITED
tired of all this, every week its a LIMITED release

It is limited compared to normal releases. Just because the majority of NT was able to snag a pair, doesn't mean everyone else did. NT represents a small community of the sneaker heads.

Why champs and eastbay callin me about payment verification. They messing with my 2 day shipping

Man I guess it was just the luck of the draw....I tried hard and long to get them ...no dice.  Looks like either you try for hours or you barely try get lucky and score 2 pairs ..lol.

It is limited compared to normal releases. Just because the majority of NT was able to snag a pair, doesn't mean everyone else did. NT represents a small community of the sneaker heads.

Exactly. Its you know it was made in lesser quantities when only 3 retailers got them.

Definitely limited when you consider it was online only. Not a single brick and mortar location has released these (yet possibly)...

I don't know how one measures limited availabilty exactly, but this is surely on the "more limited" side.

I just checked my Order Status on Finishline and it still says "Processing". I am confident now that it went through because the Order Number shows up under My Orders and I got email confirmation immediately after ordering.

I'm in the same boat. Same thing happened for me with the Playoff XI's. Anyone try to get multiple pairs off Finishline? I went for two and got confirmation numbers for both. We'll see what happens hopefully I get at least one.

honestly, anyone that missed on these should see whats good with the 2011 pair. seems like they selling for about 1/2 the price that these over-inflated shoes are selling for.

Patience is a virtue. I was trying at work at 3:50, drove home at 5, hopped on my computer, and got a pair on Eastbay at 6:30.

I abondoned all hope at 5:45. Closed all my browsers, left work, put my head down and chalked up another L to the cruel SneakerGods. At 7:15, my friend texts me that Finishline had size 12s up on their site still. He picked me up a pair and got the confirmation number and everything. I still am stunned. Now onto the Blue/Black 1s.

THIS. Most of us were able to get through the IP link that was posted here. Local people I know that tried and aren't on this community never got past the SPA page on FNL. Not to mention the "pairs are in other people's carts" alert that both NDC and the eastbay family uses.

On that note, has any one been attempting to add a size on NDC and get a message that their size was removed from your cart because you didn't complete you order fast enough, BUT THE SITE NEVER ADDS THE PAIR TO YOUR CART??

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Same thing happened for me with the Playoff XI's. Anyone try to get multiple pairs off Finishline? I went for two and got confirmation numbers for both. We'll see what happens hopefully I get at least one.

In my experiance if the orders are for 1 pair at a time the transaction goe through without issue. This may not always be the case, but on 2 seperate occasions I have not run into any issues with this. Items shipped seperately one time, and were actually boxed together the other.

For what it's worth, this is attention to the FINISHLINE people.

i just got off the phone with them because I have a charge on my card but no confirmation number yet. The employee said, if your order hasn't been cancelled by now then you shouldn't have much to worry about but FNL is just backed up by the orders. . Currently my card is in the verification process and nothing can be done on their end. Wonder if anyone else is in the same boat? I was able to hit the order placement screen 2x and got hit with the countdown right lol.

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Online is the way to go. I don't even know why people stand in line anymore. Eliminates all the BS like getting shot for your shoes.

I do feel bad for the folks who are only use to buying in stores and not online and aren't as computer savvy. These kids will eat you up alive snagging 5 pairs before you can get one. Patience is the key.

My advice, if you can wait in line for hours in different climates for shoes, you can sit down with your computer/phone and click for a few hours if need be.

Resell prices on these here in the Bay Area ranges from $300-400... But nothing over that. Prices should drop in a couple weeks and if that March release is confirmed.

my finishline order still says processing, but I have my confirmation email. should I be worried?

For what it's worth, this is attention to the FINISHLINE people.

i just got off the phone with them because I have a charge on my card but no confirmation number yet. The employee said, if your order hasn't been cancelled by now then you shouldn't have much to worry about but FNL is just backed up by the orders. . Currently my card is in the verification process and nothing can be done on their end. Wonder if anyone else is in the same boat? I was able to hit the order placement screen 2x and got hit with the countdown right lol.

Happended to me. Just got off the phone with them. I had 3 pending transactions with NO confirmation. In the system it showed that NONE of the attempts went through. Now I have to wait 48-72 hours for it to drop off. Not to mention, my CC almost shut the whole game down because of these "fraudulent looking" charges from FINL (6 pending charges initially trying to go through). This would have shut down my pairs from Eastbay and Nike. So I had to call and ok the FINL charges just to take the fraud hold off my CC and then ill just have to deal with FINL releasing the hold in a day or so. I love fraud protection, but not in a time like this haha....Again I say, I am STILL DONE WITH FINL!

Back
Top Bottom