Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

just arrived!!!

quick review: elephant print is consistent and thin on both of my shoes. leather on most of the shoe is good by todays standard. Not banned or BIN status...think Chicago X leather. Shoes fit TTS. VERY strong smell. leather on perforated area on tongue feels like very cheap split grain leather. leather on tongue where Jumpman is feels buttery. Seriously, it feels like Banned 1 leather in that area. ankle of the shoe is thinner than previous retros and toebox sits lower, giving it a better looking shape. midsole paint job is A-1 too and doesnt look like itll crack anytime soon.

overall good quality and a excellent tribute to the slam dunk contest
Im kind of worried now. I went half size down like i did on the 2011 retro III's...

I like the Nike Air more since there's higher resell value in the shoe.

Lulz :rofl: ... I think we have just got so conditioned to the Jumpman. To me the Nike Air still looks the best, but I'm not one that complains about the Jumpman.

Last edited:
I like the Nike Air more since there's higher resell value in the shoe.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ I agree.

Jumpman doesn't look that bad to me.

eyes.gif
The Jumpan looks worse than "Nike Air" on the original Jordans and takes away some of the originality of the shoe. I think it looks horrible on the 1's-6's.. but to each there own..

The worst was when JB put the Jumpman with the "AIR" lettering on the 6's..
ohwell.gif
I'm glad there bringing back Nike Air and proving higher quality materials for a higher price. I feel better about spending $200 on these than I did the $160 for my Fire Red V's.

I'm also not a fan of all the crazy non-OG cw's such as the "gucci 1's" I think those take away form the originality of the brand. I like how they kept these as true to the original as they could.

Last edited:
yeah pretty much :lol: but my first pair of Jordans were the Black Metallic Silver Vs back in the day
Haha me too. Since it was the early 90s neon colors were in and I have a picture of my in elementary school rockin them metallic fives with neon yellow laces haha. I cant help but laugh at my own damn self. But this is my first pair of nike air jays since then. Been a long minute

The Jumpan looks worse than "Nike Air" on the original Jordans and takes away some of the originality of the shoe. I think it looks horrible on the 1's-6's.. but to each there own..

The worst was when JB put the Jumpman with the "AIR" lettering on the 6's.. :\ I'm glad there bringing back Nike Air and proving higher quality materials for a higher price. I feel better about spending $200 on these than I did the $160 for my Fire Red V's.

I'm also not a fan of all the crazy non-OG cw's such as the "gucci 1's" I think those take away form the originality of the brand. I like how they kept these as true to the original as they could.
Higher Quality No

I can do the jumpman alone....but the jumpman air reminds me of the fakes that came out about a year before jb switched the nike air to the jumpman logo. Then to see jb use the exact switch like the fakes was a tragedy!

I can do the jumpman alone....but the jumpman air reminds me of the fakes that came out about a year before jb switched the nike air to the jumpman logo. Then to see jb use the exact switch like the fakes was a tragedy!
You gotta pay to play, I hope JB releases the entire lineup with "Nike Air" and higher quality materials. While others may hate, sayin the cost is too high, or their 2000<whatevers> still packin heat.. I may be one of the few to like this mentality but I said it weeks ago, and I'll say it again:

I hope JB retros the original lineup (1-13) with higher quality materials and Nike Air and creates a "collectors series". Consider this '88 Cement III to be step 1 in that direction
nthat.gif

Last edited:
You gotta pay to play, I hope JB releases the entire lineup with "Nike Air" and higher quality materials. While others may hate, sayin the cost is too high, or their 2000<whatevers> still packin heat.. I may be one of the few to like this mentality but I said it weeks ago, and I'll say it again:

I hope JB retros the original lineup (1-13) with higher quality materials and Nike Air and creates a "collectors series". Consider this '88 Cement III to be step 1 in that direction
nthat.gif
Hmm that'd be kind of interesting to see actually!

I don't mind that Jumpman logo at all, never understood why it was such a big deal to people. Just something else to complain about I guess. I just hate how empty the heel looks with it on some shoes. Gotta back it bigger or add some words like "Air Jordan" or something

I'm takin it back to the old school, cuz I'm an old Fool, who's so cool.... Whoomp there it is!!!!! You want to know how to rock jeans and still rock the Nike Air at the same time? This is what we white boys did back in the day..........

TIGHT RoLL BaBy!!!!!!!!!!

View media item 258407

Last edited:
I don't mind that Jumpman logo at all, never understood why it was such a big deal to people. Just something else to complain about I guess. I just hate how empty the heel looks with it on some shoes. Gotta back it bigger or add some words like "Air Jordan" or something
Man I was pissed when they did it to my precious Carmines... it just killed the heel for me bro. Give me "Nike Air"
nthat.gif

It might not be a "big deal" to some of you, but to be honest I'm surprised. This is supposed to be a sneakerhead forum. To me "Nike Air" represents QUALITY and the original branding when they made QUALITY products and having an Air Jordan was like owning a BENZ of the shoe game. When Nike created a separate JB retro division things went south as we've seen. Check the difference.

Last edited:
So this is what it feels like to miss out on a pair. Like I always get the kicks I want. Always had that luck. Not gonna even lie I was sort of bitter yesterday. 
laugh.gif
 Not so much that I missed out on them, but I had them and Eastbay crushed that. I'd probably be fine if I just saw they were sold out, but to get an order confirmation and to get it cancelled? A mess. 
mean.gif
  Now I'm even starting to question if FNL will ever get their GS size shipment. Sucks when all you want is 1 pair and people are able to cop multiple with ease. Crazy thing after I thought I secured my pair, I looked out for my boy and got through on a 9.5 for him and helped others here secure different size. Who would of known generosity would bite you in the ***? 
laugh.gif
 Ehh what are you gonna do though? Can't be mad, congrats to those who were able to cop.  If anyone can come across a size 6 for a decent amount help a fellow female sneakerhead out,  please? Yeah yeah I know I joined in 2012 (oh no hypebeast alert!) and it's an all boys club and we like to help just our bros out here, but pretty please? We females like kicks too. Thanx :smile:
Aw man, someone pls help the young lady out !! For those bragging about multiples, show some love to "all" our heads on here. Whether male or female !! Ju hearrrdd !! 

Last edited:
I'm takin it back to the old school, cuz I'm an old Fool, who's so cool.... Whoomp there it is!!!!! You want to know how to rock jeans and still rock the Nike Air at the same time? This is what we white boys did back in the day..........

TIGHT RoLL BaBy!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.... I'd rather just wear shorts or something...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom