Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm back. Crazy long work day following this initial disappointment. I had to leave my house at 6:25PM EST time to go to work. I tried on mobile but was unsuccessful.

A buddy of mine in Germany who I helped sell pairs for by providing him with customers (because his prices werent rape- i hooked up some people on here with em) ended up adding my size (US 8.5) and checking out with it. At first I was nervous. A) because I saw they tweeted some would get canceled and B) because he's primarily a reseller. He collects but he's into making money. I was afraid he might just say it got canceled and he would try and resell it.

I was somewhat okay with that. He didnt owe me anything. I helped him move like a dozen or so pairs and that was whatever. I did it because I wanted to help people out on a fare price. But------ he ended up pulling through and he's charging me just $190 and shipping them to me when he receives them from Queens.

I am so estatic. I paid him already and he has not received a email saying its canceled. I just asked him. And it 1:30am there so I doubt they'll continue to send anymore. At least I hope not. I wasn't able to cop myself but my man really pulled through.

I would've been a little bumed after all the work I put into this release. I did extensive homework on queens.cz and even shared it with some people. Didnt follow up to see if they copped yet - congrats to everyone that did.

I truly believe this at this point:
quote name="Guzz" url="/t/527183/official-air-jordan-i-retro-black-royal-thread-feb-2013-show-some-maturity-people/1440#post_17355041"]i doubt there gonna send any to the US 
[/quote]

hope it does come through for you bro...:nerd: :he:

The struggle for the elusive size 9 is finally over, thanx to the fellow NT homie tcoop2g for hookin me up, ur a good dude.

I caved in, and paid the rape price, not happy about that! But happy about the kicks

I didn't have any luck myself on Queens either, I was on that page for a week with maybe about  50-100 customers viewing or so and I was very surprised when I saw it at almost 1000 people. My order got refunded, so I went with BD now. Shipping it out to my friend that's studying abroad in the UK and it came out to be $240 so far.  Just gotta chill now and be patient, I learned that especially from this release.

Gotta move on with my life, these shoes had me at hostage point. I was at the freaking Apple store trying to cop on the Queens site, I couldn't even go home until I knew it was finally over. Thanks to everyone that has helped on this forum and the previous thread that got canned. Good luck everybody, hopefully I can see these in my own hands some day! I'll update when I hear back from BD. Stay grinding and keep your head up.

I got a size 7 (by accident messin sound on the euro sites with no translation) but I need a size 10.... Might just cancle that order if I don't find someone to trade with (its a stretch but worth the try)

Anybody with advice or insight on the following?  It would be greatly appreciated.

So, I missed out on RD like a lot of people, but ended up buying an extra pair of AFM area 72's to sell strictly to make up some of the difference, knowing I would have to pay resale on these.  Regardless, I ended up finding a guy on feebay who was advertising 290 shipped from Germany.  I messaged him and he said he had my size (11) and yes, he would do 290 shipped via paypal invoice.  Checked out the seller, and he seemed legit, 100% feedback with like 600 rating or something.  Anyways, i paid him and he said he'd be sending them DHL.  He needed my phone number b/c apparently DHL requires it.  I gave it to him and he sent me a pic of the shipping label but the thing reads in German for everything except my name and address.  I'm honestly just wondering if some of this is standard b/c 1) I never have gotten a shipment via DHL and 2) very rarely do paypal invoice.  Although I've never had a problem before, and have no reason to doubt dude, I'm just wondering if there is some angle he might be working...

Anybody?

Thanks!!!

Woot!! Got another pair from Insta! Gonna be able to rock a daily pair and keep one DS! Can't get enough of these shoes! Might buy another one and stock up!

all these Nters getting multiple pairs and I cant get lucky enough to get one for a reasonable price

Anybody with advice or insight on the following?  It would be greatly appreciated.

So, I missed out on RD like a lot of people, but ended up buying an extra pair of AFM area 72's to sell strictly to make up some of the difference, knowing I would have to pay resale on these.  Regardless, I ended up finding a guy on feebay who was advertising 290 shipped from Germany.  I messaged him and he said he had my size (11) and yes, he would do 290 shipped via paypal invoice.  Checked out the seller, and he seemed legit, 100% feedback with like 600 rating or something.  Anyways, i paid him and he said he'd be sending them DHL.  He needed my phone number b/c apparently DHL requires it.  I gave it to him and he sent me a pic of the shipping label but the thing reads in German for everything except my name and address.  I'm honestly just wondering if some of this is standard b/c 1) I never have gotten a shipment via DHL and 2) very rarely do paypal invoice.  Although I've never had a problem before, and have no reason to doubt dude, I'm just wondering if there is some angle he might be working...

Anybody?

Thanks!!!

Paypal invoice are covered under the buyer protection policy no worries my friend just dont send payments as GIFTs and you ll be good.

I got my pair thru DHL no customs fees or hold outs even though they marked the shoes for 100 euros value :smile:

Anybody?

Thanks!!!
You did the best thing you could with the paypal invoice.  You are protected by paypal now.  Next time though, before you send payment, make sure that invoice has every detail on it that you would use to dispute receiving a fake pair or anything other than deadstock, 100% authentic, all original, 2013 Royal Blue Nike Air Jordan Retro 1 shoes....or something to that effect.  Whatever is stated on the PayPal invoice is what you are buying.  Adding those few words can mean a big difference. 

Use google translate and type in the info from the label.  You should be able to recognize your address or your zip code or something.  Get tagged pictures with a unique identifier and/or a date, with him saying this is the pair that you are buying, and save any conversations/messages between the two of you.  Some people may think some of these things are over the top, but the sneaker industry is full of some of the biggest scammers there are.  Good luck with the transaction and congrats on the pick up!  Everything sounds legit to me, unless the seller doesn't know PayPal policies or doesn't know that the transaction cannot be done as a "gift" when using paypal invoice.  If the sale was finalized through eBay then you have protection through them as well, although I prefer to handle things with PayPal and have had quicker results with them.

One last thing, Search through the last week or so of the previous Royal 1 thread and there is a link that was posted a few times that can be used to track international shipping.  I thought it was for everywhere, but it may have been specific to packages originating in Australia. 

Quote:

Love this pic BK, congrats on your new pair!  Looks like it was time for a new pair, but I still love how much the others were rocked
nthat.gif
thanks bro, these and stash 95 were my grails. glad to finally have a pair to replace my beat pair but i will still wear it till it falls completely apart haha

^^even as gift paypal protects the buyer...a guy paid for an online service from me via gift,then did a chargeback on his credit card,and got his money back... :smh: :smh: :smh: **** happens.

You did the best thing you could with the paypal invoice.  You are protected by paypal now.  Next time though, before you send payment, make sure that invoice has every detail on it that you would use to dispute receiving a fake pair or anything other than deadstock, 100% authentic, all original, 2013 Royal Blue Nike Air Jordan Retro 1 shoes....or something to that effect.  Whatever is stated on the PayPal invoice is what you are buying.  Adding those few words can mean a big difference. 

Use google translate and type in the info from the label.  You should be able to recognize your address or your zip code or something.  Get tagged pictures with a unique identifier and/or a date, with him saying this is the pair that you are buying, and save any conversations/messages between the two of you.  Some people may think some of these things are over the top, but the sneaker industry is full of some of the biggest scammers there are.  Good luck with the transaction and congrats on the pick up!  Everything sounds legit to me, unless the seller doesn't know PayPal policies or doesn't know that the transaction cannot be done as a "gift" when using paypal invoice.  If the sale was finalized through eBay then you have protection through them as well, although I prefer to handle things with PayPal and have had quicker results with them.

One last thing, Search through the last week or so of the previous Royal 1 thread and there is a link that was posted a few times that can be used to track international shipping.  I thought it was for everywhere, but it may have been specific to packages originating in Australia. 
Thanks for the response man, this is exactly the info I was looking for.  I know already not to pay as a gift and certain other measures to protect myself, in addition to the paypal buyer protection.  However, I also know that releases like this bring out the worst in people and the scammers be out in full effect.  Thanks for clearing the paypal invoice thing and how it cannot be done as a gift (that was one thing I wasn't sure on).  While I have no doubt everything is legit, I just wanted to make sure there are no tricks or fast ones that can be pulled.  Next time I know to be more specific regarding what the invoice states and having lots of tagged pics and stuff.  I will use google translate when I get a chance on the invoice.  Def. stoked to have found a pair, even if it is for resell prices.

^^even as gift paypal protects the buyer...a guy paid for an online service from me via gift,then did a chargeback on his credit card,and got his money back...
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
**** happens.
Damn that sucks dude.  I thought for sure there would be some way to protect yourself as a seller.  Like Grape said, I always at the bare minimum keep all correspondence b/w the parties and try to protect myself anyway possible.  Paypal never screwed me as a buyer, but I haven't hardly sold anything and when I have it's luckily gone smoothly.  Hope you can get your money back somehow.

^^even as gift paypal protects the buyer...a guy paid for an online service from me via gift,then did a chargeback on his credit card,and got his money back...
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
**** happens.
Well as a general rule and to increase the likelihood from possible to guaranteed, I only do payment of goods/invoice.  I actually did buy a pair of shoes and pay as "gift" from a fellow NTer before I knew exactly what the deal was with PayPal but luckily he was honest
happy.gif

That sucks he did that, especially since it was a service you probably already provided.  Just curious, how did he provide enough proof to get a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom