Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are paying close to 200 dollars on the regular for Jordans, you think they wouldn't be willing to pay a small subscription fee to get info on a website? They can just pay the fee and continue to lurk. It probably wouldn't even stop the young hype beasts, they use their parents credit card to buy their shoes, why can't they use it to buy a membership? I understand why people would say it in theory, but I don't see it making much of a difference in practice.

if you think a lot of people would be willing to pay for a membership for this site then you are crazy. doesnt matter what you spend your money on, you shouldnt have to pay to communicate with others.

anyone will tell you the same, the site would lose more than half its active members easily.

People are paying close to 200 dollars on the regular for Jordans, you think they wouldn't be willing to pay a small subscription fee to get info on a website? They can just pay the fee and continue to lurk. It probably wouldn't even stop the young hype beasts, they use their parents credit card to buy their shoes, why can't they use it to buy a membership? I understand why people would say it in theory, but I don't see it making much of a difference in practice.

if you think a lot of people would be willing to pay for a membership for this site then you are crazy. doesnt matter what you spend your money on, you shouldnt have to pay to communicate with others.

anyone will tell you the same, the site would lose more than half its active members easily.
Tell that to Verizon

Any of my Bay Area folks know what's the deal with Valley Fair HOH? only chance to call was today because of work and now I can't get anyone to pick up the line, probably have their phone disconnected.
they said to call mid week, but they havent been doing raffles lately. First come first serve.

So my homeboy texted me said that he has my pair confirmed, for retail.

Have to wait till Monday after release to have them, but at least my pair is secure.

Everything is good now.

:smokin

your boy works at HOH i assume? they're the only ones gettin em in Holyoke right? do you know how many there getting

your boy works at HOH i assume? they're the only ones gettin em in Holyoke right? do you know how many there getting

Actually he works at the Basketball HOF in Springfield.

But anyways, theres a few Mom & Pop places that he's cool with, and he's gonna use his connect for me.

However, the HOH probably won't get more than 24 pairs, since they only got 20 pairs for the Knicks.

My local House of Hoops did a raffle for these today.

I called Friday and they still didn't know when the raffle would be, then all of sudden its today. Luckily, I got off work 30 minutes before the raffle ended so i was able to get my name in. Hopefully Ill get a call by Friday. Dude said they'll actually leave a message on my phone if I didn't answer. kinda funny cause with the 11s they wouldn't leave a message, if u missed a call u were **** outta luck

Gunna start calling other stores tomorrow. **** i got this all planned out, all i need is 1 pair.

I remember these shoes though my Freshmen Year of high school, I wanted em then but wasn't able to get em. I cant miss em this time

Tell that to Verizon
LOL I literally thought the same thing! I'm still pissed about losing my unlimited data, but that's another topic. lol...... But I see his point, and now that I think about it more he's right. People would just move onto another site, as there are countless other ways on the internet where you would be able to get your information. However, if every site decided to start charging for membership, then I could see people paying for sure. But that will hopefully never happen. Also, it could just have been that I didn't notice them before, but they are showing up on the footlocker launch locater website now. Less than a week away guys! 

I called Friday and they still didn't know when the raffle would be, then all of sudden its today. Luckily, I got off work 30 minutes before the raffle ended so i was able to get my name in. Hopefully Ill get a call by Friday. Dude said they'll actually leave a message on my phone if I didn't answer. kinda funny cause with the 11s they wouldn't leave a message, if u missed a call u were **** outta luck
Gunna start calling other stores tomorrow. **** i got this all planned out, all i need is 1 pair.
I remember these shoes though my Freshmen Year of high school, I wanted em then but wasn't able to get em. I cant miss em this time

Damn, looks like i'll have to resort to trying online -_-

Well this morning I drove to House of Hoops to get a raffle ticket... 1 hour later, the guy that works there calls me back saying that they just got a notification that raffles are being cancelled, and that my ticket means nothing.  What a waste of time and gas!

I just went to my local HOH in miami, got a raffle ticket, should know by friday whether I got a pair or not. What a hassle it is these days...
Pembroke Lakes Mall? I was one of the first people in line. I only want the Royal Blue 1's but I also got a ticket for the Barkley's, Kobe's, and Durants just in case if they don't call me for the Royals and I win one of those, I can use either as trade bait for the 1's

HoH stores shouldve gotten notification that raffles are cancelled for these. They're only doing reserve a pair.

such ducktales.:smh:

i entered the raffle earlier at my HOH earlier...kinda bull that the ftl site says the winners should be called tuesday but they're not calling people til friday and doing 3 days or raffling instead of 2.

so fed up that this generation of thirsty kids have led us to have to jump through so much hoops to get a pair. call me old and bitter.

Last edited:
such ducktales.
mean.gif

i entered the raffle earlier at my HOH earlier...kinda bull that the ftl site says the winners should be called tuesday but they're not calling people til friday and doing 3 days or raffling instead of 2.

so fed up that this generation of thirsty kids have led us to have to jump through so much hoops to get a pair. call me old and bitter.
Are you saying I'm telling ducktales, or the Ftl employee was telling ducktales?
If you read a couple posts above, I said the employee told me this. If this is ducktales, then both the HoH in my location are pulling some shady sh I T.

more than ready for these, pissed im gonna miss out on a couple spots doing tickets due to work.

such ducktales.:smh:

Are you saying I'm telling ducktales, or the Ftl employee was telling ducktales?

If you read a couple posts above, I said the employee told me this. If this is ducktales, then both the HoH in my location are pulling some shady sh I T.

i just dont see reserve a pair being done for a limted shoe..especially when raffles are being done for every shoe next week..seems weird to me...

I thought about it, if it was shady or not, but why couldn't he just throw away my ticket instead of going through the hassle of calling me?
That's what I don't get if it was a shady move.

Only one spot in town has confirmed these so far and dudes already have pairs reserved there. Online or bust for me man. Smh, 1 of 2 releases I want this year and I gotta depend on FNL or Eastbay. 
mean.gif

Went to 2 HoH today; one was doing a raffle, but I was the ONLY one that asked bout the Royal 1s & every other cat was there going for the ASG Pack (no lie I put in for the AF1s) Went to the other one & their doing FCFS...JJ told me to come back or call on Tuesday for more info cuz most likely theyre doing guarantee reserves...City Gear & DTLR no word as of yet, but I prob check by back on Weds or Thurs....see this wasnt hard ...some you guys need to stop asking all these question & put in your own work & come up with a game plan. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom