Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said, "...and those people are just as bad as the kids doing it for cash."

I disagree. 

Trading sneakers = culture.

Selling sneakers = hustle.

To be honest, I don't hate on resellers, I blame the people that throw double or triple the money to buy shoes from them.
When we do that, we're just telling them, "Hey bro, put in a little work for some sneakers, and I'll pay your rent next month."
If we limit the $ we spend on resale to $20-$30 over retail, a big chunk of resellers would disappear or move on to something else.

Reped! Well said

That's an assumption man. If I do not find an 11, I'm gonna let em go for what I paid in total (shipping + retail). I do the same with concert tickets, if I can't make the show they get sold for "face value". I believe NT calls this "hooked up".

stand up move

Honor? Dude I'm not buying these to sell, I'm buying to wear. Disagree. Dude A buys an 11 and wants a 10. Dude B buys a 10 and wants an 11. Dude A trades with Dude B, who had a pair taken away? The salty Dude C.

but for most people its not always easy to link up with the person who has your size, and is trying to trade for the size you have. They will end up on the resale market for an absurd price to justify the pair they are going to have to buy in their size off ebay for an absurd amount.

That's an assumption man. If I do not find an 11, I'm gonna let em go for what I paid in total (shipping + retail). I do the same with concert tickets, if I can't make the show they get sold for "face value". I believe NT calls this "hooked up".

I would be interested :tongue:...but i hope you find your size first...good luck

Bro you are mixing like 5 arguments in one. I copped online and due to the limited quantities (which is the differentiating factor), I thought this to be MY best chance at finding MY size for under 300.00. You are generalizing lots of people in one.
Still not reading all of my post.  I specifically said, "(not all directed at poster I quoted (which was you in this case), multiple people quoting me here)"  I am fine with what you did.  I have waited in lines and struck out before, everyone was lucky that there were 12 different hyped shoes releasing this weekend so that they could grab another with the same hopes.  My posts say multiple times, NT MEMBERS, so I am purposely generalizing because I am covering a large sample size here.  My original post was generalizing, but you grabbed one part of it and made it specific to your case.  Do you fam, no worries.  I hope you get that trade because you're right, it will make you and the other person really happy.  On the other hand, I wear a size 10, so F you! :rofl: (kidding!)

online vs inline is a different dynamic. But I hear what you are saying, good luck in grabbing a pair man.

You said, "...and those people are just as bad as the kids doing it for cash."

I disagree. 

Trading sneakers = culture.
Selling sneakers = hustle.

To be honest, I don't hate on resellers, I blame the people that throw double or triple the money to buy shoes from them.

When we do that, we're just telling them, "Hey bro, put in a little work for some sneakers, and I'll pay your rent next month."

If we limit the $ we spend on resale to $20-$30 over retail, a big chunk of resellers would disappear or move on to something else.
Well then we disagree.  Trading is not part of the culture anymore.  Trading as part of the culture used to be just trading a shoe you have but didn't like as much, to another sneaker guy that has the shoe you want and doesn't really like it, but really wants the one you have..  Win/win, and not based on current secondary market value.  Trading as a part of the culture does not apply to buying a shoe on release day, not in your size, to HOPEFULLY find someone that will trade you sizes.  And when that doesn't work, just like the poster above said, they put a size 8 on eBay for $400 because that's what they need to by their size 16.  The trading we are talking about today, falls under hustle, not the old fashioned style of trading we used to do.

And I agree with you on the people setting the market value at extreme prices, 100%.  I just wish everyone buying shoes was as financially attentive as we are (and A LOT of NTers are) but since they are racking up mom and dad's credit card, in this day and age, they just want what the kids at school will be friends with them for having and what will get them the most heart's on IG.

And this is just a discussion, not an argument, and it applies to the shoes in this thread that just released, so there is nothing wrong with discussing it.  If two people don't agree on NT, and are just discussing their points/views/opinions, too many people jump in with a useless post taking up space and say to stop.  But that's what a forum is for, discussion.  And this discussion relates to the topic of this thread.

So since the market value is above 300 i feel like i could trade a pair of DS Bred 11 for these. what do yall think?

Been trying to cop for 2 days now. Found someone I'm my area for 250 but he just sold my size. Then another had them fo 210 but he won't answer my tex. And nobody on ebay is bitting on anything under 300.

Last edited:
check ebay

Once K.West rocks em its over... what are banned 1s going for these days? $500+?

I hooked up a couple of NY friends with pairs from Europe but people often don't realize the cost of kicks is so much more in Europe + the shipping costs are double that in the US. So the price is still high just we ant making the money, Nike be charging reseller prices in Europe!

XC does not mean "limited". It's just the abbreviation of a factory that produced the shoes. I have a pair of lunarglides with an XC designation and they are far from limited.

Hype, you never heard of?

These will drop, just give it time. They JUST released yesterday and people are in panic right now, chill a few weeks, once Grape talk catches fire these WILL drop. Grapes will be even bigger than these.

Grapes wont be bigger than these..
Grapes are GR..
After I got my 2 pairs I hope these dont re stock..lol I dont want the resell price to go down..

I'm regretting not paying 220 for these. I wouldn't thought the market value on these would be this high... but is it still possible to find a pair of these for under 230?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom