:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

Lol at ppl having their own theories on shoe names based off colors... Instead of being on niketalk so much some of y'all need to go to YouTube and watch some Jordan highlights....

Or better yet, full games

It just dawned on me that there are probably several members of Niketalk...matter fact, several posters in this thread alone, that have never seen Mike play live.  So if I mention something like Mike's patented high post turn around fade away, they have no idea what I'm talkin bout...

Yikes!

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Only reason I think Nike called these the Cavs has to be because Melo didn't want to wear them.
This is a Knicks colorway and we all know how much MJ loved putting on a show in the Garden.
Had they called them the Knicks there might have been riots for them in NY/NJ.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

What don't you people understand?

They're the Cavs 4's because wore the 4 for 'the shot' against the Cavs 23 years ago.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
jordan-the-shot-2.jpg
Why can't the black/red colorway be the Cavs IV's?

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Many different fakes out there. This lil dude didn't even get the high quality fakes.
laugh.gif

here go fakes with the cement fold box...not my pics
http://i689.photobucket.c...v258/md156656/Cavs4s.jpg

and
roll.gif
@ not being able to move 2008 olympic vi's for over retail. Those are a pair of sneakers someone would have to pay me just to take off their hands.

At least fam got a retro card
laugh.gif

The hypebeast in the video paid $99 for a fake? Could have bought the real thing for an extra 60

LMAO!!
People like this make me SMH.

Well if you are happy with your fake, then so be it.

laugh.gif

Just don't be acting like its the real thing though.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i guess the price bombed on these

but resell and hood stores still have these priced high at least in nyc

I think the only reason that prices have dropped is because alot of people who wanted them got them and the reselling hoarders are getting desperate since South Beach/Miami Vice Lebrons drop next week.now THAT shoe will skyrocket due to the anticipation of the sequel to the South Beach colorway. not to mention those are much more limited than the Cavs were. 
I respectfully disagree with you on that statement based on the fact that the South Beach will available here in Canada but the Cavs IV's were not. 

I hope this release is a sign of the times that are coming and the days of J's reselling in the $300's the day after release are hopefully OVER!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

I think the only reason that prices have dropped is because alot of people who wanted them got them and the reselling hoarders are getting desperate since South Beach/Miami Vice Lebrons drop next week.now THAT shoe will skyrocket due to the anticipation of the sequel to the South Beach colorway. not to mention those are much more limited than the Cavs were. 
I respectfully disagree with you on that statement based on the fact that the South Beach will available here in Canada but the Cavs IV's were not. 

I hope this release is a sign of the times that are coming and the days of J's reselling in the $300's the day after release are hopefully OVER!
pimp.gif
I've been seeing the same thing recently...the J's that released this year are definitely dropping in price on the resell market.  I've seen the Cavs go for as low as $200 on ebay.  Even cement IV prices are dipping near the $200 levels.

Originally Posted by nimhet

pimp.gif
I've been seeing the same thing recently...the J's that released this year are definitely dropping in price on the resell market.  I've seen the Cavs go for as low as $200 on ebay.  Even cement IV prices are dipping near the $200 levels.

Well if you've got the south beaches we have the Cavs... Sounds like a fair international trade

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Only reason I think Nike called these the Cavs has to be because Melo didn't want to wear them.
This is a Knicks colorway and we all know how much MJ loved putting on a show in the Garden.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

They're the Cavs 4's because wore the 4 for 'the shot' against the Cavs 23 years ago.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
jordan-the-shot-2.jpg
Nike on bottom OG

Glad I passed on these. Would rather get a cool grey, oreo, bred, cement, white/red before getting these. Happy to hear the quality on these were on point. Congrats to those who actually copped to rock.

gonna break mine out this weekend. I got the matching shirt from champs too. cant wait

good looking out on the upc code Hughes!!! my local champs didnt get the shoes or shirt, had to have em order the shirt from a store in Los angeles......

Originally Posted by bhakc001

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by bhakc001

I'm the other guy that got scammed by dipsetkid44 aka Joseph Martin aka [email protected]. He also claimed to be eBay user shoegame_23. FWIW, the origin of the tracking number was Evanston, IL I'll just say it's my fault for trusting him too much. I've done "gift" payment transactions with a few other NT members (before the current rule) in the past, but they were seasoned and had refs. I'll admit I was a bit salty for missing out online and through all the options in my area, and was a bit quick to jump the gun with the price we agreed on - no excuse either way. Big lesson learned and it's on to the next.

I know. I just didn't want to put your name out there. Are you trying to get another pair? I will but I won't get paid till mid June. Ill try to scoop these and the militaries at the same time. If not, at least ill be getting all the OG colors.

Yea I still want A pair but need to prep for a crazy June next month. These seem to be widely available anyhow.
I just don't think it is a popular colorway tbh. No way a QS should be selling for less than the WCIVs. Unless people don't want it.
After I passed on a bunch of releases, and they hyped these to death, and pushed back release dates multiple times. Nike decides to drop the Yeezys on the day I start CPA review classes
30t6p3b.gif
I paid $625 for those classes Nike, %!@@ you for that one. Never again will I try to grab a Tier 0. 

As for the Vice Beaches or whatever. I hate Lebron and I am unwilling to pay 170+ for his kicks much less 250. It's a LJ shoe, it should've been "Elite" in the first place. But people complain about price hikes when they are willing to pay $250 for a %#+#$$ players shoe
30t6p3b.gif

Which leaves the military IVs. Those are the only kicks I want in June. July and August though will rape my wallet 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans
Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me. 
I put the game he hit 63 against Bird and the Celtics over that Cavs game. 

If hitting shots is the reason, where are the Jazz colorway 12s and 14s?

Nobody in the Cavs history has had anything to do with Jordan brand, so to me it was cause Melo didnt want them.

Hell he did WAY more against the Knicks over the years. He didnt even win a ring that year they beat the Cavs.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by mrrw

gonna break mine out this weekend. I got the matching shirt from champs too. cant wait

Nice bro.
thanks. i think it was you who first posted the shirt and the reason i went and bought it
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I think that its safe to say that the resale bubble has temporarily busted. I don't see any recent release selling for $300 again until the Olympic 6s and Gold Medal Pack drop 
pimp.gif

I do guarantee that the Miami Vice's resale value will hold at $400 and above.

Originally Posted by mrlongong

would a trade for a DS pair of cav 4s for a used package of the old love new love bmp 1s be a good deal? who would have the better end of this? and value wise? please help. im considering. not sure if its worth it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans
Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me. 
I put the game he hit 63 against Bird and the Celtics over that Cavs game. 

If hitting shots is the reason, where are the Jazz colorway 12s and 14s?

Nobody in the Cavs history has had anything to do with Jordan brand, so to me it was cause Melo didnt want them.

Hell he did WAY more against the Knicks over the years. He didnt even win a ring that year they beat the Cavs.
laugh.gif
 Slow down big guy. 

They have the Boston 1's already for the bolded text, so I don't get your point.

Do you think that since Ray Allen didn't like them, JB decided to make them the Boston Celtics 1's instead?

There are the Pistons and Lakers VI's, the teams he beat in the VI in his first title run.

For the Jordan 6 Rings, they had a shoe for all the teams he beat in the Finals.

Did JB say that they were done producing shoes? Naw B

They have plenty of ideas/gimicks in the vault.

It's the year of the IV, and "The Shot" was an iconic moment he had in the IV. Thus, the shoe "Cavs IV."

Spoiler [+]
You're trollin' right?
nerd.gif

^ didn't the bulls lose that game where he dropped 63?
edit: yea the bulls lose in double OT, I think a buzzer beater game is > dropping 50, 60+ and losing.

^This! Copped the cavs for my gf too. Always gotta get her a pair. Even older retros she doesn't have. At least the GS sizes are cheaper hahaha

Originally Posted by BayArea23

Originally Posted by just blaze

Broke mine out for the first time yesterday and my girl did also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73487027@N02/7266593286/http://www.flickr.com/people/73487027@N02/
You wearing shoe trees on those?

Atleast your gf wear her J's... My girl never wear hers and she wants a pair every release I buy also... SMH!

Haha, I know what you mean. I asked her hella times,"are you sure you're gonna wear these if I buy em??". Then played it off like they sold out and surprised her off a restock from finishline. As for shoe trees, none. I need to start using some or atleast some shields. Any feedback as to which to use or is better? Never had before.
^This! Copped the cavs for my gf too. Always gotta get her a pair. Even older retros she doesn't have. At least the GS sizes are cheaper hahaha
I know! Also was able to use a $15 off coupon on finishline that brought it down to retail and covered tax and shipping! Lol

Back
Top Bottom