:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Man we don't got nothing in WV. The capital city area retailers didn't get any pairs of this release.
Smh. Would love a Niketown or hoh here.

Originally Posted by waverder

Here's my 2 pairs I picked up from Eastbay about 5:05am.  Thought I was too late but I guess I wasn't.  They were a lot easier to cop on eastbay than I thought.  Another 2 are coming from Finishline this friday that I thought were cancelled but weren't.  That order went in around 5:25am I think.  Just because I have more than 3 doesn't mean I'm reselling.  The other 3 are going to friends who I offered to look out for so they wouldn't have to wake up so early and they could stay asleep.  Eastbay shipped them triple boxed.  That's a first for 2 pairs..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waverder/7212554878/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waverder/7212546330/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waverder/7212541728/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waverder/7212536872/in/photostream
My Lord!
pimp.gif

Thanks @iBodyBoardi

hopefully another restock pops up so those who missed out can get the opportunity to purchase.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

HOW DOES A NIKETOWN FAIL TO STAY OPEN? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They never opened they leased before they even finished the Pavilions. They were not the only ones that stuck down there. 
Footlocker also got stuck. They actually were set to open, but they pulled the plug on the eve of their Grand Opening, literally. 

I have not been down there since 09' and it was a ghost town only because all the the suites were leased but not occupied. 

i agree with this to a point.  "selling" and "reselling" are two different things.  of course someone would charge more than they paid for an older or original shoe because they are becoming more and more scarce with each passing year resulting in a higher price(depending on condition).  its completely different than what is happening now which is: people buying up the stock IMMEDIATELY BEFORE the people who actually want them are able to get them.  then turning around and trying to sell them to these people(at double the price) like "hey, if you wanted them for what i paid you should have tried harder than me..." 
indifferent.gif

With that quoted I got 3 pairs, keeping 1 pair and helping two others, trading for shoes I missed out.

I coulda copped atleast 5 pairs but I dont wanna hold onto the pairs for long, I have no space and time as it is to get rid of them.

Originally Posted by JumpmanPro97

HOW DOES A NIKETOWN FAIL TO STAY OPEN? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

man I guess LA is spoiled to have 2 niketowns 15 min away from each other.
Darn skippy you are!

Toss one of those Niketowns up here 
laugh.gif

HOUSTON.

4TH LARGEST CITY.

NO NIKETOWN.
Waiting for the day we have a Niketown in H-town...even sounds good
Shoes look cool. Just not my color

This whole selling vs reselling is comical
laugh.gif

Please tell me the difference....Nike SELLS their product to their "customers" such as footlocker, champs, momm/pops,etc...those stores than turn around d RESELL (re=to do again, re sell = to sell again) to us "customers", individuals....and some individuals resell, well, re resell the same product.....

Please correct me if I'm wong,or if I missed something....becase that's how I see it...I don't see any difference from a store that buys at wholesale prices,and marks up prices to the msrp tag,or even higher compared to an individual who purchases shoes at retail (or less,or more) and sells it for a little more.....welcome to America,a free market,capitalit society....a gift and a curse
pimp.gif

again, dont get hung up on the wording. if you want to get technical, everything has been re re re re re re re re re re resold over and over again so just forget the terminology all together. im talking about the differences in the REASONS and more importantly the WAYS people go about selling.

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

Originally Posted by Sphinx25

Wish we had a NT here in Pittsburgh but I just don't think the market is big enough to open one.

we dont' even have one in DC.. we barely have a HOH which i've been told is super sketchy anyways..
they're opening a NT in georgetown..i think it should be up in a couple months

seriously? oh damn it's about to go down.. too bad i'm way the f* in centreville.. definitely gonna be worth the trek for some releases though

Here's my damage from RD. Traded two, hooked up a fellow NTer for retail, and selling another. Plus I have a 10 coming. I did work this time.

Originally Posted by smzsmz

i want to give a shout out to NT member Sneakerfan1 for hooking me up with my sz 13 for just about retail + shipping + paypal fees! realness still exists! i struck out on this release with the rsvps and online. i had access to a few pairs for a size swap but still couldnt make it happen fast enough. it took me until the end of jan. to complete a three way trade for my size 13 concords and i just didnt want to go through that again... i'm very appreciative and just wanted to give him a shout out and a thank you on these boards sort of as an example for others as well as proof that not everyone rapes. thank you again bro.

now, lets take a poll. orange or blue swap? stock is fresh but with everyone running around with these shoes, sometimes you have to switch it up and innovate in order to stand out and represent.

545607_387148714671146_175765439142809_1195787_1245627493_n.jpg
pimp.gif

Glad that you got them.

I may sit on my pair and cop some orange laces to toss in them down the road.  I don't "love" this colorway, but these definitely look a lot better in person than I expected them to.  Everyone I've shown them to (people who aren't into sneakers) told me to keep them.  Why JB can't use a matte finish like this on all of their III's and IVs is beyond me.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

i want to give a shout out to NT member Sneakerfan1 for hooking me up with my sz 13 for just about retail + shipping + paypal fees! realness still exists! i struck out on this release with the rsvps and online. i had access to a few pairs for a size swap but still couldnt make it happen fast enough. it took me until the end of jan. to complete a three way trade for my size 13 concords and i just didnt want to go through that again... i'm very appreciative and just wanted to give him a shout out and a thank you on these boards sort of as an example for others as well as proof that not everyone rapes. thank you again bro.

now, lets take a poll. orange or blue swap? stock is fresh but with everyone running around with these shoes, sometimes you have to switch it up and innovate in order to stand out and represent.

545607_387148714671146_175765439142809_1195787_1245627493_n.jpg
pimp.gif

Glad that you got them.

I may sit on my pair and cop some orange laces to toss in them down the road.  I don't "love" this colorway, but these definitely look a lot better in person than I expected them to.  Everyone I've shown them to (people who aren't into sneakers) told me to keep them.  Why JB can't use a matte finish like this on all of their III's and IVs is beyond me.
yeah the matte finish on the midsoles really makes a difference. but they did the same thing with the white cement 4s and TB IIIs. that matte finish really prevents paint cracking. Ive worn my 2011 Black Cement IIIs 20+ times and I have yet to see a paint chip thanks to spraying them with matte finish

Originally Posted by CH69NO

Got my Cavs in from FNL...knew it was too good to be true...they sent me a 9.5 instead of 9

thats a bummer. wear them with some sneaker shields and you should be okay, plus it wont crease.

Originally Posted by leirlic

the shop me and my cousin went to got a total of 13 pairs. we were 11th, and 12th in line, and last 2/3 sizes just happened to be our sizes. some kid was waiting since 3 am, his dad shows up about half an hour before store opens (pretending like he's going to pay for his kid) then tries to get a pair himself. good thing my cousin saw, he called it out quick. weird father/son relationship, the kid is about 15 sitting on his dads lap in line i was like +#$?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by leirlic

the shop me and my cousin went to got a total of 13 pairs. we were 11th, and 12th in line, and last 2/3 sizes just happened to be our sizes. some kid was waiting since 3 am, his dad shows up about half an hour before store opens (pretending like he's going to pay for his kid) then tries to get a pair himself. good thing my cousin saw, he called it out quick. weird father/son relationship, the kid is about 15 sitting on his dads lap in line i was like +#$?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

pimp.gif

Glad that you got them.

yeah the matte finish on the midsoles really makes a difference. but they did the same thing with the white cement 4s and TB IIIs. that matte finish really prevents paint cracking. Ive worn my 2011 Black Cement IIIs 20+ times and I have yet to see a paint chip thanks to spraying them with matte finish
Did you tape off the shoes in order to do this?  What brand did you use?  Krylon?

So far I've only broken out my BC III's once.

Wish I could've done this to my Fire Red III's.  Eventually I'll probably have those repainted.

Back
Top Bottom