Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Redrum

and I remember last year when the white cement III dropped, walked in the mall round noon and copped my size with ease, no hassle,
with these IV's lines at every store, smh.

January vs February - huge difference in sneaker terms.  

January is the slowest month of the year in retail because of the post-Christmas lull.

February begins the bounce back, especially strong in urban/low income areas, because of tax refunds (and more accurately refund anticipation loans).  Ask anyone working at a shoe store how many green/black H&R Block cards they've seen this month.

Originally Posted by PTone

For those of you who chose  to bestow your faith in me:

Everything's SOLD, by the way and on its way to their rightful owners.
dude if youre actually putting in all that work just to help out people here for retail, i salute you.  not nearly enough of that going on.

these flying off the shelves leads me to conclude:

1) People are buying just to resell
2) Given that these haven't retroed in 10 years, the old heads came out of the woodwork
3) Children have made shoes a hobby and it is now a full blown trend

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

2) Given that these haven't retroed in 10 years, the old heads came out of the woodwork

4) All of the above!

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

Seriously need to find a connect for these Long Island stores...
Hook it up haha 
Same here and I live on LI

You get a pair? 

Nope LI is crazy today sold out everywhere I looked before 9:00am, I had to get from a Euro site this is madness
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by Redrum

and I remember last year when the white cement III dropped, walked in the mall round noon and copped my size with ease, no hassle,
with these IV's lines at every store, smh.

January vs February - huge difference in sneaker terms.  

January is the slowest month of the year in retail because of the post-Christmas lull.

February begins the bounce back, especially strong in urban/low income areas, because of tax refunds (and more accurately refund anticipation loans).  Ask anyone working at a shoe store how many green/black H&R Block cards they've seen this month.

Still though, 3-4 weeks doesn't change how badly people want a shoe. WC3s were restocked in men's sizes throughout most of feb and into March. I remember being asked in March if I wanted another pair of them because my Champs got a restock again. They just didn't sell that well.Let's be real, the WC3's and even the CG 11s set off a huge year that is continuing with even more sought after releases this year. The hype for Jordan retros has hit an all-time high. There's no denying it.

Helping people would be selling for retail + tax + shipping.

I'm pretty sure every single one of those pairs were sold for over $225.

Originally Posted by RicFawse

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

Im feeling like wearing mine today!

Don't do it guy. The newbs and trolls are going to be wearing their pairs today. I'm not breaking these bad boys out until damn near May or June 3-4 years down the road
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by GhettoBlaster1210

words cannot describe how pissed I am after this mornings attempt.
THIS!!!!
Im real agitated. I've NEVER had to stand in line for a Jordan release in ATL.... EVER. I was like 19th in line and walked out with nothing 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

All I wanted was Cement IV's and then i'd retire since I got True Blue's last year and got Carmines. My top 3 grails.

eBay prices got me sick
yo where'd you go in ATL? lines have been getting progressively worse all over the city man. 

Originally Posted by kix28

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

Haven't lined up in over 9 years. Yes, 2003 was the last time I lined up, which was for the Black/Red XII's.

Missed out online cuz of crashing servers. Took my chance. Lined up at 4:30 at the West Covina Mall, was around 70th person in line.
laugh.gif
 Security kinda screwed up the lines and directed people to different stores. I got lucky and got stuck with a line where all the dudes wore 10 and above at the Champs store. This Champs store had only 12 pairs total (Mostly size 10-12's, 2 pairs of 9's and one 8.5.)  Was lucky to cop the last size 9! So relieved! Mission accomplished. I can go to sleep now.
roll.gif

NEVER LINING UP AGAIN!
laugh.gif

Stork, I was stuck in the same line with you then since I was in the champs line.

I was thinking about going there to the west covina mall but damn 70 people.thank god I didn't go anymore

Well more came through after me, easily like an additional 30-40 heads behind me. Saw a few arguments go down. Would of saw a few fist fights if the security guards weren't there.
roll.gif
 People getting kicked out too for not going through the correct entrance.

as soon as i copped my pair i hit craigslist up & these was ALL over for at least $250. it pisses me off to kno that real shoe heads missed out b/c of "resellers". i cnt knock a dude for his hustle but i kno of a few cool dudes that really wanted them & missed out

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Nah more than likely $200 thats PT
 there would be an extra 12 on there if i didnt luck out early with END

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by SolexSup

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

I never liked you anyway, but it sucks you couldn't get a pair. Maybe you should go back to New York, they were easy to get there from what I hear. 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Resell price in NY is at $220 right now so its not too bad.

Just being honest 
roll.gif
 from 2004-2008 dude spent years on NT preaching how much he hated living in ATL... Now ATL returned the favor
pimp.gif
 I love my city..
Like I said though, too bad you couldn't get your pair 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ah man. another Atlanta guy? what's good? glad to see some local representation on the board lol. where'd you cop?

no issues with that.  you cant expect someone to pick up a pair for you and pay your tax and shipping.  i wouldnt pay retail for these, but for those who really want them and get shut out this is better than succumbing to the gouging dirtbags.

Same here and I live on LI

You get a pair? 

Nope LI is crazy today sold out everywhere I looked before 9:00am, I had to get from a Euro site this is madness
indifferent.gif

Yea I went out at 10 to see if I could find a pair, already have 2 locked up but people here take it to a whole new level 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by bootyologist24

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this little kid waiting 6+ hrs and saying they were an "easy cop".

Wow!!!!
laugh.gif
!.  Try sleeping in until 10-11 and going to get some breakfast, then making a trip to your local spot and swoopin up a pair, chatting with your boys about how sweet they are.  Debating on whether you want anther pair or not.  Leaving with your one pair only to go walk around the mall for another hour or so.  Finally getting some lunch with the boys and busting your kix out for all to see, realizing, "Damn, these are clean, should get another pai
eek.gif
r".  After eating lunch and admiring on the sweetness of the AIR JORDAN, saying eff it and going back for another size to complete the double copp, hours after release, then high fiving all the fellas on a good day
smokin.gif
.  Two kix later, and a fit to go with it, that's an easy copp  little man.
pimp.gif
  Im sure you were a tadpole back then and cant really relate but big ups to your dedication and work.  I seen alot of parents out there rolling their eyes and kids keeping their distance just to prevent their parents from getting frustrated and possibly changing their mind
roll.gif

Man, it's funny how times have changed.

An easy cop, was me walking in to the store slightly after 10am back in 1999 to buy a pair of white cements for me and my boy who was at work, back when they released during the middle of the week.

An easy cop was not having to rush to buy the white cement III's online in under two minutes praying the site doesn't crash or freeze up.

Now guys think standing in line for 5 and 10 hours is an easy cop. I guess not everyone thinks their time is valuable. [shrug]

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Nah more than likely $200 thats PT
 there would be an extra 12 on there if i didnt luck out early with END

Not bad considering I was up @ 5:30.  Just got home @ 12:30 from hitting up 5 or 6 different spots.

this release for me came out of no where..... in regards to people trying to cop.... i swear there were more concords to be had.....

I didn't get my size 12 but I'll let the hype fade out. Prices will come back to earth just like they did with the concords. Two weeks ago I got 2 pair of concords, one for $290 and one for $275 and normally size 12 is hard to find for that price.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

My opinion

The chaos that was the concord release all over the country. It was one big !*! commercial for JB. Everyone wants what they can't have, or what they think is in demand.

Now everyone wants Jordan's, more so than ever.

Plus all these sneaker blogs, message boards and websites are making more sneakerheads/hypebeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom