Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
My story: Got to Beverly Center with my boy around 4am thinking I'd be in the middle of the pack. Boy was i wrong
laugh.gif
 Line wrapped all the way around the building past Macys, 400+ people (more than half not sneakerheads and just resellers). They started letting people enter in groups of 10 at 7. Around 8, sz 8-9.5 ran out. Around 9, 10-10.5 was gone too. By the time I got near the front at about 9:30, the only sizes left were 12 and 13 (my size and his size.) I was thinking we were good until all the people in front of me who were sz 8.5-10 decided to cop all the 12s and 13s, and I got stuck with nothing. I went up the escalator anyway with my boy  to see if this was true and the security guard yelled at us but let us go. When we got there there was another line at House of Hoops. Apparently while the huge line stood outside, Finishline and Shiekh had been wiped clean by lurking resellers. We saw people leaving HOH with sz 10s and 12s and were like +!#??? What happened to being sold out? We asked a worker and she told us, "Those are only for the people who were waiting outside." When we explained we had waited outside for 6 hours, she politely told us to @+$% off. My boy and I ended up copping off a reseller right outside HOH because we didn't want to leave empty handed and the eBay prices were ridiculous. He wanted $270, but we bargained him down to $230 for the 12 and $240 for the 13. House of hoops LA is super shady, hope I never do business with them again. I did meet several really cool people, including one guy rocking a diamond sweater and bred ie 11 lows that i think is on here, as well as a super chill guy right behind me rocking orlando Penny 1s. 
Pic of the line (about half is in front of us, the other half behind)

My pair:

Loving my pair, its been a long time coming 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

These are flooding CL. Lol. I'm actually hitting a few dudes up. Only offering $200 MAX...

-buy them breakfast for scooping kicks.

- these resellers are crazy and ******ed. Haha.

-They are finding suckers though. Some guys sold a pair for $325. Laughing to the bank he was actually cool in the text convo.

U in the LA area?  I peeped CL, and saw dudes selling them for 400-450
laugh.gif

I'll Probably do the same, offer somebody $200.  With tax, they were gonna be like 178...

I can't believe how much harder these were to get than the black cement 3's. I looked everywhere for a sz 10 for my cousin but no success.  Anyhow, I got my pair and would like to thank House of Hoops Las Vegas at planet hollywood for another smooth release without incident. Also, to all the cool people in line especially the first 20-30 heads, until next time friends...i was the dude in the tribe called quest tee. I had a couple of good chuckles from the comments you would blurt out to the all drunk clubbers when they would go up to us and say, "hey, what the hell are you guys in line for?" at one point i wanted to say, "the nike Jeremy Lin IV's"... yah good times.

Originally Posted by aomrani

This experience makes me wan't to dump my entire Jordan collection on Michaels bald head!!!
smile.gif

Sounds like you consider your collection turds by your implied tone! HAHAHA

Originally Posted by natrix916

Everyone that order thru NDC get their email confirmations?

I actually got mine before I was of the phone with the rep.  I had asked about sizes remaining and "DING", my confirmation came thru.

Surprised so many people struck out. I have a day job too and bought 2 pair with ease from over seas for about $170 shipped each. Could have easily gotten more if I wanted to. I guess the mayhem is taking you guys by surprise. I think the Concords really increased retro brand awareness. I teach in a high school and many of my students who never said a word about sneakers before December know when every retro is dropping.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

these flying off the shelves leads me to conclude:

1) People are buying just to resell
2) Given that these haven't retroed in 10 years, the old heads came out of the woodwork
3) Children have made shoes a hobby and it is now a full blown trend

My opinion

The chaos that was the concord release all over the country. It was one big !*! commercial for JB. Everyone wants what they can't have, or what they think is in demand.

Now everyone wants Jordan's, more so than ever.

Plus all these sneaker blogs, message boards and websites are making more sneakerheads/hypebeast
I keep reading and reading, by far this is the best. DEC 24 2011, was the day everything changed. Every shoe after the concords was a sell out, even the royal 10s
laugh.gif
. It wasn't like this last year with cement 3s and playoff 13s. I'm worried now, people are going to have to put up their best efforts for minor GRs. I got my pair confirmed from FN last night, even that was a struggle. I'm going to laugh if the military 4s sell out, because those sat for a while in 2006.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

you could only buy 1 pair from nike santa monica. but they def had less than what i expected

Nah, they were letting people buy two, by the time they got to the random sizes (14, 7, 7.5) they started selling them one at a time...

Originally Posted by sharpC

@Black Ice

lol lucky and yea i waited about 2 hours at wish. sucks i knew they had a full size run, but i expected more.
Where were u at wish? on the ramp closer to the door, the middle of the line, or by the BoA ATM? lol. Did u end up copping from anywhere else?

Struck out on NDC so I headed to the mall, I was 8th in line at Shiekh n when i asked for an 11 or 11.5 they said all they had left was sz 10 n 13 i was like +@#?! so I picked up the 10 in hopes to trade for my sz 11 I swear I'm getting too old for this.

Beverly center releases are never good. i remmber the aston martin pack and the YOTD VIIs.... crazy and unorganized

So happy my ndc order went through early this morn no way I would have been able to cop these for retail in LA
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom