Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure they are doing just fine as far as profit margins...General release completely cleared out in a matter of weeks.  No other non-premium brand can pull that off I think.  If you price to high then they catch more flack not being available to the fans/customers that want them...plus we would be really scrutinizing the quality of the shoes/materials...Hell we already do when we pay regular retail. 

But if they price them based on what they are really worth, they will make more money (more is always better as far as business profits go).  But the main point is, by pricing them higher I could easily go into a retail store a few days after release and pick up a pair.  I wouldn't have to fight with violent crowds, spend a couple hours in the middle of the night trying to get through online, or have to deal with ebay resellers.  That is what I want, put the people who just buy these to resell out of business. 

And people can whine all they want, but very few people actually care about the quality.  If a lot of people really cared, these wouldn't sell very well 

Originally Posted by Sting83659

Im sure they are doing just fine as far as profit margins...General release completely cleared out in a matter of weeks.  No other non-premium brand can pull that off I think.  If you price to high then they catch more flack not being available to the fans/customers that want them...plus we would be really scrutinizing the quality of the shoes/materials...Hell we already do when we pay regular retail. 

But if they price them based on what they are really worth, they will make more money (more is always better as far as business profits go).  But the main point is, by pricing them higher I could easily go into a retail store a few days after release and pick up a pair.  I wouldn't have to fight with violent crowds, spend a couple hours in the middle of the night trying to get through online, or have to deal with ebay resellers.  That is what I want, put the people who just buy these to resell out of business. 

And people can whine all they want, but very few people actually care about the quality.  If a lot of people really cared, these wouldn't sell very well 

im lost.... who is to say what they are worth? a few people sell em for 270 . all of a sudden thats what they are worth? just like these douche bags on craigslist... "buy from me or go to flight club and pay xyz" who the hell says that flight club's prices are the gospel?

Originally Posted by glove72

Nike cares not for you, but only for your dollars. 

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness 

The sad thing is half these beasts would pay that if they seen their favorite lame celebrity wearing it.  You see the same heads here on NT beasting for every limited or hyped release and crying about them, and for the non limited you don't hear a word from them.  Sad what has happened.

UPS just dropped off my pair from ndc, nothing to complain about im very happy with my pair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_lzx3l8XsRq1qdbpago1_500.jpg

UPS just dropped these off. unlike many have posted in this thread, NDC did not fail me but i will admit this release was pretty chaotic. anyways, glad i got my pair. no complaints whatsoever 
pimp.gif

^^^^Check behind your heel tabs for the red/clay paint stains before you start calling your pairs immaculate...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HdBkNIKE

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I dont understand why people still posting pics of the shoe like yours is different than ours, lol.

Anyways, instead of writing Nike, write CNN or FOXNEWS, MSNBC etc., they'll do a news report and go straight to Nike for answer. When Nike feels pressure they'll respond.

Just to share with the community nothing wrong with that...
Thats the whole point! Share the pics of your pick ups. Its better than seeing people scream FAKE! or beg for a hookup....

Originally Posted by HdBkNIKE

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I dont understand why people still posting pics of the shoe like yours is different than ours, lol.

Anyways, instead of writing Nike, write CNN or FOXNEWS, MSNBC etc., they'll do a news report and go straight to Nike for answer. When Nike feels pressure they'll respond.

Just to share with the community nothing wrong with that...
I'm sorry, I didn't know we were supposed to stop posting pics once you got yours
30t6p3b.gif

Someone must of missed out on the asg drops the other day
laugh.gif

Sting83659 wrote: 

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness  

25p45z9.gif

Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever read on NT in 10+ years.

I see what you mean...but that would be tough...Cements, Concords...price high...um...Royal and Chi Xs?  if they misprice, nothing sells.
Besides, that still happens.  If you don't mind paying a higher price then there are plenty of websites that mark up the price based on the hype...and there is always resellers.  Nike then doesnt have to take the risk and can still sell out on product and let then us (collectors and hypebeasts) set the market.  Nike doesnt mind resellers...it adds to the legend/demand of the shoe.  

Disney does the same thing putting out classic movies on DVD for short amounts of time...way of creating a false demand.  Only certain companies can pull that off.  If Nike really wanted to maximize profits they produce another batch of Concords 6 months....but then we wouldnt want them so bad would we?

I say all this as I sit here snacking on some damn $5 Girl Scout Cookies that I can only get once a year...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Sting83659 wrote: 

25p45z9.gif

laugh.gif
 Word!

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I had two pairs in my cart, got all the way to the order confirmation page then the page went blank just before I could copy down the confirmation number
30t6p3b.gif

Called Nike right after and they said "no order appears for your account" but I got an email the next day saying I still have items in my cart. Nike called and said they are sorry for the inconvenience and could only take in feedback about the situation. Oh well.
I think this happened to a lot of people. It happened to me and a few of my friends trying to get them off of ndc

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by socluis90

nike as a whole has been grimy lately. #%#+ is ridiculous

Failed on BHMs, jordan 4s, and ASG shoes. #@#& NIKE inc!
Nike is Grimy. They do not care about us the consumer. They view us like how a dealer views a junkie. No matter what, us the consumer will still buy despite how they mistreat us unfortunately.  So they will continue to just toy with us. They will continue to limit certain shoes or dont make enough to meet demand, to continue to screw us and the build hype. Im sure they dont mind seeing people die for shoes/riots involving law enforcement. Did they not mistreat, "enslave" children in Asia and exploit them into child labor? Yea, they dont give 2 ___ about any of us. (example: Galaxy Foams release)
I got my 4s, but im ultra Salty about BHMs and ASG.

You  definitely need a life if you're looking this deep into buying a pair of shoes. I'm literally lmao
roll.gif

Can anybody who's NDC order got cancelled (or partially cancelled) confirm that they received a $50 gift card from Nike as an apology? Or is that story false?

Nike cares not for you, but only for your dollars. 

63e36fad3cf927d3ee4431da3fe3c89a6f850d1c.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Sting83659 wrote: 

25p45z9.gif

agreed.......

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

Yeah to the guy at the top metioning how close you are to the servers ..if you are close that increasesthe ping to there website and it would speed up the process the further you are most likely you r ping will be greater than others
That's what I'm thinking. I live in Miami, so I'm about as far away as possible.

Originally Posted by snax91

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I had two pairs in my cart, got all the way to the order confirmation page then the page went blank just before I could copy down the confirmation number
30t6p3b.gif

Called Nike right after and they said "no order appears for your account" but I got an email the next day saying I still have items in my cart. Nike called and said they are sorry for the inconvenience and could only take in feedback about the situation. Oh well.
I think this happened to a lot of people. It happened to me and a few of my friends trying to get them off of ndc

I wasn't salty about it, just a little annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom