Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Wow, just saw that NTLA tweet. That's terrible, hopefully they won't give u guys a random day in the week and a short time gap.

Just a heads-up....I'm canceling my sz 11 on NDC. Give them a call if you still need sz 11.

All in all, a good release for me today. Planning on splitting the pack (i get the 6), then i'm done until November.

Last edited:
Just about every store in my mall had FSR on adults and then some. Smooth release. No crazy lines, no crazy groups of kids trying to bust through a service entrance. All good this time. Tax free weekend too. Wish they always went this easy lol.

is it just me or is the quality on these bad. im not 1 to complain but when i went to the store a few were pre creased

Wow, just saw that NTLA tweet. That's terrible, hopefully they won't give u guys a random day in the week and a short time gap.
just scooped a pair from eastbay 'cause i was worried about that...i work on weekdays, can't do a random day pickup...sucks that eastbay doesn't let you use the free shipping code on release day anymore tho

is it just me or is the quality on these bad. im not 1 to complain but when i went to the store a few were pre creased

Mine had a couple glue spots, but that's par for the course with JB releases... I just expect it these days. Like i said earlier though, i think this IV is the worst quality this year. Won't stop me from beating it though.

Got the NTLA DM and it says that the pair is GUARANTEED. But didnt want to risk missing out or driving out there anymore so just copped on Eastbay. If my order gets cancelled then atleast i still have NTLA as a back up

Easy pickup in Chicago. I was in a new place, so I really didn't know when to get there. I got there at about 6:45 and came out with a 13. 

The FNL I went to had less than 10 pairs though. 
sick.gif

They aren't bad at all. Mine weren't pre-creased. As long as these don't crack like the IVs in '06, I will be happy with these.

I'm probably in the minority, but looks wise, I definitely prefer the 2012 Fire Reds (Varsity Red) over the 2012 White Cements.

Last edited:
After seeing everyone saying the quality sucks I decided to cancel mine. I passed on the Mars because of his Ugly face and I had white/red Nds laser Iv. Well I still have the nds laser with a lot better quality. I just kept thinking I would rather have $186 than these shoes, so I called FNL and cancelled. Hope someone gets my 11.5 that really wanted them.

Last edited:
Makes me feel good that I can sleep in till around 12. Hop on Eastbay and that they still have my size 14 left. Today was a good day. Now for a run to the outlets for some possible hidden gem's.

Used FTL B-Day coupon in-store for a $143.10 total (6% tax in my state). Not bad.

Some small factory creases on the right toe, but it's really not that serious. They look good to me.

Used FTL B-Day coupon in-store for a $143.10 total (6% tax in my state). Not bad.
Some small factory creases on the right toe, but it's really not that serious. They look good to me.
I thought I was the only one with that problem.

it's like a slight bubbling in the right toe...

To those trying to cop for RETAIL, I urge you to CALL Eastbay.
They still have pairs available & their phone lines are free. I got through TWICE in the last half an hour
We still have most of the sizes available as of this post, but due to all the traffic, no one is able to add them to their cart at this time. I recommend calling in at 1.800.826.2205 with the product # 08497110 if you would like to order them now.

EastbayRep - Ray

I copped and usually not the one to complain about quality but the leather on these feel do cheap, a lot of pairs were pre creased BAD. One dude had to swap out 4 pairs to get a good pair....lol....

Back
Top Bottom