Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I was excited about getting mine in tm (from SH) until I looked at the tracking and said "clearance delay" in NJ (I'm in NY). I called up FedEx and apparently customs must've thought it was something shady, so they needed certain information. After feeling completely sketched out I had to give my SSC over the phone to some random lady (after she reassured me 1000 times it's completely safe and happens all the time),and informing them what was in the box and for what gender (I don't know why they needed to know whether it was for mens or womens) she straightened things out. So a couple hours go by and I decide to track it again, and the box says "in transit" again, in PARIS FRANCE. WTF man! This would be my luck. Now I have NO idea what's going on with them. I just got off the phone with another rep and they couldn't explain what happened. Here's the kicker, I ordered TWO 10.5's for myself just in case one came with creasing, the other box should be here by tomorrow on time. Customs pulls boxes at random according to the rep. This whole thing is turning into a headache now, and for those who ordered from SH, TRACK YOUR PACKAGES.....OFTEN. I've ordered a few times from SH and never had a problem, but this has me weary of ordering overseas again to deal with this hassle.
Dang. I hope this doesn't happen to my order.

shouldnt be asking for ssn over the phone. fedex generally makes people fill out an importer form, which contains ssn info, so they can bill customs fees. that form has to be either emailed or faxed to the agent handling the order.
also, ive had to fill out a shoe document to get shoes through customs. weird.

FNL restock!!!! Got mine with the winner circle $20 off. Hope they don't come in bad shape.

fnl restock might be alot of bad pair since most are probably returns, good luck with that everybody, my d i ck's pair should be arriving any minute

Last edited:
fnl restock might be alot of bad pair since most are probably returns, good luck with that everybody, my d i ck's pair should be arriving any minute
how so? the restocks are a lot of cancelled orders. They wouldnt have had the time to shift store inventory to online.

LOL this is the one pair I am glad I just grabbed at the store. :smh: You guys are truly having a hard time no matter where you ordered it from

how so? the restocks are a lot of cancelled orders. They wouldnt have had the time to shift store inventory to online.

why wouldnt they have time, when the 7s restock few date after rd fnl tweeted that they were more than likely returns and not a full restock

Last edited:
Eastbay order should be here tomorrow. Hope they are a decent pair..

Not too worried about a little bit of creasing or glue, but some of these pairs look horrible..

Hopefully finishline comes through on this restock. I got my size but you never know with them...

FNL restocks most the time come from store inventories....

and a lot of times, store managers dont fulfill the orders because they want the 160$ sale for the store.

When you guys get your pairs in from restocks, look at the address and see where its coming from.

shouldnt be asking for ssn over the phone. fedex generally makes people fill out an importer form, which contains ssn info, so they can bill customs fees. that form has to be either emailed or faxed to the agent handling the order.
also, ive had to fill out a shoe document to get shoes through customs. weird.

Dude this happened to me when I ordered the Oly 6's from UI. My package sat in the NYC sort facility for nearly 2 weeks. I sent an email to UI and explained what happend, they actually sent me another pair. Somehow I got both pairs and was only charged for one. I've been ordering from UK sites for a few years now and have never had this happen, not sure what is going on.

FNL restocks most the time come from store inventories....

and a lot of times, store managers dont fulfill the orders because they want the 160$ sale for the store.

When you guys get your pairs in from restocks, look at the address and see where its coming from.

finishline has gotten better with restocks to be honest and i dont think managers can hold on to inventories like that anymore. coorporate is very interested in the sell thru numbers and checks them a lot from what was explained to me from a manager at fnl

I was excited about getting mine in tm (from SH) until I looked at the tracking and said "clearance delay" in NJ (I'm in NY). I called up FedEx and apparently customs must've thought it was something shady, so they needed certain information. After feeling completely sketched out I had to give my SSC over the phone to some random lady (after she reassured me 1000 times it's completely safe and happens all the time),and informing them what was in the box and for what gender (I don't know why they needed to know whether it was for mens or womens) she straightened things out. So a couple hours go by and I decide to track it again, and the box says "in transit" again, in PARIS FRANCE. WTF man! This would be my luck. Now I have NO idea what's going on with them. I just got off the phone with another rep and they couldn't explain what happened. Here's the kicker, I ordered TWO 10.5's for myself just in case one came with creasing, the other box should be here by tomorrow on time. Customs pulls boxes at random according to the rep. This whole thing is turning into a headache now, and for those who ordered from SH, TRACK YOUR PACKAGES.....OFTEN. I've ordered a few times from SH and never had a problem, but this has me weary of ordering overseas again to deal with this hassle.

one of the reasons i try and not to order from europe

its too much of a hassle

Fooocker sent me a ups link via email monday, so I checked it today and it says they should get here in 3 business days. It's funny I act like I'm gonna wear them right when I get them but I know my routine, get my package, eat to celebrate my newest pick up,blow a blunt, Go in my room and look at my jayz! Repeat!

finishline has gotten better with restocks to be honest and i dont think managers can hold on to inventories like that anymore. coorporate is very interested in the sell thru numbers and checks them a lot from what was explained to me from a manager at fnl

I use to be a manager at FNL...

The only ones they really care about are the overnight , 2 day orders. Most the time CS would call had make sure you fulfill the order while their on the phone.

YES they check up on how many orders a store places and how many orders a store fulfills.

If we had 1 pair left in a hot size we would keep in store. If it was like a size 8 we would fulfill the order. Just depends on your inventory I guess.

Fun times spending hours fulfilling orders lol......

Last edited:
^^^ gotcha. seems like a whoooole lot less canceled orders these days especially since they added the Google Protection stuff to online orders.

Fun times spending hours fulfilling orders lol......[/B]
My least favorite part about the job... >:

Yes, there is an option whether or not you wanna fulfill the order, but technically, it's against the rules because when you have an order on the computer that you don't wanna fulfill, you'd "no stock" it, which basically implies you don't have it. Continuously no stocking the order would eventually get it taken off the store's inventory and then when you have someone buy the shoe, it shows up in your journal? Yeah, that would look kinda suspicious... :lol: My manager would get PISSED if we have a Lebron or Jordan that gets returned and it ends up becoming an order because not only would the store lose money from the return, it doesn't make any money whatsoever from fulfilling online orders.

And most of the times, yes restocks come from a shoe being returned. Like, if a shoe was sold out one day and the next day you randomly see a size 10 online, that means that someone returned a size 10 that day. Half the time, the returns come from someone who can't sell the shoe... :lol:

Last edited:
Why is it taking so long? UPS says mine will be here tommorow
[table][tr][td]Montgomery, AL, United States[/td][td]08/08/2012[/td][td]6:01 A.M.[/td][td]Departure Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]08/08/2012[/td][td]4:55 A.M.[/td][td]Arrival Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States[/td][td]08/07/2012[/td][td]11:31 P.M.[/td][td]Departure Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]08/07/2012[/td][td]9:24 P.M.[/td][td]Origin Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td]United States[/td][td]08/07/2012[/td][td]12:40 A.M.[/td][td]Order Processed: Ready for UPS[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom