Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I had the opportunity to buy the Bordeaux off of a friend and they were size 10 but I thought I'd need a 9.5.
I'm really happy with the charcoal in sz 10, they are super comfortable, quality is great and they look beast. Funny how style from 1992 still holds up 20 years later

Happy with everything except this pink paint :x

Damn bro, you got the fireberry 7's in black.

I'm debating if I should call NDC and return them cuz I know that I won't be able to find another pair retail and I refuse to support a reseller..but I seen a couple of other reviews and people were saying that theirs looked pink also....so at least im not alone

I'm debating if I should call NDC and return them cuz I know that I won't be able to find another pair retail and I refuse to support a reseller..but I seen a couple of other reviews and people were saying that theirs looked pink also....so at least im not alone

You might be lucky enough to find a reseller with a reasonable price...just bought me a pair for under 190 shipped

got mine :D

^ Don't sweat it.

Besides his pair, no one has apparently had this problem.

Also, reener, congrats on the pickup!

:nthat:

My pair seems normal, even though it looks pink in this photo. It may be caused by the flash

Last edited:

The biggest difference between the OG and 2012 version besides the two-toned colorblocking on the upper and the use of leather and nubuck has to be on the tongue. The tongue colorblocking is much darker than these. However, the inside lining of the tongue and sock are a pretty damn near perfect match. The other big difference is how thick the wings are. With that great leather the wings are almost twice as thick and much heavier than on the 2012's. The other big difference is the dyed midsole coloring vs the paint, but they matched the colors almost perfectly to the OG.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality of these 2012's. I can retire my '92's for good, and I now have all my VII (sans Cardinals which I sold and may pick up down the road). I'll post a group shot of my 7 7's shortly.

Thought you guys would like to see comparison pics to the 2002's. The orange on the soles seems to be the biggest difference..

Haven't tried the new ones, but just comparing soles, the seem to be TTS.. My 2002 version are 10.5, New ones are 10.

Just for size comparison.. For those saying the Bords run smaller than these, the soles look bigger on the Black/Red..

PS, these are my favorite J's (once again). :tongue:

All 3 versions are different shapes..

Happy with everything except this pink paint :x

Damn bro, you got the fireberry 7's in black.

Keep them, they ain't that bad.

As do I, but going to pickup the shoes in person is much more satisfying to me for a shoe I really want. I still have never been able to snag a big release online, so it's always a toss up.
I like getting mine in-store, too. You eventually see the same people at the campouts. Plus, online is a crapshoot, so I'd rather wait it out on the concrete than online.

I went to get a pair of Speed Turfs from Jimmy Jazz yesterday and left with Turfs and a pair of 7s. Guy at the store said they got about 5 pairs from a store that didnt sellout.

They should be Raptors look at the colorway of course the suede is charcoal based but the shoe itself was Raptors based

They should be Raptors look at the colorway of course the suede is charcoal based but the shoe itself was Raptors based
Do you mean based off the Toronto Raptors, a team that wasn't even in the League when the original shoe was released?...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom