Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

OP thank you for setting this nickname straight! If people want to call the one from the pack raptors coo, but folks need to understand this are the ones Jordan wore in the playoffs and finals when he fried the Trailblazers in 1992. Nothing to do with raptors. Anyhow these are one of my all time favs and been waiting for a minute I passed on these in 2002 and bought the Jordan 17 white/red colorway and that one from the pack was just not close and not doing it for me so passed completly on those and man am I glad I did!
Honestly, I joke about this every time the subject comes up. But the reality of it is people are gonna call 'em what they want. Everybody has their reasons for calling them whatever, but I've refused to fall victim to the "Raptors" term. I know it's just a nickname, but to me it represents so much more than that. It's hard to explain, but I associate the term "Raptors" with the newer generation of shoe heads. Not that its wrong, but it's a different attitude among newer peeps and the older heads.

all wayy to dam much imo
Probably. But in the past year and a half, prices over $210 have become the "norm" for shoes retailing at $160. You can get a sense of what the market value is of a shoe pretty quick and the $239 range seems to be where it's at right now. Patience will pay off, but for those that don't have none, this is your price point.

Last edited:
Probably just gonna head out in the wee hours of the morning for these with some friends. Really don't wanna risk not getting these. If they sit all day, good for all the bts shoppers, but if not, then I will be even more glad lol.

Honestly, I joke about this every time the subject comes up. But the reality of it is people are gonna call 'em what they want. Everybody has their reasons for calling them whatever, but I've refused to fall victim to the "Raptors" term. I know it's just a nickname, but to me it represents so much more than that. It's hard to explain, but I associate the term "Raptors" with the newer generation of shoe heads. Not that its wrong, but it's a different attitude among newer peeps and the older heads.

I feel ya, but being from Portland and seeing those finals, makes these shoes worth a lot more to me. As well the raptors should just be for the DMP pack they came out in totally different shoe, and that I could accept. Anyhow saw your collection, pretty dope homie, nice kicks you have!

Last edited:

Probably. But in the past year and a half, prices over $210 have become the "norm" for shoes retailing at $160. You can get a sense of what the market value is of a shoe pretty quick and the $239 range seems to be where it's at right now. Patience will pay off, but for those that don't have none, this is your price point.

the $200.00 to $240.00 and some times higher is now the norm for all small mom and pop stores in nyc for the past year

I myself have been buying from a number of places through out the years and all these bastards have been milking customers forever but this past year since the concord release has been terrible

for myself i'm part to blame since i have paid mark up's in the past and continue to do so on line and well as in store

but i have not got one pair of joran retros for retail so far this year
years past some retro colorways that have had lines in the past 8 months would never have people camping up to a year ago

years past i never copped shoes just to have them early or to get "e props"
i did that to avoid the lines now its necessary if you dont want to camp for days

waiting for more then a few hours is a thing of the past at least in nyc for the most part
plus the lines have become bigger around the country look at the pics and videos posted for each release this year jordan and nike wise

nike does nothing about the prices and yes the word's "suggested price" really means nothing at

now stores look at online and after market resellers like flightclub and there prices plus see the hype for each nike/jordan release and price as so

i hope i get a pair of these 7's for $210.00 or under

Last edited:
honestly stay with the 8.5 because these materials stretch on the 7's. at least my bordeauxs feel a bit more stretched.

correct me if im wrong but I think the "Raptors" nickname came from Jalen Rose when he wore a pair when he was playing for the Toronto Raptors right?

Got a pair from UTA. Been telling myself to be patient and not pay over retail but these releases have been just too nerve racking.

I truly only call them Charcoals on this site so the OG purist don't bite my head off. This version of the shoe doesn't even have the black/dark-charcoal two tone upper. Just the Black. Truth be told, it is the Raptors as far as I am concerned.

all wayy to dam much imo
I agree, I will pay $240 for the correct shoe, the Raptors is not one of them

I live in NY so itll be bad for these :lol: . The way i see it is the people who missed out on the pack are going to want these and schools about to start on the 6th so these will be everyones back to school shoe.

Some good news for my fellow Western Mass NT'ers.

Left FNL earlier today and the manager said they're getting 96 pairs.

That's right, 96 PAIRS!!

:smokin

& that's only mens sizes!

Not quite sure why so many pairs, but why complain?

Chalk this up for a win for the little man!

:lol:

PM me for exact location if you wanna know.

We got this one in the bag!

correct me if im wrong but I think the "Raptors" nickname came from Jalen Rose when he wore a pair when he was playing for the Toronto Raptors right?
I don't think Jalen Rose ever wore the VII's while with the Raptors. The Raptors nickname latched itself due to the shoes being the same colors as the old Raptors uniforms. Nevermind the fact that the team didn't exist back in 1992 and the fact that the Raptors don't even use purple NOW. It's just one of those things that stuck. Who knows the exact origin but it probably was born from some dude thinking it was cool while rockin the shoes and a fitted Raptors pinwheel hat back in 2002.

Well looks like I aint grabbing these after all. Despite saying they would send me to school with book money, my parents never fail to disappoint. But I can't be mad at them, they have not been able to keep a single promise since '98 when I was 9. So I will have to buy books instead.
Good luck to the people coppin tho.

seriously, don't be mad, you're old enough to be buying your own shoes. come on, man.

these things are expensive.

Last edited:
Well looks like I aint grabbing these after all. Despite saying they would send me to school with book money, my parents never fail to disappoint. But I can't be mad at them, they have not been able to keep a single promise since '98 when I was 9. So I will have to buy books instead.
Good luck to the people coppin tho.
I don't feel any pity for you. If you want to support your shoe habit, be independent and get a job. I have to deal with buying books and paying for tuition too, and those things are way more important than copping a pair. Education>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom