Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Went to my former footlocker store where i used
To work for years and the Chicago X were almost
Sold out after the release date, only 2pairs
In small sizes were left. It was surprising
Because noone of us had expected such
Anticipation except for the concords.
and we are not in the usa but in a small
Town in germany.
Though it must be said that the majority
Of the customers who bought a pair
Of these were americans.
im glad to have one pair too,
And yes they have the X hangtag.
Must say jb did some nice retro
This time. Despite if some changes
Of the coloring.

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Good idea! Are force fields and sneaker shields sold online only?!? Anyone know of any stores in SoCal that carry them?

they sell them at footlocker, champs, footaction and finishline. there around $18 dollars.
��

Wearable shoe trees > Forcefield

Lesson learned, see this is why we have NT people. Throwing the force fields away & coppin these
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

This.
Especially for X's since the toe box is cut so low with the tongue and bridge of the shoe to the upper, as opposed to say III's.

Just remember, the sneaker shields will feel better sometimes if you take the insole out, insert the sneaker shields, then replace the insole.  

At least I have found this to be true for most of my kicks I use them in.

Yeah, you just have to adjust them.  I usually lift the insole just enough, and these slide right in. 
For those of you who got those pairs that came pre-creased, the sneaker shields will make them disappear.  It will smooth out the toe box. 

EDIT:   Just keep in mind, the "PROTECTOR" is hard plastic, it will fit in certain shoes, in my experience, it fits well with 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's, 12's, and 13's. 

The flexible version which is the "UNIVERSAL" fits well with most all shoes, because of the flexibility.  

Originally Posted by bigkel23

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by manny1

they sell them at footlocker, champs, footaction and finishline. there around $18 dollars.
��

Wearable shoe trees > Forcefield

Lesson learned, see this is why we have NT people. Throwing the force fields away & coppin these
pimp.gif

Yup yup, trying to bring some positive in here despite all the petty bickering about shipping and reselling, but that's broken record that always playing in every thread it seems. 

NT, we ride together, we die together

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by rojanjon

This.
Especially for X's since the toe box is cut so low with the tongue and bridge of the shoe to the upper, as opposed to say III's.

Just remember, the sneaker shields will feel better sometimes if you take the insole out, insert the sneaker shields, then replace the insole.  

At least I have found this to be true for most of my kicks I use them in.

Yeah, you just have to adjust them.  I usually lift the insole just enough, and these slide right in. 
For those of you who got those pairs that came pre-creased, the sneaker shields will make them disappear.  It will smooth out the toe box. 

EDIT:   Just keep in mind, the "PROTECTOR" is hard plastic, it will fit in certain shoes, in my experience, it fits well with 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's, 12's, and 13's. 

The flexible version which is the "UNIVERSAL" fits well with most all shoes, because of the flexibility.  

I use the universal sneaker shield in most of mine.  My only complaint is sometimes they hurt like hell.  i take the insole out and everything but after a few hours theres just not enough room for my feet and these sheilds.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy

yea im quite surprised at everyone having problem with their NDC order,didnt expect this. And i was hating on eastbay for all the trouble they were having that night but now i feel i wouldve been better off ordering from them
eyes.gif

Eastbay was an even bigger headache to deal with.  Site was down for hours.  I would avoid them for big releases such as this one personally or only have them be your backup to the backup plan lol.  Their checkout timer is buggy at best and lately they've crashed for pretty much every major release.  The free shipping that comes with the gold club membership and no tax is the only reason I even bother dealing with them anymore since I don't even get the emails when they have restocks.  Now that they've come out with these different membership levels it's only a matter of time before they offer a Titanium membership for like $60 a year. 

i got on NDC right at release and checked out with two pairs no problem.  then jumped over to eastbay added an 11 and checked right out as well. not sure why i there were no problems.  tried calling on the phone as well and it was busy for ever.  it seems like online it is either hit or miss.

oldshoe34 wrote:
sickickz23 wrote:
kingkong8624 wrote:
Same. Need to find the laces first.
laugh.gif
 oh man now we got cats that refuse to wear a pair if the laces aren't suitable.....

I got the laces at champs I did google the number from the tag but I couldn't find them. I did see some on Amazon but they we not the ones from Nike with the silver tips and the jumpman on them, I thought this pic was pretty cool they are on fire!!
e1c36ba420b0164f6b8a9c0fdbf6a14464a805e7.JPG

I stopped doing the switch lace thing for my J's awhile back, but I must admit this is real clean fam.
pimp.gif
  I just might have to copy this!  Lol!

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by jballerNY

Originally Posted by cloudypokerchips

Oh yea.... Ebay charges 9% plus paypal plus shipping easy 40 bucks    
That's why you sell on Craigslist or NT. Simple and easy.
or you do what I do and just use eBay as a front; list your items high enough with "best offers" then come to a deal with Paypal only avoiding all eBay fees 

i list mine on ebay and then try to convince the buyer to just do paypal.  sometimes they will even gift it so there are no fees.  just sold one pair for $240 paypal only.  i try and resell enough to pay for each release.  i dont get rich off of it i just get free shoes. 

yeah i got an order number but it still hasnt confirmed yet, is everyone else having the same problem still?

JB should have also came out with a special #45 jersey with this release, i would have bought that no questions

25d160658796435426e2de019c363483959a35b3_r.jpg

Ok this is for the people that think people putting J's on layaway means they shouldn't be buying them. Can you tell if I paid for these by putting them on layaway or not?! Lol!  I believe you get the point! Lol!
roll.gif

Now on to the shoes, this was a really well done retro, takes me back to when I was a sophomore in high school and Jordan schooled the Knicks and dropped 55 on them in this colorway.  Shoes are real clean and the tumbled leather is real nice.
pimp.gif
  People who slept on these will regret it big time.  Anyhow hope everyone else can copp who wanted them.

Originally Posted by JORDAN2233

yeah i got an order number but it still hasnt confirmed yet, is everyone else having the same problem still?
I haven't received an email yet, but I called them yesterday and they said I should receive an email when the shoes ship today... Lets see what happens.

ok. just got my shipping confirmation from Eastbay. Used the free shipping promo code and they should arrive on Thursday (1/26). Just waiting to hear about my NDC order now...

Originally Posted by matothett

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by jballerNY

That's why you sell on Craigslist or NT. Simple and easy.
or you do what I do and just use eBay as a front; list your items high enough with "best offers" then come to a deal with Paypal only avoiding all eBay fees 

i list mine on ebay and then try to convince the buyer to just do paypal.  sometimes they will even gift it so there are no fees.  just sold one pair for $240 paypal only.  i try and resell enough to pay for each release.  i dont get rich off of it i just get free shoes. 

Hell yeah. I've been doing that lately. eBay is OD now with fees. Then double dipping with PayPal. Plus the Buyer Protection %!@+ is bs...

Originally Posted by matothett

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by HeavyChevy

yea im quite surprised at everyone having problem with their NDC order,didnt expect this. And i was hating on eastbay for all the trouble they were having that night but now i feel i wouldve been better off ordering from them
eyes.gif

Eastbay was an even bigger headache to deal with.  Site was down for hours.  I would avoid them for big releases such as this one personally or only have them be your backup to the backup plan lol.  Their checkout timer is buggy at best and lately they've crashed for pretty much every major release.  The free shipping that comes with the gold club membership and no tax is the only reason I even bother dealing with them anymore since I don't even get the emails when they have restocks.  Now that they've come out with these different membership levels it's only a matter of time before they offer a Titanium membership for like $60 a year. 

i got on NDC right at release and checked out with two pairs no problem.  then jumped over to eastbay added an 11 and checked right out as well. not sure why i there were no problems.  tried calling on the phone as well and it was busy for ever.  it seems like online it is either hit or miss.

Definitely seems to be a luck thing as I was able to add them to my cart right as midnight hit, got halfway through checkout and then the problems began.  Somehow I was able to checkout with the size 13 they had left at 4:30ish.

Wasn't going to chance trying to trade these for my size 11.5 though so I put in work the morning of release date.  This is probably one of the few shoes that I went through that much trouble for.  I think the only other ones I'll be willing to jump through hoops for are the Cement IV's and the Bred IV's (if the rumors are true and they drop this year).

Definitely going to pull the trigger on those sneaker shields too, been eyeing them for a while.  I usually don't have much problems with creasing, but I'll give them a shot on these.  My Metallic, Fire Red, and Green/3M V's are the only J's I have that I seem to get noticeable creasing on.

went to the mall during lunch today to buy my daughters and ended up buying my two sons a pair each also. still had full run size in youths to infants at FTL. also had a 10.5 and 11 in stock when i was there but as i was leaving this one guy was asking for the size 10.5

so I placed my order from FNL at about 10 minutes past midnight.

It's still in "pending" status in Paypal

Does anyone with experience with this know the likelihood of me getting my order placed?

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

so I placed my order from FNL at about 10 minutes past midnight.

It's still in "pending" status in Paypal

Does anyone with experience with this know the likelihood of me getting my order placed?

if u didnt receive an confirmation email it will be canceled..it happened to me with the concords

Back
Top Bottom