Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

@@@@@   this is my master plan, buy the shoes at 250-270 who cares if you pay a little extra so you pretty much have your shoe spoken for!!!

on release date try to buy a couple extra pairs at regular price and resell to make up for the extra money you paid, if you dont end up buying the shoe on release date, at least you have your pair coming in the mail. ANd if you do buy a extra pair or two you and resell and make back some of your money!!!

Originally Posted by loubrock

there's gonna be a lot of salty cats come the 24th
Info on this tee?

First nice one I've seen for release out of all those tee posted in here 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

119810_o.gif

ISSSSSSSH JUST GOT REAL....

MY SURE CONNECT JUST TOLD ME HE CAN'T GET ME ANYTHING....FOR ANYONE ELSE.

mad.gif

THIS RELEASE IS NO JOKE..

about 500+ ppl this morning at Nike Santa Monica for wristbands. They ended up doing a raffle for the bands because of the overwhelming crowd. SMDH

Originally Posted by waverder

Just got an email that 1 order for a pair of Sz 8 Concords just got refused from urbanindustry.

My order before that was paid for and good to go. Looks like I'll have a friend that will miss out on his Sz 8.

Beware NTers.. UI appears to be emailing out refund notices.

man i hope they dont hit me what email! i have 2 sz 10 on lock through them but i may need a  10.5.

Why are we even talking about re-sell? That's the problem with NT now.

You guys can go camp out for days to make $50 and think you're doing it?

This 160 dude always chimes in right before RD to try and hype the shoe up to help his margins...which we all are slim because you OVERPAY, PAY RETAIL, or have to pay someone to DRIVE YOU to get the shoes.

$180 after tax puts you at $200 for most folks. You list on ebay...sell for $300, just like that you're down to $270...not including shipping. After paypal takes their cut you're at about $260. If you have 10+ pairs then it's a good move but for you nickel and dimer who consider "stock" 2 pairs, it's a waste of time.

Try your luck on craigslist this season for those who will use that argument and I'll wait for the General "SOLD CONCORDS ON CL, GOT ROBBED, HELP!" threads.

Originally Posted by GZA73

about 500+ ppl this morning at Nike Santa Monica for wristbands. They ended up doing a raffle for the bands because of the overwhelming crowd. SMDH

Yeah G I had a buddy there lastnight and there was already talk of a raffle so he booked. Sucks

@bigsupa - Did your connect work at Footlocker? There was a district conference call here yesterday stating how serious they are about this release and won't tolerate managers holding stock, unless you no longer want to be employed!

Originally Posted by NickFury

477220910.jpg
already a line at gulfgate in houston smh

U should've looked on da other side....there's people on both sides of da door.....I went by there last night! Some of those cats been there since Monday!! Well imma try Almeda, Baybrook or Northline!

Originally Posted by butterKnots05

Originally Posted by NickFury

477220910.jpg
already a line at gulfgate in houston smh

U should've looked on da other side....there's people on both sides of da door.....I went by there last night! Some of those cats been there since Monday!! Well imma try Almeda, Baybrook or Northline!

I think I'm going to Deerbrook, but I really think that is a bad idea though

Originally Posted by bigsupa

119810_o.gif

ISSSSSSSH JUST GOT REAL....

MY SURE CONNECT JUST TOLD ME HE CAN'T GET ME ANYTHING....FOR ANYONE ELSE.

mad.gif

THIS RELEASE IS NO JOKE..

im sorry but this is what people get for relying on their "connects" that they flaunt having. how about doing the work for yourself then you wont S.O.L. a day before release...

Originally Posted by trae22can

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

http://www.shopmyoslife.com/ 244.95 plus shipping

much props! looks like i got the last 11, was there a coupon for this site?
yea free shipping i didnt order here waiting for retail but find the coupon email them and see will the grant u it

only one i found is the 23SHIPSFREE code but it doesnt seem to work anymore

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

this shoe is going to be a huge resell

look at all the non nike account sites state side like PYS citysole 
flight club cant keep them in stock at $375.00

the price will drop come next week but it will go back up and even a nickel and dime re seller will still get back no less then $240.00 pre pair

that's not bad if you going to get 10 or more pairs

i would start at $300.00 and take no less then $240.00 and thats being nice

only people crying about reseller are the people with no way of getting a pair at retail unless they camp or dont have the cash to buy a pair in the first place

not trying to hate on people who cant get a pair at retail (i did not on the Concords and in the past 2 years i got space jams & cool greys at retail 2 pairs each)

but if you want them at box price i would start to camp at any of your local spots across the country no later then tonight

i think this has been one of the biggest general releases in the past 23 years of me buying nike/jordans and being a serious collector for the past 10 years

by the way i have no extra pairs to sell
just my 2 cents on my guess on how release will go and most time i'm correct

I was a non believer on these shoes having huge resale value... until today
these are indeed gonna resale around the $300 range, and the lowest you will find them is for $275-280 IMO...

with the retail price at $180, only people with disposable income can purchase multiple pairs, and they are the ones who are not going to be desperate to sell them which will keep the resale value high.  resellers on this release will be able to set the market price.  all it takes is one ebayer to start the bid at $300 and everyone will follow... simple economics 
frown.gif
Remember though. Seller's never set the value of an item, the consumer is who dictates value. If one person starts his bid at $300 and all the others follow but nobody buys them, are they really valued at $300? They're not worth $300 when vintage ds pairs of 00's and 95's are selling for $300-$400.

dude i'm not talking about bids 
i'm talking about sellers on here and craigslist 

the prices i'm talking about apply to online stores and mom and pop in nyc 

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Does anyone have any tips for trying to buy off of Eastbay? I've never ordered from them before but I'm going to try because I was unable to get my size from my local stores. I know the chances of me actually getting a pair are very low but I'm going to try anyways so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does it make any difference that I would be ordering from Canada with a Canadian credit card?

I asked earlier what time would be best to call them thursday night. Some dude said he called at 11:58  when the CG's released and they told him it was to early. He called right back, and couldn't get in touch with a representative. My guess it's a hit or miss with eastbay. You have to call at like the perfect second. I wish i can help you more, as i too plan on getting mine from eastbay. Not my only option but preferred none the less.

Man I'd call and ask about different shoes etc., anything not related to Concords. Then at 12 say I want to place an order for some Concords. I've used this with ticketmaster, called 15 minutes ahead of time and scored every time

Originally Posted by eternalist34

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

@kingkong. Im bouta camp in southland mall.

30t6p3b.gif
this. last time i was there, there was a shooting the next day. someone will not make it out there safely come RD

I remember that.  Damn shame.

I got a ton of info on Southland if anyone's interested...

A great thing about releases like this (and there have been very few of them), is you get to see people's true colors exposed.  
Sneaker game.  NT fam.  That means nothing to 95% of the people that buy these shoes and post on this site nowadays.  

Good time to step-out.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

much props! looks like i got the last 11, was there a coupon for this site?
yea free shipping i didnt order here waiting for retail but find the coupon email them and see will the grant u it

whenever a link is posted for concords.............
Kenya6343-1024x576.jpg

no doubt!  I guess if you're still on the hunt, then the hungrier you're going to be.  good luck and be safe out there.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Why are we even talking about re-sell? That's the problem with NT now.

You guys can go camp out for days to make $50 and think you're doing it?

This 160 dude always chimes in right before RD to try and hype the shoe up to help his margins...which we all are slim because you OVERPAY, PAY RETAIL, or have to pay someone to DRIVE YOU to get the shoes.

$180 after tax puts you at $200 for most folks. You list on ebay...sell for $300, just like that you're down to $270...not including shipping. After paypal takes their cut you're at about $260. If you have 10+ pairs then it's a good move but for you nickel and dimer who consider "stock" 2 pairs, it's a waste of time.

Try your luck on craigslist this season for those who will use that argument and I'll wait for the General "SOLD CONCORDS ON CL, GOT ROBBED, HELP!" threads.

no margins home boy 
i told you i dont have pairs for sale

when i flip shoes now i get pairs for a store with no account that gives me the cash upfront 

"Why are we even talking about re-sell? That's the problem with NT now"

its always been that way on niketalk for as long as i can remember 

i dont flip new releases anymore or believe me i would have been getting the word out

i only sell what i own now

plus I have never sold nothing on ebay in the past so i dont your ebay angle buddy 

but I have been in this so called "game" for a minute 

so I wanted to say what i have been seeing online and in nyc stores 

Back
Top Bottom