Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I found it crazy how many girls were in line to get them for presents. Some dudes are going to have an extra Merry Christmas when they open their gift up. And yea I'm jelly...

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Where are all the stories? The last 100 pages has been mostly about waiting on an overseas site to ship, a pending paypal transaction, or order cancellations.

Where are the dudes that actually lined up and waited and were rewarded or went away salty? I saw the line pics; most of those dudes have not posted their stories.

I'm a bit dissapoint.
Heres a story I find out out of 4 stores selling only FootLocker has size 14 and they only have 2 pairs
sick.gif
I go to the mall at 7:47 security guards and employees say they aren't opening the mall till 6am stores open at 7am I decide to camp all night all night i cant sleep cause people keep trying to camp early and I have to run to the entrance security keeps kicking us off so we run from security and stay in the parking lot anyway they call the police we run from the police and stay anyway police leave on a call we break into the mall and line up at the stores security starts kicking people out I hide my 6 foot 5 @$+ under a small 6 foot table with leather tablecloths cramped till the coast is clear hear what sounds like people getting arrested say F it security sayd we can line up at 4:30 doors open at 5 im like see this is why I don't trust security
mad.gif
line up at 3:30am trick people into letting me at the front of the line they open the sliding doors 2 girls at the front get knocked down and trampled 1 gets up 1 guy gets smashed into glass we bend break both sliding doors I through the crowd off me run to FootLocker I'm like 50th in line cause security opens some doors before others
mad.gif

I wait get a ticket for the last 14 get my pair then rush home to get 30 mins of sleep before having to work 10 hours with no break the following day!
so yeah I had to fight and only got 30 mins of sleep in 2 days but F it I GOT MY PAIR!
grin.gif

This is basically what happened to me, only thing, I didn't get shoes. Beachwood Mall, suburb in Cleveland, security comes and says well, we only letting people in this door. So we standing there looking into the mall, and ill be damned if we didn't see people walking through the mall with Finishline bags. And they still wouldn't let us in the mall. I figure those were mall employees that got into the mall and bought their shoes, then left only like 15-20 pairs for 100 other people. I've NEVER been so angry over something i shouldn't o
f been like I was about this. Get in the mall and their is already about 60 people lined up outside of FNL.

To top it off we're standing in line, and it was like 5 dudes who already had their J's, rocking the J's with slim, tight, tapered Levi's on, in my opinion rocking them completely wrong, they come stand to like the side of the line and start laughing like damn yall really want these don't yall, and laughing. So then they see one of their friends in the back of the line, and start laughing and saying let's go flex on this %#%$#. They do that, then one of them try to cut the line in front to sneak in the mall in front of everybody. I get up to the door where he at, I work at GM, real dirty and oily in there, I have on my work wheats, I stomped all on dude J's with both feet
laugh.gif

You mad cuz they put their work in and got em early. I'm from Cleveland too, and started to do the same thing and rock my early too but figured someone would try to pull some foul *@%. Cleveland a sneaker town but all releases are easily obtainable if you put some work in. I understand you was busy working 3rd shift in the trenches for GM, but your actions are the reason ppl get shot.But next time don't be mad, do your homework. Felt great Thursday night chilling watching tv knowing ppl was at the Villa and downtown foot locker standing in lines for hours having a nervous breakdown wondering if they got their sizes. Got my girl a pair too, and we both were glad we didn't have to deal with this madness. Copped ours Wednesday at mom and pop shop.

Ofcourse Nikestore Twitter is saying there are no restocks. They aren't going to let people know when they put up more next week.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

bilde

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20111223/NEWS11/111223021/Air-Jordan-shoes-cause-riots-around-nation

Dude wasnt even born when first concords and wont remember the last concord release. Crazy how hypebeast have grown

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born or while we we're still in diapers.
Ya'll just bitter for no #$@%*++ reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

Jordan I's came out the year I was born, but I guess I'm a hypebeast for having a few pairs.
Jordan II's came out when I was 1 years old, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?
Jordan III's came out when I was 2 years olf, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?

In you all's eyes, I shouldn't have bought a pair of Jordans until the XIX's when I was 18 years old.

Hell, I was 10 in 1996 when the XI's originally came out, but being that it may... I shouldn't have these either huh?
Get off ya'll high horses.

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
THIS.
I never understood that argument.
I understand it perfectly. 
My daughter asked for these. 

I asked her why and she could not tell me why she wanted them. 

I asked her what she knew about Jordan and she had no clue. 

I asked if she knew what sport he played she guessed football. 

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I had to admit she was hype-beast. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 

Like someone mentioned earlier they aren't going to just come out and say when the restocks will be you just have to be their at the right time. They are always going to say their is no plans for restock at the moment or no there will be no restock. We just have to be patient.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Concerning restocks, precedent says NDC wont restock. Stores used to get stock from the EU but now we are consuming their goods as well. The last time I saw this done was for the Aqua 8's. I know FNL is notorious to cancel your order just to restock your size later. Not really sure what the circumstances are.

yup. nikestores twitter says no restocks on concords.
Just like they said if you got an order confirmation # you were good 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

THIS.

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 

Thats a pretty deep lesson in buying for first time buying Jordans.  Education of Jordan before a purchase. Thumbs up for that. I respect what everyone is saying, and even disagreeing with me, but thats my opinion and it clearly shows people buying Jordans and shoes just BECAUSE. Sites never crashed before even for 11s, and thousands lining up causing mayhem and unnecessary use of law enforcement for a shoe. Had to work for it, but i got my double digit pairs, not jealous. i got mine

The salt in this thread is
sick.gif
. I know people are mad that they didnt get a pair, but if you really wanted them you would have camped for them.
People are mad at the resellers, but im sure most of them actually camped long hours for these shoes. Hell i know i did ,I camped for 15 hours and got 4 pairs.
Seems like 85% of NTers in this thread relied heavily on purchasing these online at midnight, and are now salty that they couldnt get a single pair.
This release should be a wake up call for everybody the game isnt how it used to be.

My Paypal still says pending on my finishline order. I didnt get a confirmation email, and I know there twitter said if you didnt get one then your not getting the shoes. But its my last chance besides restocks and I still have hope the payment goes through.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born or while we we're still in diapers.
Ya'll just bitter for no #$@%*++ reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

Jordan I's came out the year I was born, but I guess I'm a hypebeast for having a few pairs.
Jordan II's came out when I was 1 years old, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?
Jordan III's came out when I was 2 years olf, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?

In you all's eyes, I shouldn't have bought a pair of Jordans until the XIX's when I was 18 years old.

Hell, I was 10 in 1996 when the XI's originally came out, but being that it may... I shouldn't have these either huh?
Get off ya'll high horses.

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
THIS.

^no hate but this has to be the funniest thing I heard all year on here. So, basically your telling her not to be a hypebeast. That's what little kids are. If Timmy wants it so does Tommy lol....... I mean if you buy her a PC with Windows on it are you going to ask her to write a report on Bill Gates. When she goes on facebook maybe an essay on Mark Zuckerberg. Using a Ipod well that's 5000 word biography on Steve Jobs. Let kids be kids..... who knows why they like what they like. They'll figure it out when they're older. Kids care about popularity and being accepted. Once they go out to college and get in the real world they figure out that none of it really matters. Not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But, it's inevitable.... no matter what you say to a little kid they can't fathom why what one kid has makes them want the same thing. It's like Guess jeans in high school or Girbaud jeans...... who knows why all the kids wanted them..... I mean relatively speaking does it really justify why you want Jordans cause Jordan wore it or cause some rapper wore it. Actually it's really the same as your kid wanting to get what the popular kids want. Maybe to her those popular kids are her Michael Jordan lol......We want them cause Mike wore them and some kids probably want them cause some really good ballplayer kid at the gym was wearing them lol..... 

Originally Posted by Tipsy

sick.gif
. I know people are mad that they didnt get a pair, but if you really wanted them you would have camped for them.
People are mad at the resellers, but im sure most of them actually camped long hours for these shoes. Hell i know i did ,I camped for 15 hours and got 4 pairs.
Seems like 85% of NTers in this thread relied heavily on purchasing these online at midnight, and are now salty that they couldnt get a single pair.
This release should be a wake up call for everybody the game isnt how it used to be.
You waited 15 hours (outside I assume) to spend more than 700 dollars on some shoes... does that not seem a little bit ridiculous to you?  From what I can tell most of the dudes in this thread have jobs and/or kids and probably don't have 15 hours to sit out waiting for a riot and getting chased around the mall by security/cops.  What most people in this thread are saying is that this is insane that people need to go through all of this to get a pair of shoes.  Not to mention that apparently going to a mall for a release is now a dangerous endeavor.

And so you know, I already got my pair(s), so there's no salt here.

TL;DR This camping @++ is getting ridiculous.

@thenewjs23 don't worry your daughter not the only hypebeast there was a couple girls coming when the store open they probably never would've have got them if so many people wasnt talking about them the only Jordan's they get is DI cause their size don't sell out quick

I just saw Boys II Men perform at the VH1 Divas Celebrate Soul and saw Shawn from the group rocking the 2011 Concords.

Guess history DOES repeat itself!

And I don't think these will restock, which is going to keep prices above $350 for a while. If you missed the boat, better start looking for the older retros. Hopefully the 2011 release won't drive prices up on the older retros as well.

Do you guys see the reseller prices for these on EBAY? Theyre going for $450+ and I even saw one pair go for $1,000 SMH. When did Retros become worth more than OGs and why would you pay that price when you can get the DMP XIs or at least the 01s.

Originally Posted by shindo03

THIS.

^no hate but this has to be the funniest thing I heard all year on here. So, basically your telling her not to be a hypebeast. That's what little kids are. If Timmy wants it so does Tommy lol....... I mean if you buy her a PC with Windows on it are you going to ask her to write a report on Bill Gates. When she goes on facebook maybe an essay on Mark Zuckerberg. Using a Ipod well that's 5000 word biography on Steve Jobs. Let kids be kids..... who knows why they like what they like. They'll figure it out when they're older. Kids care about popularity and being accepted. Once they go out to college and get in the real world they figure out that none of it really matters. Not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But, it's inevitable.... no matter what you say to a little kid they can't fathom why what one kid has makes them want the same thing. It's like Guess jeans in high school or Girbaud jeans...... who knows why all the kids wanted them..... I mean relatively speaking does it really justify why you want Jordans cause Jordan wore it or cause some rapper wore it. Actually it's really the same as your kid wanting to get what the popular kids want. Maybe to her those popular kids are her Michael Jordan lol......We want them cause Mike wore them and some kids probably want them cause some really good ballplayer kid at the gym was wearing them lol..... 
Yeah. 
By thenewjs23's example and definition of a hypebeast, everyone is basically a hypebeast. Why does anyone wear Jordans in the first place?

That is why I don't undersand that logic.

Originally Posted by shindo03

THIS.

No let you kids be kids. My child will not ask me to jump through hoops to buy her kicks cause she want them cause thats what they will be wearing when school starts. Hell school starts and they on something new. She aint gone sucker a grown man into the trends of kids. 

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Originally Posted by Tipsy

sick.gif
You waited 15 hours (outside I assume) to spend more than 700 dollars on some shoes... does that not seem a little bit ridiculous to you?  From what I can tell most of the dudes in this thread have jobs and/or kids and probably don't have 15 hours to sit out waiting for a riot and getting chased around the mall by security/cops.  What most people in this thread are saying is that this is insane that people need to go through all of this to get a pair of shoes.  Not to mention that apparently going to a mall for a release is now a dangerous endeavor.

And so you know, I already got my pair(s), so there's no salt here.

TL;DR This camping @++ is getting ridiculous.
As long as all 4 of those pairs sell for over $400 it seems like a come up to me. Im a college student on winter break with nothing better to do. I do have to admit that I will never camp for 12+ hours again. I was lucky that I didnt get robbed, because there was definitely some plotting going on in the parking lot.  The sad truth is that people will have to get used to this type of mayhem from now on for every december 23rd release as long as it is an XI
. So like i said before, if you want a pair you will have to put in the work. 

Back
Top Bottom