Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Just got my Milk Order from yesterday cancelled :/

Damn....did they email you? I took the risk and ordered from them too. I've been checking back on this thread for other sites pre-ordering just in case this happened. Guess I gotta be more on top of it now

Originally Posted by matothett

Originally Posted by airedweezy

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I did the conversion for urban industry and I think they are pretty close to retail+tax when u include shipping... I know mine came out to like 185.00 USD (plus 7 I know my card charges for international purchases)... but isn't this shoe like 180 before tax so either way I'm winning... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don't quote me again jerk lol jk man you are winning crossing fingers man I can get a price like that. Dropping 200 isn't want a want to do but that's my last resort sns and line up if that fails on to the next one. Resellers will never get my money

retail is $175 with tax and shipping you will pay $200 in the states and deal with all the hassle anyway.  if you have free shipping and dont pay tax isnt $25 worth not waiting in line for hours? 

It seems some people aren't familiar with the concept of opportunity cost....what is your time worth and what could you be doing with it instead of something else...
If you make $40 an hour at work, what is $25 to make sure you don't have to waste your time in the cold waiting or staying up hovering on the sites at midnight...
Not everyone on NT/ISS are students and most have careers...in AZ with tax it was going to be around $195-205 and I paid $198 to get it from the U.K. 

Personally, I would have paid even more to sleep in and not worry, and drink my coffee watching pics uploaded of the chaos from those younger and more couragous...
I may not have my shoes in hand on the 23rd, but knowing they are legit, coming double boxed and paid less than retail is worth $$ to me...

Just because something has an MSRP of $180 means nothing...value is the amount one is willing to pay....for some that is $200 and for others $300 because of whatever reason...

When BMW releases a limited edition car for an MSRP and people pay over that, no one complains...value is the worth to the purchaser....

To those griping about people sharing the sites, you really need to step off, SOPA hasn't passed so don't censor what is posted on the internet...not everyone has a 3000+ post count
of "me too" "hot fire" "one to rock and one to stock".....most NT'ers ARE lurkers and might only post when they have some relevance to add to the conversation....

-sorry...I'll get off my soap box now.....

I am sure that there are a at least a couple more U.K./Euro sites yet to post pre-orders....Good luck to all! 

Milk didnt show any changes in their size availability after how long time had passed.

And with all the lurkers here (you guys suck by the way and here is a big F-U from me, sign on and retaliate if you want so you come out of your hiding place), I'm sure folks kept on copping without Milk updating the site so who knows how many they actually had and how many cancellations they will send out.

There seems to be a good amount of availability, but each person seems to want AT LEAST 2-3.

Turns out my order went through on HS! $191 Shipped, ill take that and one more on RD and im golden. Hope everything runs smooth over there and no cancels.

Litflynt wrote:
matothett wrote:
airedweezy wrote:

Resellers will never get my money
 isnt $25 worth not waiting in line for hours? 

It seems some people aren't familiar with the concept of opportunity cost....what is your time worth and what could you be doing with it instead of something else...
If you make $40 an hour at work, what is $25 to make sure you don't have to waste your time in the cold waiting or staying up hovering on the sites at midnight...
Not everyone on NT/ISS are students and most have careers...in AZ with tax it was going to be around $195-205 and I paid $198 to get it from the U.K. 

Personally, I would have paid even more to sleep in and not worry, and drink my coffee watching pics uploaded of the chaos from those younger and more couragous...
I may not have my shoes in hand on the 23rd, but knowing they are legit, coming double boxed and paid less than retail is worth $$ to me...

Just because something has an MSRP of $180 means nothing...value is the amount one is willing to pay....for some that is $200 and for others $300 because of whatever reason...

When BMW releases a limited edition car for an MSRP and people pay over that, no one complains...value is the worth to the purchaser....

To those griping about people sharing the sites, you really need to step off, SOPA hasn't passed so don't censor what is posted on the internet...not everyone has a 3000+ post count
of "me too" "hot fire" "one to rock and one to stock".....most NT'ers ARE lurkers and might only post when they have some relevance to add to the conversation....

I am sure that there are a at least a couple more U.K./Euro sites yet to post pre-orders....Good luck to all! 

Quoted and accurate.

^^I'm 29 and my first pair were the concords on release day....these are extemely sentimental to me...because my grandad who is my hero got them for me...

yes Og quality is better...but so was my sony trinitron built in Japan in 1988 and my original BMW M3 built in 1990....we live in a world where things HAVE to be made faster, cheaper and that
leads to a loss in quality....

that doesn't negate the fact of what they hold to the buyer.....

Originally Posted by Litflynt

Don't quote me again jerk lol jk man you are winning crossing fingers man I can get a price like that. Dropping 200 isn't want a want to do but that's my last resort sns and line up if that fails on to the next one. Resellers will never get my money

retail is $175 with tax and shipping you will pay $200 in the states and deal with all the hassle anyway.  if you have free shipping and dont pay tax isnt $25 worth not waiting in line for hours? 

I graduated from college a year ago and was fortunate enuff 2 find a career in this economy...knowing both sides of it I agree w/ u 100% I paid $230 for my pair, but I got them early, no lines, no hassle...being that I have the money now this is gonna b my move 4 all hyped up releases like this one

This man speaks the truth. $25 or whatever is worth more than going crazy trying to get it for retail. I have a gift card that I have been holding for Eastbay and I am hoping I can grab a pair there. But if not there is no way I am going out in the morning all over the place wasting time, gas, etc trying to get lucky on a pair. I ordered 2 pairs online today from  different sites hoping that at least one comes through. As long as I have 1 pair I am good, if I get 2 than thats great too. If I can get my pair off Eastbay, then I will probably sell the overseas ones, but not for crazy markups, just fair value

This thread is moving fast.
I'm at work and i have to keep re-freshing every 5 minutes just to keep up. Talk about a drop in work productivity
laugh.gif

I really wasn't trying to start anything...and sorry if it seems that way....I just get fed up sometimes and forget where I am at...places like NT are like being a food court in a mall...you can try to have a conversation but there will be those around you who want to have input, cut the line, etc...and you can either respond or walk away....

if your in school, you might not understand what it means to work 40-50 hours a week....I paid more for Jordans (I didn't but am making a point) because I have better things to do than wait in line...
I pay someone to cut my grass because I don't have time or am doing something I put more value in...
I don't wash my car because the 15 min it takes is an email I can fire off being more efficent at work....

I grew up dirt poor and now that I am successful, it is crazy to hear the other side of the fence sometimes.... but your right, perspective is a two way street....

Originally Posted by sthebest

WOW..I wake up and you guys managed to clear out the British sites ALREADY?? 
eek.gif
eek.gif

This release on the 23rd is going to be pandemonium (not for me though). It's going to be a lot of disappointed people on that day. And because of how fast theyre selling from overseas, I wouldn't count on restocks. This has to be the biggest Air Jordan release in the past 5 years...this even beats the original DMP pack. If I remember correctly, most people just wanted that pack anyway for the XIs and few even liked the VIs at first

Only people that are going to be disappointed are the people who are lazy and didnt set a game plan, there the ones that are gonna show up 30 mins before the store opens and expect to get a pair.

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

Milk didnt show any changes in their size availability after how long time had passed.

And with all the lurkers here (you guys suck by the way and here is a big F-U from me, sign on and retaliate if you want so you come out of your hiding place), I'm sure folks kept on copping without Milk updating the site so who knows how many they actually had and how many cancellations they will send out.

There seems to be a good amount of availability, but each person seems to want AT LEAST 2-3.
I'm here, taking care of my 2 small kids (2 yrs old & 6 mos. old). Sorry I can't spend all my time posting on here with you, but thanks to NT I was able to cop my ONE pair because there is no way in hell I would be able to camp out for some shoes. Sorry for "suckin".

i never understand how people with wait in a two hour line for a free sandwich.  Its the same things with these sneakers.  cop em early for a little more and you are winning.  even if you pay $50 more isnt that worth not sitting outside in line all night to maybe get a pair.  i never really post or chime in but some of these kids just dont make any sense

^^I'm 29 and my first pair were the concords on release day....these are extemely sentimental to me...because my grandad who is my hero got them for me...

yes Og quality is better...but so was my sony trinitron built in Japan in 1988 and my original BMW M3 built in 1990....we live in a world where things HAVE to be made faster, cheaper and that

Loss in quality for most stuff in general?  I disagree with what you're inferring in general; loss in quality in Nike shoes, yeah, but in many other products, consumer quality is pretty much at the forefront of many businesses' operating models, especially in the electronics industry, as poor quality can quickly lead to lower sales and may even shut down a young company.  In this media age everyone has an opinion, and news of poor quality can quickly kill company sales.  Quality is extremely important to most companies, unless you have a competitive advantage like Nike does with our sentimentality for retro sneakers.

For anyone that has a pair already, have u guys noticed that the patent leather seems weaker or not as paded wen u press down on it? Seems not as thick 2 me

Lift-I'm a full time student work 40 hrs as well I have the money to cop also but idk lately I've haven't felt how I used to when a new Jordan's release came up or surfaced. I started buying shoes at 18 never had a pair never had the money never wanted to ask my folk for a pair either. But I can't justify myself paying so much for a recent release I've paid over retail for older stuff. But my apologize as well didn't wanna sound like a jerk that's why I edit my post fam.

that doesn't negate the fact of what they hold to the buyer.....
QFT. Reason why I can't sell my CDP XI's either... 

Originally Posted by shoeking2345

For anyone that has a pair already, have u guys noticed that the patent leather seems weaker or not as paded wen u press down on it? Seems not as thick 2 me

Where did you pick up your pair? Online or at a shop?

I really wasn't trying to start anything...and sorry if it seems that way....I just get fed up sometimes and forget where I am at...places like NT are like being a food court in a mall...you can try to have a conversation but there will be those around you who want to have input, cut the line, etc...and you can either respond or walk away....

if your in school, you might not understand what it means to work 40-50 hours a week....I paid more for Jordans (I didn't but am making a point) because I have better things to do than wait in line...
I pay someone to cut my grass because I don't have time or am doing something I put more value in...
I don't wash my car because the 15 min it takes is an email I can fire off being more efficent at work....

I grew up dirt poor and now that I am successful, it is crazy to hear the other side of the fence sometimes.... but your right, perspective is a two way street....

Im a success!! (Tony Montana voice) 
I agree with you 100%.

Originally Posted by BrMason

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

I'm here, taking care of my 2 small kids (2 yrs old & 6 mos. old). Sorry I can't spend all my time posting on here with you, but thanks to NT I was able to cop my ONE pair because there is no way in hell I would be able to camp out for some shoes. Sorry for "suckin".

Same here. With little kids and work. There is no way to camp. Online or bust!

Back
Top Bottom