Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

On another note, stopped by the local mall that has 5 retail locations dropping the concords. SneakerPalace guy offered me a no-hassle guaranteed pair on RD for $225 and gave me his #. Talked to the Footlocker guy for a bit as well, managed to store order another pair of BCIIIs from a different state. He told me quality on these J's weren't all that great judging off of the pairs they received. Excess glue and scratches on patent on most of the pairs...
If true that really blows.  Especially at this price point.

Aww man, so glad I locked down two pairs in the past 24 hours...I couldn't wait on H-S for them to post the link so I knocked out around 4:30 Am Pst. Woke up at 6:30, got ready, got to Mt Sac, and studied for my final a bit. I spent 6 hours on NT last night instead of studying thinking I'd be able to get work done in the morning but the professor pushed the exam from up 9:30 to 9:00 and I didn't know about this because I missed the last session so I got screwed..Im pretty sure I failed it...But got my 2 pairs for $176 and $193 respectively...
smile.gif

On another note, stopped by the local mall that has 5 retail locations dropping the concords. SneakerPalace guy offered me a no-hassle guaranteed pair on RD for $225 and gave me his #. Talked to the Footlocker guy for a bit as well, managed to store order another pair of BCIIIs from a different state. He told me quality on these J's weren't all that great judging off of the pairs they received. Excess glue and scratches on patent on most of the pairs...

Disappointed (though not unexpected) in the update on the quality. Hopefully these are better than CDP's in terms of comfort, those hurt my feet when I wear them.

man, spoke too soon, just received a bill from FedEx for $60 from customs from when I ordered Cement IIIs... this sucks

Originally Posted by stylez23

man, spoke too soon, just received a bill from FedEx for $60 from customs from when I ordered Cement IIIs... this sucks

I know someone addressed this already, but what happens when you don't pay the custom's bill?

Originally Posted by mkc1983

Aww man, so glad I locked down two pairs in the past 24 hours...I couldn't wait on H-S for them to post the link so I knocked out around 4:30 Am Pst. Woke up at 6:30, got ready, got to Mt Sac, and studied for my final a bit. I spent 6 hours on NT last night instead of studying thinking I'd be able to get work done in the morning but the professor pushed the exam from up 9:30 to 9:00 and I didn't know about this because I missed the last session so I got screwed..Im pretty sure I failed it...But got my 2 pairs for $176 and $193 respectively...
smile.gif

Disappointed (though not unexpected) in the update on the quality. Hopefully these are better than CDP's in terms of comfort, those hurt my feet when I wear them.

Never owned concords... but i did have both cool grey's ('01 and '10)...

The major disparity being the comfort between the two. The originals had much thicker
padding throughout the shoe. Last years feel type flimsy.

Also started to notice that a year after each release, i'm seeing more Cool Greys on feet
than the Space Jams. Most likely coincidence, but i'd go so far as to say the producion
numbers on the CG's were greater than the SJ's.

Now with the Concords being the most hype shoe in footwear history...

I'm quite certain the figures for these are over the roof. Antenna.

Please tell me you ordered at least 4 pairs bro

where did you order your bc's and how long in between did you get your kicks and the bill?

Seeing some of the prices you guys paid makes me wonder if I am missing something here
My order from Hanon was 119.91 euro

My order from Urban was 125 euro

Based on current rates that $ 156 from Hanon and $ 162.65 from Urban.

Am I missing something?

You already received your cement 3s? Then well,throw the $60 bill out...and if they ocme after you,say you never received it
laugh.gif

I ordered my cement III from Urban Industry. This was for 2 pairs of Cement IIIs which totaled to something like $325 USD. I ordered on release day, and it shipped to the US on December 1st. Fedex calls me telling me I need to fill a customs form because the declared value is over $250 USD. I filled it out, and shoes finally came in I think on the 5th or 6th. I just received a bill today from Fedex of $60 dated December 9.

If this is the case I may end up canceling my pairs from Urban Industry, if I cannot secure a pair on Eastbay, Nike, etc...

I've ordered many pairs from EndClothing such as last year when I ordered 2 pairs of CG XI, and never got an customs issues. Any ideas why they differ? They both use FedEx from what I remember.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

I know someone addressed this already, but what happens when you don't pay the custom's bill?

If you don't pay a Fed-Ex bill, they'll send you a few reminders through the mail, and if you still don't pay they'll send it to collections. If you don't pay collections, you'll run into problems later in your life, eg obtaining a mortgage.

I ordered my cement III from Urban Industry. This was for 2 pairs of Cement IIIs which totaled to something like $325 USD. I ordered on release day, and it shipped to the US on December 1st. Fedex calls me telling me I need to fill a customs form because the declared value is over $250 USD. I filled it out, and shoes finally came in I think on the 5th or 6th. I just received a bill today from Fedex of $60 dated December 9.

If this is the case I may end up canceling my pairs from Urban Industry, if I cannot secure a pair on Eastbay, Nike, etc...

I've ordered many pairs from EndClothing such as last year when I ordered 2 pairs of CG XI, and never got an customs issues. Any ideas why they differ? They both use FedEx from what I remember.
Did you make 2 separate orders? Or did they send both pairs together in one big box?
-Drew

^ That is why I only placed an order for one pair on Wellgosh, End Clothing, and Urban Industry so that the value would be under $250 and I would be good to go. I just completed my two pair order with Hanon but they ship Royal Mail so that will be switched to USPS when it hits the states and it will be less likely to receive a big fee from them. This was my strategy all along just to make sure.

missed out on the links earlier... but oh well... congrats to those who were able to jump on them... Hope some of these sites but pull the same @+$+ that they did for the cool grey release...

"We are waiting on our shipment from Nike"

a few weeks later

"We didn't know what exactly was in our shipment, and it seems we were shorted your size and we are unable to fulfill your order"

Back
Top Bottom