Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by BinYe

Word about the visual street spottings.

Since release day, i have seen ONE guy with them on.

I was visiting my fam in Sacramento and a dude at Arden Fair
mall had them on (some oriental cat).

I would say that 70 percent of the purchased stock went to
resellers.

The other 30 either haven't worn them yet or waiting for gooderweather before app
lication.

Ive seen one person in my local mall as well.  Funny things is Ive worn my Christmas Kobe VII almost every day and get alot of compliments on them.  Im gonna wait until Im sure there is no chance to get another pair before I rock.

Oh and what is an Oriental cat??  People actually use the word Oriental to describe someone?

resellers.
The other 30 either haven't worn them yet or waiting for gooder
weather before application.

thats the !*%*+!% problem, this site has a couple of them

resellers

I gotta disagree with this statement.

I know everyone would like to say that resellers ruined this release but thats not the case and all you gotta do is look at the buy/sell market to realize this.  Lets say for example that Nike produced 70,000 pairs....I dont know for sure, and before you call me on it...NEITHER DO YOU!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  But we know these were a GR and they were heavily produced, probably more so than any other GR, but along with that came greater demand than we've EVER seen for a sneaker.  If you don't like 70,000 use 50 or 40 whatever you like, but we know there are LOTS!

now look at eBay and other seller markets.  Do a quick search for 'Jordan XI concord' and you will get approx. 2300 pairs of mens shoes.  From that you can probably take another 800 pairs off that number because of people labeling other shoes as concords and early release pairs and now you have about 1500 pairs for sale.  Yes there are some for sale through craiglist and other sites that provide private sales but look at the big picture.....even if theres 3000 pairs for sale, thats less than 10% of the amount produced.  And plus a lot of the ppl selling here and ISS and craigslist also have them on eBay.  I think everyone needs to also realize that most places you bought your concords from only allowed 1 per purchase.  The resellers got theirs, but they didnt get them from the places you woulda got yours.....at least not the REAL resellers.

just my 0.02.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

On another note.......I've worn one of my pairs 3 times and cant get enough of them. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

happy with my 2 pairs. sold my 3rd pair to a friend for $220. im done with the concords. wore one pair on xmas. wont be back out until my birthday. the deadstock pair? 2015 prolly lol. just to piss people off. the columbia 11s i'll get one pair. whenever they drop bred 11s, i need 3 pairs.

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

OG!  Im 31  yr old. Dont know how many NTERs older than me. 
laugh.gif

I was in 9th grade when the OG's dropped. 
laugh.gif

I was in 7th grade when I got mine that year. My Dad and I picked up ours together
smile.gif
Those were the days. RIP Pops
frown.gif

Dude, I almost shed a tear, no joke! That is off the hook man!

Thanks fam...He's in a better place
smile.gif
One thing that still ticks me off the most about him passing is that he gave me all his DS OG's and a so called "bestfriend" of mineand his friends decided to steal all of them and a few from my collection while I was out of town
mad.gif
over 200 pairs to be exact...but he is in jail now and the police never recovered the shoes
frown.gif

Probably sold them on eBay or craigslist.

Got mines ON release day, waited over 11 hours, my size never ran out(11.5) 

didnt even check my pair and have two Minor issues

One issue

2nd issue, Slight stain on 2nd from top shoe lace holder, on the mesh and actual line ( hard to tell from camera)

notice the right has a lil more stiching than the left

my local mall had 200 each store, just had to wait cuz you could only get one per Adult, child, and toddler. 12 hours was in the cold, overall pleased with shoe, cant wait for 2nd pair, wont rock these til i get 2nd pair or my birthday 2/21/ (83)
glasses.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

resellers

I gotta disagree with this statement.

I know everyone would like to say that resellers ruined this release but thats not the case and all you gotta do is look at the buy/sell market to realize this.  Lets say for example that Nike produced 70,000 pairs....I dont know for sure, and before you call me on it...NEITHER DO YOU!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But we know these were a GR and they were heavily produced, probably more so than any other GR, but along with that came greater demand than we've EVER seen for a sneaker. If you don't like 70,000 use 50 or 40 whatever you like, but we know there are LOTS!

now look at eBay and other seller markets. Do a quick search for 'Jordan XI concord' and you will get approx. 2300 pairs of mens shoes. From that you can probably take another 800 pairs off that number because of people labeling other shoes as concords and early release pairs and now you have about 1500 pairs for sale. Yes there are some for sale through craiglist and other sites that provide private sales but look at the big picture.....even if theres 3000 pairs for sale, thats less than 10% of the amount produced. And plus a lot of the ppl selling here and ISS and craigslist also have them on eBay. I think everyone needs to also realize that most places you bought your concords from only allowed 1 per purchase. The resellers got theirs, but they didnt get them from the places you woulda got yours.....at least not the REAL resellers.

just my 0.02.....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

On another note.......I've worn one of my pairs 3 times and cant get enough of them.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I usually don't agree with Dro, but I'll co-sign all of that. And not to mention, you had people buying multiples. I pu'd 4 pairs and I wassatisfiedwith three. The fourth had white midsole paint on the actual sole of the shoe.
In other news, here's some clips from the release here at one of the malls. This release was easily the biggest to ever happen here.

First clip shows what happened when the doors were opened. Second shows the crowd outside waiting. And the third is a mix of both.

My pairs won't be here til tomorrow. So I decided to UnDS my CDPs on new year's day instead. Only saw two people rock these thus far when I went to the mall that day. First cat was drooling over my CDPs so bad it was comical. The second was an employee at FTL that said, "If you're rocking those, you probably have these don't you?"

I was a college intern when the OGs dropped and remember that I didn't care much for these back then. I was into black color ways then. The breds have always been my favorite. But as I've grown much older I am now into cleaner color ways that can go with everything that's why I've grown to love these.

resellers.

WOW, i had to quote this because my man here said "oriental".. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

resellers.

roll.gif

and gooder  
laugh.gif

things would have been ALOT EASIER if everyone copped max 2 pair

resellers.

roll.gif
thats where i copped mines, small world!!!!Arden Fair!!

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

^^^^^^^
for a second, i thought you meant you turning 83 on 2/21... good luck with another pair.
Actually i have a good friend of mines who had a pair purchased in Idaho size 12, and i just have to get her an 8..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

For the most part, that was the limit at all stores. The only store at my local mall that let ppl cop 2 at a time was FTL. FNL, CHMPS, FTA, and JJ all limited people to 1 pair each.

on top of that managers and some employees playing games? cmon

yes these were mass produced but alot and i mean ALOT OF PEOPLE were abusing this sneaker mostly for its high RESALE value

can you imagine how many employees opened up ebay accounts just to bank on this?

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

For the most part, that was the limit at all stores. The only store at my local mall that let ppl cop 2 at a time was FTL. FNL, CHMPS, FTA, and JJ all limited people to 1 pair each.

the thing was people opened multi accounts online so thats 2, 4, 6...

^ Brah, you can't blame store employee for all your problems. For a fact I know that FNL only allowed like 18 total pairs to be sold to employees. FTL/FTA/CHMPS only allowed 1 per employee. Granted, there are some shady stores that let employees grab a bunch of these (SI FNL), but for the most part these were sold to the general public. Online was a crap shoot.

resellers.

thats the !*%*+!% problem, this site has a couple of them
a couple more than a couple....

then there are the lurkers trolling.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

resellers.

roll.gif

and gooder  
laugh.gif
BinYe is that dude 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

^ Brah, you can't blame store employee for all your problems. For a fact I know that FNL only allowed like 18 total pairs to be sold to employees. FTL/FTA/CHMPS only allowed 1 per employee. Granted, there are some shady stores that let employees grab a bunch of these (SI FNL), but for the most part these were sold to the general public.

yes and one of the craziest releases i hope will not repeat itself

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

resellers.

roll.gif

and gooder  
laugh.gif

WAOW!!!!!

Ain't #$@+ changed!

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I dont know what hurts my heart more.

That someone thinks they got an "early release" pair

That people call kicks from the Nike factory "early release" pairs...

Or that dude actually thinks his pair from Finishline are fake....

How many comparison pics will people need to see from East Coast to West Coast.. from US to UK.. from Panama to Iran.. that Nike kicks are all produced with minor differences... but are still real.
LOL hhahahhaha yeah it's hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom