Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

embarassed.gif

First day working out/balling in my flight pack 29's and i must say these are some horrible shoes.  Anyone know if the quality between the flight pack and GR 29s are different?

What was so horrible about them?
First off the soles feel like cardboard, ran 3 miles on the treadmill then balled 3 games. Soles had no give, no molding, nothing. 

No upper ankle support, i laced these bad boys up all the way to the top  and it still felt flimsy.  After what you  could call the top edge of the 29's heel cup there is zero support.  The 29's did provide a great amount of support for cutting and shifty movements but if you land wrong or on someones foot there is nothing that is going to help you from screwing up your ankle.  

For a price point of 225, (or 250 in my case) I expect solid quality all the way around.  Any of the last 4  lebron's blow this shoe out the water, in terms of performance.  

That's why i was asking if the quality was the same with the pack 29's or GR 29s

I'm pretty sure they were on finish line a week or two ago, I saw a couple cws that were unfamiliar and one was for the 13th

BHM were my first xx9s, actually good looking in person, pics dont make em justice, but the photo reels are so nice! they started pushing the performace woven capabilities finally!

good thing is nobody likes em, will be easy to get, the bad... won't drop in eu! grrrrr

but if you land wrong or on someones foot there is nothing that is going to help you from screwing up your ankle.  

Thx for your review but just so you know ..

No shoe is going to protect you from rolling your ankle. Especially if you step on someone elses foot. If that ankle is gonna roll, its gonna roll.

Thx for your review but just so you know ..

No shoe is going to protect you from rolling your ankle. Especially if you step on someone elses foot. If that ankle is gonna roll, its gonna roll.
obviously, All im saying is that my expectations with these were way too high.  I was just trying to see if maybe some GR's had a leather (or a stronger material around the upper ankle) might as well be lows with the way this shoe is structured. 

obviously, All im saying is that my expectations with these were way too high.  I was just trying to see if maybe some GR's had a leather (or a stronger material around the upper ankle) might as well be lows with the way this shoe is structured. 

I think this is a polarizing part of the shoe. A lot of people love the performance weave upper b/c it's very comfortable and gives such a soft, sock-like feel. Others don't like it because they want to feel some rigidity in the shoe. It comes down to your preference I suppose, but to answer the question, no the GR's don't have any differences in material.

Another pic from miss Sam Baker
Great pic. I want these, but will probably be in a work meeting when they drop. Hoping they sit for at least 30 mins. Not sure how to gauge this, as they seem to be a "love or hate" shoe from replies in this thread, and I'm sure NDC (if they release there) will pull the fake sell out. I don't mess with FNL anymore, so hoping someone else adds them to the calendar.

Back
Top Bottom