Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I have yet to be able to try on a pair of XX9's but they have some Stealth/Joker XX8's at my local outlet for $120. My question is should I just get the XX8's or are the XX9's that much better. The XX8's felt OK and from what I hear the forefoot cushion is amazing but the overall comfort of the shoe is nowhere near the level of the Clutchfit Drive or BrandBlack JC2 that I am use to. Are the XX9's far more comfortable than the XX8's? These shoes will be used as outdoor hoop shoes only. I use the other two I mentioned for indoor

I have yet to be able to try on a pair of XX9's but they have some Stealth/Joker XX8's at my local outlet for $120. My question is should I just get the XX8's or are the XX9's that much better. The XX8's felt OK and from what I hear the forefoot cushion is amazing but the overall comfort of the shoe is nowhere near the level of the Clutchfit Drive or BrandBlack JC2 that I am use to. Are the XX9's far more comfortable than the XX8's? These shoes will be used as outdoor hoop shoes only. I use the other two I mentioned for indoor
I'm sure others will have feedback, but here are some thoughts between the two:
  • If hooping outdoors, the cheaper option is smarter, but the XX9 traction pattern is more durable that the XX8s and would hold up better outdoor.
  • You have the issue with popping zoom bags in the XX8s and I don't really think there's a timeline for when this happens -- could be after a long time hooping in them or even just a couple weeks to a month, it's been hit or miss.  I haven't heard of any issues with the zoom bags on the XX9
  • The XX8s give you a bit more of a springy feeling up front than the XX9s, though the XX9s still have solid responsiveness
  • The upper on the XX9 feels just awesome IMO, I wouldn't say overall that the shoe is far and above the comfort of the XX8 though -- I found the XX8 to be pretty damn comfortable (coming from a guy who loves the CF drive and J.C II).
Hopefully this helps you a bit

I'm sure others will have feedback, but here are some thoughts between the two:
  • If hooping outdoors, the cheaper option is smarter, but the XX9 traction pattern is more durable that the XX8s and would hold up better outdoor.
  • You have the issue with popping zoom bags in the XX8s and I don't really think there's a timeline for when this happens -- could be after a long time hooping in them or even just a couple weeks to a month, it's been hit or miss.  I haven't heard of any issues with the zoom bags on the XX9
  • The XX8s give you a bit more of a springy feeling up front than the XX9s, though the XX9s still have solid responsiveness
  • The upper on the XX9 feels just awesome IMO, I wouldn't say overall that the shoe is far and above the comfort of the XX8 though -- I found the XX8 to be pretty damn comfortable (coming from a guy who loves the CF drive and J.C II).
Hopefully this helps you a bit
Thanks for the reply. Maybe i need to give them more break in time as I only tried them on and walked around a bit where as the JC2 I felt comfort right off the bat. I am starting to doubt if the XX9's are worth the extra money and when I say that I mean worth the extra money over the XX8's not worth it in general. I just heard SOOOOOO many good things about the XX9's I have been holding out. But i can't find a solid deal or a place that has them in my sz to even try on.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply. Maybe i need to give them more break in time as I only tried them on and walked around a bit where as the JC2 I felt comfort right off the bat. I am starting to doubt if the XX9's are worth the extra money and when I say that I mean worth the extra money over the XX8's not worth it in general. I just heard SOOOOOO many good things about the XX9's I have been holding out. But i can't find a solid deal or a place that has them in my sz to even try on.
I feel you man -- the J.C II is for me one of a kind where it literally feels like no other (insane comfort) out of the box.

The XX9 is definitely no-joke, it is a seriously good ball shoe and with the comfort that's up there with any -- I do not think they are leaps and bounds above the XX8 though.  A little more comfortable maybe, not it isn't anything like night and day

Last edited:

I feel you man -- the J.C II is for me one of a kind where it literally feels like no other (insane comfort) out of the box.

The XX9 is definitely no-joke, it is a seriously good ball shoe and with the comfort that's up there with any -- I do not think they are leaps and bounds above the XX8 though.  A little more comfortable maybe, not it isn't anything like night and day
So what should I do man? Is it worth it to hold out and find some XX9's or just cop the XX8's@$120? What is the cheapest pair of XX9's going for? Colorway doesn't matter

So what should I do man? Is it worth it to hold out and find some XX9's or just cop the XX8's@$120? What is the cheapest pair of XX9's going for? Colorway doesn't matter
People have grabbed pairs for around 150-160 I believe.  Some maybe even lower? 

I don't know what the current lowest price is, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.  What size do you need?

@Kaz109

23penny has some pretty solid deals on a few colorways in a few different sizes.  Use this link: http://23penny.com/products?search=xx9&search-submit=

The playoff colorways are not bad at 150 shipped if you ask me.  They're listed at 134.99 and I believe his shipping is $15.  Stand up dude too

eBay also has a lot of pairs in the 120-160 range it seems.  If you wanted to go with a near-DS pair you could prob get away with around 100.

Last edited:
Thanks foe the link but unfortunately none of those shoes had a sz 12 in stock. That is the sz I need. Thanks everyone for the help

The "unlock zoom" in the forefoot area greater on the XX8 over the XX9? Do the xx9's feel like they propel you more? If that makes sense

The XX8s zoom bag sticks out more. It's more responsive and gives more bounce than the XX9. But the XX8 zoom bag has been known to pop.

I wish I was able to try on a pair of XX8's for this reason.

I have 2 pair of shrouded XX8's and 1 pair of XX8 SE's and I abuse all 3 of them. I haven't had any issues with my zoom bags at all. I will say the cement XX8's are the most springy out of the bunch then the carbon fibers and last is the SE. Take a chance on them its a great shoe.

Returned them all in store, sucks though because they were irreplaceable colors (bel airs and westbrooks)

Jus went to nike clearance san leandro scored the infrareds for 99 only soze 12 in store juiced to hoop in these

Went to a mall far from my house and they had tons of XX9's so I finally got to try them on but not one pair was on sale!! NOT ONE!! Fit was nice and you can tell the difference between the XX8 and XX9 in the Zoom forefoot area right off the bat. I think I like the fit in the XX9 better but not for retail price.  At $120 the XX8's are the clear winner. But honestly I can see me owning both if I find a pair of XX9's for $120-140 lol

I have 2 pair of shrouded XX8's and 1 pair of XX8 SE's and I abuse all 3 of them. I haven't had any issues with my zoom bags at all. I will say the cement XX8's are the most springy out of the bunch then the carbon fibers and last is the SE. Take a chance on them its a great shoe.
agree i have several of each and no popping issues on any pairs

well worth any price if you can find your size !

Anyone have the Footaction sku for the riverwalks? Is it the same as footlocker's sku? Would like to cop if they are still $99.99. I saw them for 129.99 at my local finish line.

I have NEVER seen them for $129 at ANY of the locations I have been to. Online yes but not in store

Back
Top Bottom