Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I prefer the Mids, but the lows are not bad by any means.

The weave seems to be thicker and more supportive on the lows, so they aren't quite as flexible and form fitting, but that also means they won't stretch as much and they'll remain supportive.

Transition doesn't seem to be quite as smooth and explosive in the lows.  Other than that I would say identical.

XX9's are easily my favorite Jordan performance shoe and one of my all time favorite performance models from any brand.

I'm going to give the lows one last try. I figure for 109 minus 20% and ebates 12% its worth it. Hopefully the upper breaks in.

It's hard to resist at that price.  And AMEX has a $15 off $75 deal at Nike.com, but I already used mine.  Tempted to ask my bro if I can use his haha.

Is there anyone still here? Just have a question. Wear a size 10 in mids but have a bit of wide feet. Do i need to go half size up on the lows or same size?

Is there anyone still here? Just have a question. Wear a size 10 in mids but have a bit of wide feet. Do i need to go half size up on the lows or same size?
I have the same issue. I went with the same size as the mids and I'm just hoping the upper stretches a little. I tried a size up and it didn't feel bad. My foot was still locked in but I didn't want the extra length. 

If you want the "out of the box" comfort like the mids, I'd say size up. If you're willing to try and break them in, stay with the same size.

I have the same issue. I went with the same size as the mids and I'm just hoping the upper stretches a little. I tried a size up and it didn't feel bad. My foot was still locked in but I didn't want the extra length. 

If you want the "out of the box" comfort like the mids, I'd say size up. If you're willing to try and break them in, stay with the same size.
It's hard to have complicated feet hahaha. I usually wear size 10.5 with any leather or any stiff upper shoes but try to half size down with any fabric or soft upper shoes as i find it that it fits better. (ex. size 10.5 on crazy 8s or black leather shoes, size 10 on kobe 8s or adidas flux) Really is hard when you can't try the shoe in store and only option is to purchase it online. Have a s10 on J11 and it shreds my pinky toe. Have a s10.5 on j13 and width is perfect but there is extra space on the toebox. Tried a 10 on the xx9s since it's a fabric upper and length was fine except sometimes when i stopped on a dime the outer part of my foot would get stiff and hurt. 

All that said I guess i'll have to go with the 10.5 and just deal with the extra length instead of cramming my toes. :frown:

I wear a 10 in the Mids and a 10 in the Lows.

The lows are a bit more snug, but they do stretch a little eventually.  Not as much as the Mids so far, which were noticeably looser after a good amount of playing.  My lows are looser as well, but not as much as the mids.  The knit upper seems to be more substantial and reinforced in the Lows.

I think I could go .5 down in the Mids and be fine, but probably not in the Lows.

I wear a 10 in the Mids and a 10 in the Lows.

The lows are a bit more snug, but they do stretch a little eventually.  Not as much as the Mids so far, which were noticeably looser after a good amount of playing.  My lows are looser as well, but not as much as the mids.  The knit upper seems to be more substantial and reinforced in the Lows.

I think I could go .5 down in the Mids and be fine, but probably not in the Lows.
Have you played in the superfly 4 or Jordan 30?

It's hard to have complicated feet hahaha. I usually wear size 10.5 with any leather or any stiff upper shoes but try to half size down with any fabric or soft upper shoes as i find it that it fits better. (ex. size 10.5 on crazy 8s or black leather shoes, size 10 on kobe 8s or adidas flux) Really is hard when you can't try the shoe in store and only option is to purchase it online. Have a s10 on J11 and it shreds my pinky toe. Have a s10.5 on j13 and width is perfect but there is extra space on the toebox. Tried a 10 on the xx9s since it's a fabric upper and length was fine except sometimes when i stopped on a dime the outer part of my foot would get stiff and hurt. 

All that said I guess i'll have to go with the 10.5 and just deal with the extra length instead of cramming my toes. :frown:
Yeah man. Its tough. Its actually the real reason I go through so many shoes. I just have a hard time finding a comfortable pair that offers everything I want performance-wise. The Jordan XX9s have been the most comfortable pair I've owned so far. I could have worn a size 11 in the mids but I stuck to 11.5 in both the mids and lows. The lows did loosen up a bit for me and like DeezyVSOP2 said, the upper is more substantial and reinforced. The upper on the mids started tearing a bit already and I've only played two weekends in them (around 6-8 games). I'm actually going to add some knit glue before it gets worse lol.

A few pairs I need to try are the JC2 MID and the CLB 2016.

I tried the lows in the JC2 but I think want to see how the Mids are with the knit.

I also think I figured out the sizing for the CLB 2016 for myself. I can actually size down to an 11 in those and get a great fit. 

Have you played in the superfly 4 or Jordan 30?
Nope.  Only the XX9 Mid and Low and the Melo 11.  I also have some Superfly 3 PO's in my closet, so I'm kind of set on flight plate/unlocked zoom set-ups for now.

One of my favorite cushioning systems along with Boost at the moment.

Another NDC clearance code:  FALL25 for 25% off clearance items.  Ends 9/5.

After ebates and tax, XX9 lows come out to almost $80 to California.  Very tempting.

Another NDC clearance code:  FALL25 for 25% off clearance items.  Ends 9/5.

After ebates and tax, XX9 lows come out to almost $80 to California.  Very tempting.
Yeah man. I broke in the lows and I've been playing with those over the mids the past couple of weeks. The upper is a bit more durable. I have 3 pairs of XX9s now. Do I need anymore? lol

I copped the XX9 lows on NDC extra clearance, waiting for them to arrive and ball in. This will hold me over until the CLB goes on miadidas.

Still loving the 29s lol. I broke in my infrared lows no I'm beating them to death Lol. The traction is very durable even outdoors.

These have been fun to play in. Definitely some break in time for that heel. Fit more snug that I expected but I am in that size range between 12 and 13. 

How would you guys rank the more recent shoes with unlocked zoom after the XX9? I like the XX9 but want to try out others. The first gen is out for me becuz of the popping issues

How would you guys rank the more recent shoes with unlocked zoom after the XX9? I like the XX9 but want to try out others. The first gen is out for me becuz of the popping issues
I loved the XX8 but popping issues have taken me away from playing in them.

I'm a fan of the XX9 mid, but I think I like the lows even more as they fit my foot better (foot on the narrow side). I know the XXX has gotten quite a bit of hate, but personally I'm a big fan of them. Lockdown is excellent and I feel you get better compression in the heel (in the XXX there are no TPU plates around the heel portion it's the foam by itself).  Melo M11, big fan of those as well. Have not tried the XXXI -- still want to try them but I'm holding out due to $$

I loved the XX8 but popping issues have taken me away from playing in them.

I'm a fan of the XX9 mid, but I think I like the lows even more as they fit my foot better (foot on the narrow side). I know the XXX has gotten quite a bit of hate, but personally I'm a big fan of them. Lockdown is excellent and I feel you get better compression in the heel (in the XXX there are no TPU plates around the heel portion it's the foam by itself).  Melo M11, big fan of those as well. Have not tried the XXXI -- still want to try them but I'm holding out due to $$
I'm the opposite and prefer the mid because of the fit. I like a little room like the xx9 and hyperrev 2014 so I can have an option to wear thicker socks. I usually avoid narrow shoes with the exception of the kobe 8 because I don't size up. It makes the shoe longer and theres just too many good shoes right now for me to try and make a shoe fit me. Would you say the 30 and m11 are narrower than the xx9 low?

I might end up trying the m12 and superfly 4 jacquards.

The XXXI's aren't going anywhere lol. They sound good from reviews aside from the traction but I hope they put out some solid outsoles that might help.

Last edited:

I'm the opposite and prefer the mid because of the fit. I like a little room like the xx9 and hyperrev 2014 so I can have an option to wear thicker socks. I usually avoid narrow shoes with the exception of the kobe 8 because I don't size up. It makes the shoe longer and theres just too many good shoes right now for me to try and make a shoe fit me. Would you say the 30 and m11 are narrower than the xx9 low?

I might end up trying the m12 and superfly 4 jacquards.

The XXXI's aren't going anywhere lol. They sound good from reviews aside from the traction but I hope they put out some solid outsoles that might help.
I hear you on sizing up and making shoes too long.

As far as the M11 and 30 -- I would only say the M11 might be slightly more snug than than the XX9 low. The 30 to me fits about the exact same in the forefoot as the XX9 low.

I've been bouncing around different shoes as well and I always find myself going back to the 29s. Thats not to say shoes like the crazy explosive and hyperdunk 2016 are bad, I just find that the 29s fit my play style and foot shape the best. I like minimal uppers and I'm always on my toes so forefoot cushion is important. 

I've tried a few other pairs with unlocked zoom, like the Jordan Rising High low and the Melo M11. The M11 is a little narrower than the 29 like @iks mod  said, I also think the cushion is a little lower profile. The upper breaks in though, maybe even more than the 29 lows. I think you can feel the forefoot zoom a lot in the RIsing High and it protrudes a bit so it has a tippy feeling. The upper doesn't compare to the 29s however, its kind of roomy, plasticky and stiff.

I just ordered the Melo 12s from Finishline, Saturday, and they should be coming in today or tomorrow. I'll give them a run Sunday. I'm going to see how they compare to the 31s because they also have those achilles pillows and they're A LOT cheaper now. 
I've yet to play in the 31s, except shoot around, but I think I may have the same issue with them as the hyperdunk 2016 —the full length zoom and flat outsole makes the midsole a little less flexible than a decoupled midsole with 1 or 2 zoom bags. I guess this is the function of the flightplate so its possible that it wouldn't be a problem. None of this probably makes a difference for you young guys but I'm old with bad knees. If I land flat footed or on my heels it puts too much stress on my knees and leads to soreness. I miss the days when I could play in anything lol.

I've been bouncing around different shoes as well and I always find myself going back to the 29s. Thats not to say shoes like the crazy explosive and hyperdunk 2016 are bad, I just find that the 29s fit my play style and foot shape the best. I like minimal uppers and I'm always on my toes so forefoot cushion is important. 

I've tried a few other pairs with unlocked zoom, like the Jordan Rising High low and the Melo M11. The M11 is a little narrower than the 29 like @iks mod  said, I also think the cushion is a little lower profile. The upper breaks in though, maybe even more than the 29 lows. I think you can feel the forefoot zoom a lot in the RIsing High and it protrudes a bit so it has a tippy feeling. The upper doesn't compare to the 29s however, its kind of roomy, plasticky and stiff.

I just ordered the Melo 12s from Finishline, Saturday, and they should be coming in today or tomorrow. I'll give them a run Sunday. I'm going to see how they compare to the 31s because they also have those achilles pillows and they're A LOT cheaper now. 
I agree with a lot of that. The xx9 upper might be the most comfy since the hyperrev 2014. Two of my fav shoes when I'm just working on my explosiveness. The 2k4 cushion is great as well imo for shoe that is so low to the ground. I think I'll pass on the m11 for being narrower and having stiffer materials. The m12 and superfly 4 jacquards have mesh/woven uppers and they are getting cheap so Ill look to try those for now

Last edited:
Hey guys, little late to the party here.  I just signed up.  I have 35 different colorways of the XX9.  I'm always looking for more.  A new batch of Ross/Nike outlet pairs have started to pop up in different colors.  Keep your eyes out.

Back
Top Bottom