Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

First Jordan sig shoe I've liked since the XX3's. With the proper colorways, this shoe could be phenomenal.

The XX9 looks like the ford focus. Very bland, uninspiring and isn't that different from other shoes on the market. You wouldn't take a second glance at it, like you would the Pagani.
We'll see about that when more colorways drop bruh. I think the elephant print is just to start the ball rolling, as if JB is saying that if they can do this then they can do so much more with this new tech for the upper, which is not like the Kobe 9 that uses fuse for support beneath the flyknit. The XX9 does not have fuse.

As of now I would cop the jumpman joint but I am more pissed off at the fact that they revealed the kicks yesterday but making us wait 5 months to cop. I may not give a damn by then.

I'm surprised the thread title hasn't been updated yet to make this official. Probably would be more resourceful if pics were moved to page 1. Before the jokes come, Im not trying to mini-mod hehe. Anyone know if manposite, Ekin, nikegolfguy still post here? I used to be in the "know" with those guys, geez 10yrs ago...

Last edited:
Somebody should start a new thread and update it. Seems like the Opp here isn't coming back. lol

@NobleKane he can just be making an observation it ain't that serious fam. We all know the unlocked zoom and flight plate perform nicely and offer geat support. JB fixed the placement of the zoom bag so they may last longer for people. And if the fly weave material works as I believe it should then it have great fit and breathability because there is no fuse. Id much rather hear what people think of the performance then the usual ranting going on here
@seandon23   Say it again boss

Looks like a great bball shoe. Not crazy about the design but its early and these definitely have potential.
Im sorry but how the **** can you tell how a shoe will perform just by looking at? Come on son...

What just because they say it has new tech?

Jordan brand can probally tell all you they used advanced space giraffe penis skin for a tight custom fit and you would say its the best thing in life...

Hate to tell you this but that giraffe penis skin is nothing more than cheap trash materials found in your local dumpster...

Look like a great performer lol
Its not unordinary to look at a shoe and say, man..

"those look comfortable" 

"those look like the have good support" 

"those look like they are heavy"

"those look like the are lightweight"

you get the point...So what's so confusing to you about dude saying it looks like a good performance shoe. Lol, seems logical to me because I also think it "looks like it performs well"

And don't act like youve never said about a shoe "those look comfortable" .....because you have boss, you have

These are dope, crazy potential by far the best in 11yrs.
you sir, are out of your head.
indifferent.gif

The up close pics of these show how much of a work of art they really are. I'm in for sure. That price tag though...man hold up

The 13 was the last signature shoe that I bought. Every one after that up until now was wack IMO. I started sporting other products and only stuck to my childhood favorites on the J's as far as what I spent money on.

Everyone please stop liking the Orange ones. Those are gonna be limited as F & I want em.. Can everyone agree to hate these so I can cop easily. Thx.

Vid of the designers who made this shoe explain the tech:

There is zoom in the heel

God this is the most ignorant thread I have ever laid eyes on in my entire existence.

Watched the whole video, didn't hear anyone mention anything about zoom in the heel. 

I thought they fixed the flex point in the forefoot zoom? still like the previous one. they only fixed it with the other version i see..

That Tailored for Flight commercial is pimp though for real. That score though, sounds like a RZA track with the classic "no break beat" sound.

Be curious to know who scored it. Bet it was RZA

Last edited:
I'll tell you this. I've had conversations about materials and their cost with people at JB and NikeID, some of this stuff isn't cheap. Cutting costs is at the essence of most companies. It's not a good rule of thumb to apply such a blanket assumption to all products though. Retros are not made with performance in mind, they're made with dollars and cents in mind. And although that likely holds true for new flagship models, I think they're willing to spend a bit more to develop new technologies. New tech and materials require a considerable amount of R&D, and although the woven piece of material looks like its cost effective at a per unit level, you have to take into consideration how much money was spent to get it to that point.
Yes, but Jordans are considered to be  top of the line luxury basketball shoes, so you wouldn't expect cost cutting measures in either the sigs or retros.

Of course it costs more money to bring new products to market but so did something like the XVIII, and it featured real leather/suede.

I think  it does apply  to all nike products and here's why:

Hyperdunk- plastic and lunarlon, i.e. cheap garbage

Hyperrev- a thin sock with zoom

Lebrons- plastic. Used to have leather/suede

Kobes- plastic, mesh, and now flyknit

Kds-plastic

Jordan retros-using less zoom and "leather" that  feels like cardboard

NSW retros- taking out all the tech from basketball shoes making them  unusable for basketball, e.g. no monkey paw on BB4 shox and virtually non existent  zoom on zoom gloves.

So yes, based on the fact that they've implemented cost cutting measures on every single line of basketball product they offer, I can quite validly conclude that cost cutting played a major in this design.

Why would  I give such a company the benefit of the doubt when all they do is figure out how to charge more for less?

I get emails from nike on occasion,  as I'm sure others do to, trying to shift product that isn't moving. And you know what they say? Be quick these are limited. They can't really say this a quality product anymore because it isn't

Last edited:
I know this. I am thankful for the "hard leather" they used on the V Retros. These things are holding up well. Don't think it'd be good to ball in but as a shoe to rock of court, I'm definitely thankful its not the same material as my old V's. I used the V as an example because that's my go to shoe so I have like 20 wears on my Fire Red 3m tounge and about 35 on the white grapes and they look like a few wears only.

Jordan XX9 "Theme Song from "Tailored from Flight"

I bet these dudes will sell some Records after that commercial

Last edited:
Well folks, I think we have a new successful JB signature model. Not that the past recent models have not been, but I see this having a lot of appeal in dual fields; performance for sport but, for casual wear to. A little more in my own opinion than the 28. I can see the large jumpman model coming out in a slew of pretty cool color ways, and probably the cement pair being utilized for different print and patterns hence the paisley pair. They scream comfort, could be reaching but I don't believe they'll miss their. I'm really liking it from the early looks and unveiling can't wait to see more and the progression of It, I think both styles are dope.

i need to see these on feet

cause these ones don't look half bad on feet here

Last edited:
are these are different version of the elephant print xx9? Because these seem to have translucent smokey outsoles. But in the video and other official pics they had black outsoles.

I'm pretty sure the ones in official photos are the one releasing. The rest are just different samples and wear prototype,

Back
Top Bottom