Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

It's early but should JB keep making new Jordans after the XXX? If so, maybe it doesn't have to be a yearly thing, maybe every 2 years? They can sell retros forever. I'd like to see them Alpha them like they did with the AJ 1 Alphas. Hyperfuse, flywire, unlocked zoom, etc. on the classic AJs.
This is a performance shoe and flagship model of the line pretty much so no they should keep releasing them

Yes they should definitely keep making the flagship shoe every year. What seandon23 says. As for the XXX itself, I'm calling it out right now for these to have the power laces first before the air mags!!

Last edited:
the design kinda reminds me of the jordan 2012s (aka 27s), this time they did it with a one piece upper. would probably cop if they go on clearance, performance wise these look like they gonna beast.

Any ideas of what the low's gonna look like. I hope we don't see another S.E.

Last edited:
this is the only way they can regain my interest
Same here, but I do think that JB can have better execution design-wise.  The Alpha 1s are pretty different in appearance from their original counterparts.  The perforations on the toe weren't even the same.  I'm pretty sure JB would have more success with such a line if they more closely resembled the original shoes in appearance and took a more subtle approach in incorporating modern technology. For example, they could have easily integrated the zoom air set up without having to make the midsole extra bulky.  

Same here, but I do think that JB can have better execution design-wise.  The Alpha 1s are pretty different in appearance from their original counterparts.  The perforations on the toe weren't even the same.  I'm pretty sure JB would have more success with such a line if they more closely resembled the original shoes in appearance and took a more subtle approach in incorporating modern technology. For example, they could have easily integrated the zoom air set up without having to make the midsole extra bulky.  
The Alpha 1s are great.  Definitely considering id'ing another pair for ball.  

Big fan of the signature Jordan performers, but the unlocked zoom durability issues I experienced on court with the XX8 has me really iffy on picking up a pair of the XX9s (which look like they'll be beasts on the court btw).  I really didn't like playing the Nike Claims game on multiple pairs and eventually settled on the Kobe 9 Elite high for hooping to get away from air bags altogether.  If I don't hear about any zoom pops a couple months after launch, I'll definitely pick up a pair.

Last edited:

The Alpha 1s are great.  Definitely considering id'ing another pair for ball.  

Big fan of the signature Jordan performers, but the unlocked zoom durability issues I experienced on court with the XX8 has me really iffy on picking up a pair of the XX9s (which look like they'll be beasts on the court btw).  I really didn't like playing the Nike Claims game on multiple pairs and eventually settled on the Kobe 9 Elite high for hooping to get away from air bags altogether.  If I don't hear about any zoom pops a couple months after launch, I'll definitely pick up a pair.
I doubt you'll have to worry much about the XX9 having popping zoom bags.  JB would be extremely foolish to not learn from such a major mistake from the XX8s.  

I doubt you'll have to worry much about the XX9 having popping zoom bags.  JB would be extremely foolish to not learn from such a major mistake from the XX8s.  
I hope so man, I really like the black giant jumpman pair coming out!  It's been hard to rinse the saltiness off I'm still feeling from XX8s.  Even with the durability issues I experienced, I absolutely loved balling in them.  I was more sad than mad when I kept having problems with 'em.

I thought I was gonna be all over the XX9s but then I saw the Super.Fly 3s. Seems like similar tech and only $140. Not aesthetically bad either. IDK...

I thought I was gonna be all over the XX9s but then I saw the Super.Fly 3s. Seems like similar tech and only $140. Not aesthetically bad either. IDK...
Yeah the cushion set up is the same on the super flys. They may not offer the exact same feeling that the XX9s will have in terms of cushion and the upper isn't the fly weave but the last super flys were great so you know you are getting your moneys worth

Yeah the cushion set up is the same on the super flys. They may not offer the exact same feeling that the XX9s will have in terms of cushion and the upper isn't the fly weave but the last super flys were great so you know you are getting your moneys worth
Ahh i got the flight web of the Super.Fly 3s confused with the fly weave. Think Ill try a pair of XX9s although for now I love playing in my Kobe 9 Details

Back
Top Bottom