Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

How are they slept on? They've only released two color ways.

I think the only thing that may undermine the interest is the price and only two mesh patterns (print and jump man).

Compare them to the 28s last year, 29s were slept on.

First 2 colorways sold out and they were more expensive.

29s, so far, seem like they are more produced and available at more stores than the XX8. XX8 dropped at select FTL, FTA, Champs and FNL.

In Tampa, there were one FTA and Champs that carried them.

The elephant print XX9 seemed to be be available at decent sized sneaker retailers. The Team Orange seemed to be a HoH/NT/F 23 release.

As far as cost, the shroud and missing air unit might be the reason for the $25 price difference. Or just Nike being Nike. The XX8s were low key compared to the LeBron X, XI, Kobe 8, 9, KD V and VI. Maybe Nike knows the money is at the Retros and the new Sigs.

Last edited:
How are they slept on? They've only released two color ways.

I think the only thing that may undermine the interest is the price and only two mesh patterns (print and jump man).
Good point. It does seem like people are sleeping on them, but that really isn't the case. For me, I've always been slow to warm up to the new models even back when Michael was active [in the NBA], a lot of those shoes looked like hot garbage to me when I first saw them. The last non retro sig that I liked immediately was the Air jordan XX. Before that, the XVI and XV. and Before then I had though everything after the XI was terrible when I first seen them. XX9s do have an appeal though.

Last edited:
Anyone know the reason they were rescheduled? Secretly I'm hoping they will release them with a white bottom and not the translucent one in the pics lol. Cp3 and super fly both have white outsoles for the Riverwalks....maybe just maybe

JS"

Anyone know the reason they were rescheduled? Secretly I'm hoping they will release them with a white bottom and not the translucent one in the pics lol. Cp3 and super fly both have white outsoles for the Riverwalks....maybe just maybe

JS"
nah i've seen them in person clear

Thats the name of the shoe, it has too do something with the all star game that was held in San Antonio 1996

Last edited:

ok I've been avoiding this question for awhile but what the heck do people mean by "riverwalks"?
the riverwalk is the area in san antonio in downtown that literaly is a river that you walk next to, big tourist attraction, goes by the alamo, 1996 the all-star game was held in san antonio and the jerseys were fiesta based with the teal, orange and pink jalapena, though the shoes should be more teal than pink they still look good as a representation of that game, same as the 2 reebok Kazi2s

the riverwalk is the area in san antonio in downtown that literaly is a river that you walk next to, big tourist attraction, goes by the alamo, 1996 the all-star game was held in san antonio and the jerseys were fiesta based with the teal, orange and pink jalapena, though the shoes should be more teal than pink they still look good as a representation of that game, same as the 2 reebok Kazi2s
I see. Man that is reaching though IMO lol.

not only that but it's taking something from the city of the game and naming the shoes after it... That's like calling something with LSU or Pelicans colors the gumbos.

the Jordan riverwalk pack is no more reaching than the packer kamikaze II chili peppers/remember the Alamo

yeah not that much of a stretch

Any rumors on new spring color ways?? Maybe Russel Westbrooke PE or Maya More USA? I haven't seen or read anything past blackout, Infrared, and Pantone pack. 

Back
Top Bottom