Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Got rid of my XVIIs due to them breaking down from wear and tear.

Still have the case. I keep my PS2 games in it.

Fam , I am older than most dudes in here and I have been PLAYING in Jordans since 1988. So my perspective may be different than most As a long time consumer and jordan collector/basketball player it is an insult to my intelligence that nike would have the audacity to remove air from the heel and charge over 200 bucks for a superfly with a different upper. So no I won't try them on. I'm not buying. I really like how the shoe looks especially the river walk pair but I'm not buying even if they hit the outlets. I really liked the zoom rookie also but passed due to lack of zoom and from the reports of many NTers they were unwearable for basketball I also only buy flyknit trainers and pass on the racers even though have nice colorways because the trainers and racers cost the same but the racers only have forefoot zoom and the trainers heel and forefoot zoom. Racers should be cheaper right? But they aren't. Bottom line these Jordans will still sell no matter what. I like how they look but just can't /won't bite
Dr Damon, again, don't get me wrong - I am not saying the shoe is worth the money, AT ALL, with Zoom or without. I guess, from my perspective of doing performance reviews, I am just saying, on the performance side, the Foam works and feels as good as the Zoom units in most shoes now. I agree, leaving Zoom out and adding, well, NOTHING, takes a serious set of cajones, and they still sold out, so I can't wait, from a consumer side, to see what happens next year. From a performance side, if it performs well, I could care less, but again, I got in a lucky situation on getting mine. I would not, NOT, pay the retail for these, even if they had Zoom.

I am an oldhead myself - my first Jordans were THE first Jordans, white/red/black I's - so to see the stupid prices and lack of material quality that pass for premium these days hurts, across the board. Retros are a joke, innovation is at a standstill for the most part, and when it breaks out, it costs way too damn much, especially with reports now of how Knit saves money, time, and workforce numbers. And now we get the "remastered" series, that will cost ^$200 for a shoe with 1988 innovation and technology? Kiss my ***** on that.

Little rant, but I have seen you on here for years and know your opinions are usually shared by me, and I didn't want there to be any misunderstanding about my angle.

toine, still got the case and the CD-ROM, up in the closet in the box. Wifey thinks it is hilarious that shoes came in a briefcase.

I'd compare the XX9 to the XX8SE. That's $225 vs. $150, foam vs. zoom. When I put on the XX8SE for the first time and I felt how well the upper hugged my foot, I though "These are the best performance kicks I ever tried".  When my XX9s arrived and I tried them on, I thought the upgrade in how the upper felt was simply incredible. The jump in comfort and feel between the XX9 and the XX8SE felt just as big as going from Crazy 8 to XX8SE. Does that justify $75 and the loss of zoom in the heel? I don't think it does. I'm 6'1 - 250lbs, and I can tell you I do feel the lack of zoom while playing and that the foam doesn't perform as good.

Obligatory proof of actually having both kicks, given my post count :smile:

I was grabbing the white/blue xx9 anyway.
Didn't plan on grabbing the Pantone 11.

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GRAB THE white/blue xx9 AT RETAIL BECAUSE ITS A PART OF A PACK.

Nah man, just ruined my day.

Last edited:

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GRAB THE white/blue xx9 AT RETAIL BECAUSE ITS A PART OF A PACK.

And a $500 pack at that. Lol at nike with their whack pack ideas. So if the xx9 is $225 they are charging $275 for a retro from 1995 because it's baby blue? Sad thing is it will still sell out and probably resell for double.

The XX9s in the pack actually look really nice. Would have been down had they not been in a pack and had heel zoom

Well hopefully the peeps scoring on the packs will be willing to dump the xx9 at retail or less since the 11 is the hyped shoe.

I will most definitely be trying to grab the pack myself first, but I'm dumping that BLUE 11 immediately if I score

haha I know. I was in highschool so I kind of fell for the hype and seeing my favorite nba player with them I just had to have them. that was the only shoe I ever had that I just couldn't stand
sick.gif
. also this really worries me about retros. I bet a lot of our kicks don't even have an air unit in them. none of us are willing to dissect them to find out and JB doesn't even really advertise them as having it now days, so they can't really be sued or anything. the way I see it, shoes are exactly what they are... just shoes. Nike will continually sell us the "technology" thing year after year and the majority of consumers will follow it.
100% this. I hardly buy retro Js or Nikes due to the quality (unless it's something I feel really nostalgic about) but when I bought the retro zoom gloves last year I was extremely disappointed with the "zoom" air it had. It was so pitiful I'm surprised they still called it zoom. It was about the size of a quarter and you could really feel the lack of cushioning compared to the OG. I was raging since it was my favourite shoe (wore my mine to ground) and nike managed to ruin it with their cost cutting measures. Such a shame since the rest of the shoe was pretty decent and as close to OG as you could expect from nike.

Mine gave me knee pain they were so bad, something I haven't experienced from any other shoe.

Edit: talking about the black spandex pair with regards to the rest of shoe. The "leather" on the white pair is shocking and most likely came from an oil refinery and not the hide of a cow

Last edited:
And a $500 pack at that. Lol at nike with their whack pack ideas. So if the xx9 is $225 they are charging $275 for a retro from 1995 because it's baby blue? Sad thing is it will still sell out and probably resell for double.

Exactly what I'm trying to say... People mad about the $225 price but willing to spend $250+ for ****** retroes with no new technology.... Probably gonna be the same idiots buying into the whole "remaster" series in 2015

Just like with the shooting stars pack, the less desirable shoe will be available for retail or less. You just may not get the box. And you'll have to be patient

That was literally the only colorway of those shoes I liked and now I have to cop a stupid *** all blue pair of XI's to get them.  Dumb.

i think it's a placebo effect having air bag inside. Seriously, many Adidas basketball shoes with good cushioning does not incorporate air bags at all.
Air cushion is not a guarantee for the best cushioning for athletic shoes.
get over it people! ^^

i think it's a placebo effect having air bag inside. Seriously, many Adidas basketball shoes with good cushioning does not incorporate air bags at all.
get over it people! ^^

Thank you. Someone finally said it. Completely agree.

get over it people! ^^

Exactly what I was saying about the heel cushion comparing the xx8 and xx9. My TMac5 still has great cushions.

I hope it does come as a pack and drives people away I'd rock the white n blue xx9 n can't hurt to have those xi

It's amazing to me how many posts I see in the 11 thread of "count me in". I mean for me just hearing the words "five hundred dollar pack" is enough to turn me right away. I don't care if it was a 500 dollar pack of royal 1s and black/red 1s, or a 500 dollar pack of concords and space jams, or a 500 dollar pack of doernbecher 5s and doernbecher 4s, or a 500 dollar pack of.... you get the point. I am never giving nike 500 dollars for 2 shoes. period. They would have to add a 3rd and I would have to like them ALL to even think about shelling out 500 at once.

I see were ur coming from n I'm not mad at that.. But i Woodnt mind those xx9 r the 500$ worth no, r they 225-250 that I can see, but 250 for 11 is a lot but still reasonable (I'm in a generous mood now normally I would say that's crazy) so this pack seams ok if it's really a pack.. Way better then that Brazil pack lol

People in the Pantone 11 thread are losing their lunch over this news.

I'll try for the pack. That's the XX9 colorway I was hoping for anyway.

It's amazing to me how many posts I see in the 11 thread of "count me in". I mean for me just hearing the words "five hundred dollar pack" is enough to turn me right away. I don't care if it was a 500 dollar pack of royal 1s and black/red 1s, or a 500 dollar pack of concords and space jams, or a 500 dollar pack of doernbecher 5s and doernbecher 4s, or a 500 dollar pack of.... you get the point. I am never giving nike 500 dollars for 2 shoes. period. They would have to add a 3rd and I would have to like them ALL to even think about shelling out 500 at once.
Pure insanity and hype brother, that is just unreasonable, dropping half a grant on a pack I will never do, no matter what kicks are inside, they better be walking on their own if they cost that much. 

View media item 1196064I'm IN.

I don't see any difference among the folks who chose to buy both XX9 releases ($450+) and those who will buy this pack.
Only $50 difference and it's an automatic profit if you sold either pair from this pack.

Back
Top Bottom