Official Air Max ‘96, Air Max 96 II Thread

lol what whould you have expect ?? that nike will create a whole new air unit mould for the AM96 retros so that the retro air units will be the same as the OGs

Yes. I expected (hoped) Nike would use a smaller volume air bag in the “design”of the 96 air bag which didn’t have tuned pillars in it.

Example like how the design of the 95 air bag is still similar. 25 on the outside and 5 in the center even though it’s a smaller volume air bag.

They did a proper looking Tuned Max just recently. They spent the money on that. I doubt the forefoot air was also sitting around the warehouse as it’s not the one used in the 95/96. So clearly they will develop air bags for specific shoes.
EBD0CB44-4031-47B5-8F0C-E97D69A9BC65.jpeg

Last edited:
its not a trend, its already been done before back in the 90s, its nothing strange or weird about it imo

Eh I don’t recall selling women’s color ways to men when I worked at Champs in the 90s+ (over 10 years)

I don’t understand the current trend of wearing traditional women’s color ways of retro shoes.

If I didn't know better I would've thought they were a mens color way, the 90s used a lot of bright colors so I think its just the nostalgia behind it that makes it appealing as well. I think of the purple pink skylons, blue and pink hauaraches, Agassi ATC air max 180

They're shoes. If you're an 11 and find a dope women's pair in 12.5, why on earth would you NOT wear them? It's not like putting on a dress, which is also fine if that's how you roll, they're literally the same as every other Nike you own but with a different number on the tag, and often in better colors. You're gonna miss out on that over what, exactly? To each their own and all, but that makes less than zero sense to me.

And honestly, the colorways are sometimes just better. This is the only pair of correlates I have, because they're the only pair I saw and felt like I needed. They only ever came out in womens sizing, should I have let that stop me from copping? It's not like they're heels, they're effing air max.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-224131_GOAT.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-224131_GOAT.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 159
And honestly, the colorways are sometimes just better. This is the only pair of correlates I have, because they're the only pair I saw and felt like I needed. They only ever came out in womens sizing, should I have let that stop me from copping? It's not like they're heels, they're effing air max.
The fact that they are Correlates should have stopped you from copping.

Last edited:
Women's OGs and both Sheryl Swoopes models did pretty big for men in the 90s.

I woulda copped the retros myself if they had gone up to my size.

Not in our store. Men’s were men’s and women’s were women’s. Nobody deviated. Now maybe shoes back then we’re made different for each sex. Now days you have more unisex offerings. I’m just saying it wasn’t that way back then. So to me, it seems strange. I have to be honest when I see someone copping a women’s color way I have to chuckle each time. But everyone is entitled to their own.

Either way Nike using the Tuned Air Max bag is disgraceful. And where is the actual 96 model retro?

Women definitely have better colorways and to ARK ARK 's point, when I worked at Lady's Footlocker, Footlocker, and Kids Footlocker from 98-2001, I can't recall men buying women's shoes HOWEVER there were several pairs of Air Max 95's and Air Max Plus that were women's colorways that I wished were my size so I could cop them. These Air Max Plus come to mind. I called every Lady's Footlocker in the state of Ohio when they came out to see if they had my size.
P0.jpg

They did a proper looking Tuned Max just recently. They spent the money on that. I doubt the forefoot air was also sitting around the warehouse as it’s not the one used in the 95/96. So clearly they will develop air bags for specific shoes.
i doubt that nike will spent money to develop the air units for the air tuned max, nike is a cheapskate company first class they cut corners and save money on production costs wherever they can, my theory is that they probably approached a few replica factories in asia that manufactures air tuned max reps, (the first reps from the air tuned max were already available in the early 2000's) nike let the factories do a few sample batches to see which factory can supply the best looking shoes, then offering the best replica factory a big fat bag of money to manufacture authorized nike shoes, supply the rep factory with high quality materials and voila, the air tuned max retros are born, thats probably also the reason why the shape from the air tuned max and the amp tn2 looks so close to the OGs because nike didnt have the chance to tweak the shape from the shoes and cut corners while for the AM96 they will need to build it from scratch and that means there is more room for them to apply money saving tactics during the development process to the silhouette due to the fact that there are no rep factories pumping out fake AM96s, they say when you cant beat them just join them

Women definitely have better colorways and to ARK ARK 's point, when I worked at Lady's Footlocker, Footlocker, and Kids Footlocker from 98-2001, I can't recall men buying women's shoes HOWEVER there were several pairs of Air Max 95's and Air Max Plus that were women's colorways that I wished were my size so I could cop them. These Air Max Plus come to mind. I called every Lady's Footlocker in the state of Ohio when they came out to see if they had my size.
P0.jpg
Preach....
The Pool Air Max 95s come to mind in this category

P0.jpg

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

so April 21st for USA, haven’t seen the cherry pair on Nike app yet just goldenrods

The fact that they are Correlates should have stopped you from copping.

Fair, but I still don't understand why Correlates get the hate that they do. To each their own and all, but I think they're a good looking shoe! That's the point of this **** though, right? Wear what you like. Personally I think the Correlates look like a cross between a 90 and those triax 91s that just came back out, but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Plus, I've always been a fan of the weird, not as popular air max models. I don't have 20 plus pairs of any like I do 1s or 90s, but I do have a single pair of a LOT of them. This pair comes to mind as well, I don't even remember what they're called but still love them regardless.

Wear what you like, eff what anyone else thinks about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210408-214711_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210408-214711_Gallery.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 180
And to get back to the topic at hand, I'd absolutely take the Correlates I posted OR these other weird ones over any 96 colorway I've ever seen. Shoes aren't cool because other people say they are, do you and don't apologize for it.

Fair, but I still don't understand why Correlates get the hate that they do. To each their own and all, but I think they're a good looking shoe! That's the point of this **** though, right? Wear what you like. Personally I think the Correlates look like a cross between a 90 and those triax 91s that just came back out, but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Plus, I've always been a fan of the weird, not as popular air max models. I don't have 20 plus pairs of any like I do 1s or 90s, but I do have a single pair of a LOT of them. This pair comes to mind as well, I don't even remember what they're called but still love them regardless.

Wear what you like, eff what anyone else thinks about it.
Pretty sure these are EVOs, now that I think about it. Maybe not, though! That's my point, wear what you like regardless of whether they're a known thing that other people have decided are cool, or a completely unknown model you don't even remember the name of. Dunks and Js are great, but there's a lot better models out there if you just look. I'm fine laughing along with correlate jokes, but the real joke is the people missing out on a great sneaker because no one told them they were cool and worth wearing.

Do we think this rumoured supreme collab may signal an OG 96 retro like they did with tailwind 4? Hope so!!!

Back
Top Bottom