Official Air Max 97 Thread

Maaaan UBIQ in DC pulled a fast one. Told me on Saturday to just show up on RD and id be good. Called today to confirm and these mo fos said they did a raffle and unless i could get there in 5 mins. im short. smh 
mean.gif

Maaaan UBIQ in DC pulled a fast one. Told me on Saturday to just show up on RD and id be good. Called today to confirm and these mo fos said they did a raffle and unless i could get there in 5 mins. im short. smh :smh:

They advertised it as a raffle on both their IG and Twitter accounts

They advertised it as a raffle on both their IG and Twitter accounts
I feel you on that. But i went IN the store and was told something diff. I guess the employees were misinformed. Looks like Ill be getting these from one of these UK sites

I feel you on that. But i went IN the store and was told something diff. I guess the employees were misinformed. Looks like Ill be getting these from one of these UK sites

Yea idk who u was talking to from there but they even did a raffle on the sbs.I just picked up a ticket from there dudes were lining up to sign up.Sad to say that's the only place I know getting em in this area.Wish I knew more or dare I say it even a FCFS...Chances are looking slim View media item 2436727

Last edited:
SBs were crazy hard in LA. Places sold out before the stores even opened. I saw people running with bags from nike to footlocker in santa monica. Places like undftd backdoor pairs and usually have lines way before they open. These golds going to be problem.

Yea this looks like a hassle and a half. Still want em so Ima try. But a Sunday? When was the last Sunday release?

Only Local Spot Getting These Posted Earlier In The Week They'd Be Releasing Them This Thursday As Per Original Release Date. Checked Back Today And Their Post Was Removed From Social Media. Gave Em A Shout And They Said They Had To Push Their Release Date Back Due To A Delayed Shipmen :smh:

These Aint Gonna Be Easy :rolleyes

On SNKRS, will the price pop up right at release time if you're looking at the shoe in your feed or do you have to constantly refresh? I've had times where it seemed to take a full minute to open for purchase.

On SNKRS, will the price pop up right at release time if you're looking at the shoe in your feed or do you have to constantly refresh? I've had times where it seemed to take a full minute to open for purchase.
It should change automatically, however some may experience more of a delay than others. 

It should refresh itself, but I go back and forth to make it refresh the page once the clock strikes the top of the hour. Sometimes it delays a few seconds, but no more than 5 seconds I'd say.

It should refresh itself, but I go back and forth to make it refresh the page once the clock strikes the top of the hour. Sometimes it delays a few seconds, but no more than 5 seconds I'd say.

What about the app compared to the web page? Any difference or advantage on either one?

I have zero confidence in the 'speed method' regarding SNKRS.  I've been insanely fast on SNKRS desktop (I have my cursor already over where my size will populate) and strike out.  While waiting, and eventually striking out, I'll go on my iPad a whole 30 or more seconds after it goes live, and wind-up seeing the 'GOT EM.'

I think its luck of the draw as long as you attempt relatively close to the drop.  And BTW, I don't have a super-fast connection.  So with a 15 ping, and 80/90 Mbps, AND a 30 second delay after drop, I've copped.  Vapormax OG would be one example.

Last edited:

What about the app compared to the web page? Any difference or advantage on either one?

App used to be the quickest way for me, but recently it pinwheels a while when pressing the button, and then also after pressing buy. I think desktop is now quicker. I can enter my password first by logging in. SNKRS app will ask for password or Touch ID to confirm purchase. Just my opinion though. This is going to go quick on Thursday.

What's up with these Euro sites? It seems like they all increased the price for this release, all over $200. I was looking at one spot where I copped the SBs for about $190 and the Golds are $202.

What's up with these Euro sites? It seems like they all increased the price for this release, all over $200. I was looking at one spot where I copped the SBs for about $190 and the Golds are $202.
Yup.  I had mentioned that earlier.  I'm done with the EU sites.  They know we (US) use them to make copping a little easier, and now they seem to be charging a premium.  I paid $50 over retail for a pair recently, and that was excluding the VAT.  Used to be sneakers were sometimes slightly cheaper from overseas.   Not now.  I would rather deal with bargaining down a reseller here (US) if it comes to it.

Between the up-pricing, in-store first, raffles, and issues with canceled orders, it's not worth the hassle.  

Another option is to use a forwarding service.  This way I believe you can order right off the foreign Nike site (at retail).  Not sure, but I've done it for other sites.  If you catch a special, or find a company with good rates, that can be a viable option if you don't have family or friends overseas with an address to use.

Last edited:

Yup.  I had mentioned that earlier.  I'm done with the EU sites.  They know we (US) use them to make copping a little easier, and now they seem to be charging a premium.  I paid $50 over retail for a pair recently, and that was excluding the VAT.  Used to be sneakers were sometimes slightly cheaper from overseas.   Not now.  I would rather deal with bargaining down a reseller here (US) if it comes to it.

Between the up-pricing, in-store first, raffles, and issues with canceled orders, it's not worth the hassle.  

Another option is to use a forwarding service.  This way I believe you can order right off the foreign Nike site (at retail).  Not sure, but I've done it for other sites.  If you catch a special, or find a company with good rates, that can be a viable option if you don't have family or friends overseas with an address to use.
I got my second pair of SBs from JD Sports UK for ~$180 shipped. Basically, $10 over what I would have paid from SNKRS. 

lurked a bit, but somewhat new to the scene. what's good

Just checked ig. According to some posts: Bait, Undefeated, Bows and Arrows are getting em in store 5/18. Assuming it's FCFS. Might be your best bet if near by. If not, good luck cookin online! Hopefully everyone that wants a pair eats. 

IG post links just FYI: 

Undefeated:  

BAIT:

Bows and Arrows

I got my second pair of SBs from JD Sports UK for ~$180 shipped. Basically, $10 over what I would have paid from SNKRS. 
Very fair price.  Much better than some that already have the golds at $199 + ship.

Last edited:
lurked a bit, but somewhat new to the scene. what's good

just checked ig: Bait, Undefeated, and Bows and Arrows are getting em in store 5/18

Might be your best bet if you're near by. If not, good luck coppin online! Hopefully everyone who wants a pair eats

Back
Top Bottom