Official Air Max 97 Thread

My apologies upfront if this question has been mentioned prior... but since the skeptas are Ultras, they should run a little bigger than the regular 97s correct? When I look at them they look more like the regular model 97 rather than an ultra so it’s hard for me to make the judgement lol
The ultra part of Skeptas is only the midsole. Upper body is traditional.

Skeptas fit your normal Nike TTS. At least in my experience there’s no need to size up with them.

For wide footers, 1/2 up.

If Air Force 1, Air Jordan 2/3/4/5/6/7...... fit 100% TTS for you, then you are wide footer.

example: my size 9.5 Jordan 3s fit me 100% fit, I had to wear size 10 AirMax97

My apologies upfront if this question has been mentioned prior... but since the skeptas are Ultras, they should run a little bigger than the regular 97s correct? When I look at them they look more like the regular model 97 rather than an ultra so it’s hard for me to make the judgement lol

My Skeps are the same size as all of my OG 97s with the exception of the SBs which I went another half size up on. Skeps 11 SBs 11.5 (My TTs is 10.5).

Men 97s are really two pieces of lightweight bricks

I know people will say if you looking at softness\performance, you are looking at the wrong shoe

but for a sneaker that has that much air, literally whole shoe, isnt it sarcastic midsole being that hard?
I know we are walking on polyurathane filled plastic struts but........man

how many miles do I have to run to make this soft?
or how many hours playing basketball? I
I might just start playing basketball in my 97TNs
and admit my ABs & Pumice 97s are bricks

Men 97s are really two pieces of lightweight bricks

I know people will say if you looking at softness\performance, you are looking at the wrong shoe

but for a sneaker that has that much air, literally whole shoe, isnt it sarcastic midsole being that hard?
I know we are walking on polyurathane filled plastic struts but........man

how many miles do I have to run to make this soft?
or how many hours playing basketball? I
I might just start playing basketball in my 97TNs
and admit my ABs & Pumice 97s are bricks

I just got my silver bullets in and I agree wholeheartedly. I never had a pair of 97s and it was surprising how uncomfortable they are. They fit TTS so I def cant go up a 1/2 size. I'll probably just get a better insole like othere have said.

Well but only a few of us will be able to cop
Best guess 80% of us will take L’s just like this morning the AF-1 drop
When there's a will, there's a way. Rumors stock was going to be bountiful so who knows what the drop in March will be like.

Reactions: PJS
PJS PJS The more you wear them, the better they'll feel. They still won't be as comfy as UB's, but after breaking them in, I can wear them all day without any type of fatigue.
im yet to see
there was one version AM1 that is soft polyurethane, called newsprint
i wonder if 97TN will become soft like that AM1

Air Max has never felt comfy to me. Ever.

Zoom >>>
thats right
my zoom all outs are super soft.

AM2016 is hard. I tried on jumped around and found out cushioning is not great
AM2017 is somewhat soft due to softer outsole rubber.

Last edited:
Air Max doesn't feel "comfortable" because they don't provide any sort of "feedback" cushioning, unlike systems like Zoom or Boost. Air Max is all about shock absortion. Imagine a shoe like the Adidas Phantom - the cushion in that shoe comes from the air in the midsole escaping the holes and thereby dampening your step. It's the same with an Air Max Bag - when you step down the bag gets put under stress and expands horizontally.
The "springy" feeling you get from Zoom and Boost is there because the materials spring back to their original form immediately after stress has been put on them. Air Max aren't meant to be felt, they are exactly meant to NOT feel anything on the ground while wearing them. You realize how comfortable Air Max actually is if you wear sneakers like Chucks, Jordan 1s or Superstars all day long, it's all a matter of what you compare it to.

Air Max doesn't feel "comfortable" because they don't provide any sort of "feedback" cushioning, unlike systems like Zoom or Boost. Air Max is all about shock absortion. Imagine a shoe like the Adidas Phantom - the cushion in that shoe comes from the air in the midsole escaping the holes and thereby dampening your step. It's the same with an Air Max Bag - when you step down the bag gets put under stress and expands horizontally.
The "springy" feeling you get from Zoom and Boost is there because the materials spring back to their original form immediately after stress has been put on them. Air Max aren't meant to be felt, they are exactly meant to NOT feel anything on the ground while wearing them. You realize how comfortable Air Max actually is if you wear sneakers like Chucks, Jordan 1s or Superstars all day long, it's all a matter of what you compare it to.

This. 97s provide a lot of support.

Compared to zoom, boost, bounce, hell even phylon...they're bricks. But bricks are the foundation. I'll be the first to admit however, that if these weren't such an incredible design I would never wear them.

Do the other colorways for the 97's fit the same as the SBs? I had to go up a .5 size in those

Reactions: PJS
Do the other colorways for the 97's fit the same as the SBs? I had to go up a .5 size in those

Yeah they all fit the same unless it’s an ultra in which case you can go tts or down according to other people

Not sure why you’d think diff colours would have diff fits it’s all the same model...

Does AM97 have same fitting with the Ultra?

If you are wide footer (AF-1 & Air Jordan retro fit you 100% perfect)
My case, sz 9.5

Stay the same as your regular sizing as regular and don’t go down 1/2
My AM97s, sz 10

For narrow footers I really don’t know sorry.

Back
Top Bottom