Official Air Max 97 Thread

57036973-C270-4636-9FE0-627F731D4B02.gif
so basically you have confirmed that you're an hypebeast :rofl:

What's everyone's opinion on Ultras? They're non-phylon, so no crumbling right?
Can't answer for crumbling, I bought 2 Ultra 97, they're nice to wear when it rains, but if it's sunny I don't wear them, materials from OG more stylish, even if Ultra look good.
I bought them in order to have 2 97 beaters for bad weather. I took the same size than from the OG.

Last time I popped my head in here was for the Silver Bullet restock, I remember there being talks about another restock on the Gold ones? Those still happening or was the Italian Gold that release?

A little while ago I posted on here, asking if I should get Hematites or Black Fridays as my Black 97 of choice. Well I ended up getting them both in to have a look at with the plan being to send one of them back....but when I got them in hand I just couldn't do it. Two absolutely fiery shoes when seen in the flesh.

20180224_154355.jpg
20180224_154518.jpg
20180224_154724.jpg
20180224_154846.jpg
20180224_155050.jpg

20180224_155107.jpg

Attachments

• 20180224_155107.jpg
    20180224_155107.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 5
What's everyone's opinion on Ultras? They're non-phylon, so no crumbling right?
Most NTers in this thread either dislike or laugh at Ultras.

I like Ultras. They will never crumble.
Some new Ultras upper look cool. Especially that spiral pattern.

Original look great too, well you live only once, so let them crumble in 7 years, you buy another pair.
4937E909-4DD1-462B-ACF0-52732BB18FA6.jpeg

Until you are 50 years old, and retro sneakers are just cooler dad shoes.

A little while ago I posted on here, asking if I should get Hematites or Black Fridays as my Black 97 of choice. Well I ended up getting them both in to have a look at with the plan being to send one of them back....but when I got them in hand I just couldn't do it. Two absolutely fiery shoes when seen in the flesh.
After grabbing four pairs in the past week, your pics just made me have the hematites be my fifth. Thanks

I don't understand...what is the specific problem with Ultras? These below are really nice and if they are Ultras then I can't see how they are a different build to an OG 97. What am I missing here?
I think because of materials, they are less stylish even if they are beautiful and if I like the 2 ones I got, I bought them because of bad weather...If there were only sunny days might don't need them.

I hear ya. Nike have been on fire for over a year now and it's tough to keep up with pace of it all. I really should unsub from these threads. :lol:
I did this for a lot of Air Max threads, it comes a time you have to focus to not ruin yourself :rofl:

Yes they are both fire.

So I've tried unsuccessfully to try to find a pair of Silver Bullets for close to retail. This has probably been asked in this thread before, so forgive me, but how to the womens and men's pair compare? From pictures they look like they are pretty much the same shoe. I'm a men's 9, can I just get a womens 10.5 and call it a day? They are more reasonably priced for sure.

So I've tried unsuccessfully to try to find a pair of Silver Bullets for close to retail. This has probably been asked in this thread before, so forgive me, but how to the womens and men's pair compare? From pictures they look like they are pretty much the same shoe. I'm a men's 9, can I just get a womens 10.5 and call it a day? They are more reasonably priced for sure.
They're the same shoe. 1.5 size up

jetson2333 jetson2333 what size are you looking for?

I have a few extra sz13’s but since you’re asking about wmns I’ll assume you wear a smaller size than I.

lmk what size you need and I’ll keep an eye out

frankwh1te frankwh1te

Thanks, but you're correct, I'm looking for a mens 9. Womens 10.5. I actually had a mens 10 that I was trying to trade for my size, but got no interest at all, so I just sold them and was hoping to find a 9 for around the same price. For whatever reason, my size is way more expensive than pretty much every other size unfortunately. I appreciate the offer though. Now that I know the womens version is really the same shoe, I'm hoping that will help.

Back
Top Bottom