Official Air Max 97 Thread

Throw the hype away for a second and look at it purely on aesthetic and design merits. When I first saw it, I thought that the the two swooshes were a little awkward, competing with each-other a bit (even thought I know why he did it), but I couldn't help but feel that the material choices, execution of the hybrid and color palate were really refreshing and different. As the details like the velcro wave, the velour inside, the have a nike day smile, the tabs on the heel/font and gold/silver aglets surfaced, you could tell that a lot of thought went into the personality of the shoe. It felt friendly, retro, fun. If you've read shoe dog and the way phil knight talks about early nike days and the run clubs...there was a lightness to the brand, a feel-good vibe before it became a corporate monster. Ironically, its the same monster that's generated all this hype, but again, hype aside, this shoe has a character thats totally different than anything else that's come out in a long time. It's almost like the anti trend sneaker, and for that I really like it, even if its gotten blown up to a degree that its a headache for most.

Last edited:
Throw the hype away for a second and look at it purely on aesthetic and design merits. When I first saw it, I thought that the the two swooshes were a little awkward, competing with each-other a bit (even thought I know why he did it), but I couldn't help but feel that the material choices, execution of the hybrid and color palate were really refreshing and different. As the details like the velcro wave, the velour inside, the have a nike day smile, the tabs on the heel and front surfaced, gold/silver aglets, you could tell that a lot of thought went into the personality of the shoe. It felt friendly, retro, fun. If you've read shoe dog and the way phil knight talks about early nike days and the run clubs...there was a lightness to the brand, a feel-good vibe before it became a corporate monster. Ironically, its the same monster that's generated all this hype, but again, hype aside, this shoe has a character thats totally different than anything else that's come out in a long time. It's almost like the anti trend sneaker, and for that I really like it, even if its gotten blown up to a degree that its a headache for most.
Nice synopsis. I feel like you nailed it.

I like having it in my collection because it has such a drastically different vibe than the rest. And you perfectly described what that vibe is.

well said bigevan23 bigevan23

for me these were a must have even though I despise everything roundtwo & Sean represent in today’s current resale environment.

the air max 1 & 97 are my favorite air max silhouettes besides the BW so combining them was really a thing of beauty imo

add the materials and the fact that this is a sneaker that actually gets better w/age & wear...homerun for me

well said bigevan23 bigevan23

for me these were a must have even though I despise everything roundtwo & Sean represent in today’s current resale environment.

the air max 1 & 97 are my favorite air max silhouettes besides the BW so combining them was really a thing of beauty imo

add the materials and the fact that this is a sneaker that actually gets better w/age & wear...homerun for me
yep...same across the board.
favs are am1/97
hate R2 and SW's ******** w resale
love that they'll age gracefully

I swear i dont understand the love for the SW's frfr.

That colorway is uber wack

Yall infatuated with exclusivity

If they dropped sum normal no named 97/1's. They would be discount

My opinions
If they dropped this exact pair as a GR. I would have 5 pair instead of two! Lol They colors just work for me and the fact thats its on a hybrid shoe makes it even better. The sole reminds me of the Patta Cherrywoods too which is a huge plus!

5411989673_96f3bc9b9c_b.jpg

cyno7p6bmin01.jpg

For some reason I thought cherrywoods were corduroy...

If they dropped this exact pair as a GR. I would have 5 pair instead of two! Lol They colors just work for me and the fact thats its on a hybrid shoe makes it even better. The sole reminds me of the Patta Cherrywoods too which is a huge plus!
I diggy. Just not my cup of dope.

✊mo power to u if u wear em n freak em

I have the True Sf 97’s :nthat:
all time best 97 other than silver bullets & metallic golds imo

those, cherrywood & chlorophylls are what Teen Wolf & his clique drew inspiration from when designing the neckbeards along w/the corduroy hats Nike made in the mid/late 80’s

I mean voted compared 2 what? The other entries must have been even weaker, for suxh a pastel colorway to become popular.

I mean i get the fact the materials make it LOOK and seem more quality than most but still they just seem bland as a colorway 2 me.

But if u can freak em mo power to u and anybody else that got or wants em.

For a sneaker you claim you don't like you sure seem to care a lot about them and what others like.

If you don't like the sneaker why devote more time discussing them? Why don't you discuss a sneaker you do like. There's hundreds of other sneakers to discuss.

I didn't like those acronym Vapor Max. Should I go and lecture people on what they decided to purchase?

Are you trying to convince us why we bought them or trying to convince yourself?

People do this same lame stuff in Yeezy, Jordan and every limited topic. But thanks for the insightful original thoughts we've never heard before. You've added a lot.

For a sneaker you claim you don't like you sure seem to care a lot about them and what others like.

If you don't like the sneaker why devote more time discussing them? Why don't you discuss a sneaker you do like. There's hundreds of other sneakers to discuss.

I didn't like those acronym Vapor Max. Should I go and lecture people on what they decided to purchase?

Are you trying to convince us why we bought them or trying to convince yourself?

People do this same lame stuff in Yeezy, Jordan and every limited topic. But thanks for the insightful original thoughts we've never heard before. You've added a lot.
I mean this is a sneaker forum but u knew that so discussing likes or dislikes is allowee especially if the 97 thread seems to be all about 1 shoe at the moment.

With yo sucka slick mouth. Tf u talkin about what im talkin bout instead of shoes dork. Im in the realm of the forum whether i like or dislike. I also wasnt talkin down on nobody for liking them as apparently u can read. So hop off my tip

Ok I’m in for Silver Bullets Vapormax
If the shoe is too flashy I’ll return....

And I’ll try to catch a deal.

My Vapormax Plus Photo Blues were $170 from Oneness287.

Back
Top Bottom