Official Air Max 97 Thread

79EF5875-D9DE-4982-9E5D-939AACD602F3.jpeg
Here’s my pic that I posted in the Air Max Plus thread
is this Foxworthy or Blossom Hill RF?

got the gold am 97s and AMP in the same size. Had to put a beer bottle in the AMP to stretch the toe area

may do it to the 97s too. The gold am97s fit noticably tighter in the toe than my white 97s (GR)

I'm sure it's been discussed in here...

I've recently begun buying Nike/Jordan again after a few nostalgic purchases ended up having decent to good quality leather compared to the plastic shoes from the mid 2000s to early 2010s.

AM97s are my favorite Air Maxes; Still, there's no way in hell people ran in these back in the day if THIS is how they were made.

I walked one mile in a pair of 97s yesterday and my legs are killing me! It's not just that pair; all of the 97s I bought last year are extremely stiff. I wear dress shoes/boots often and have walked a mile or two in them before, and my legs/feet felt fine afterwards. It makes no sense that a leather sole shoe is more supportive of my legs/feet than a shoe designed for running.

I'm curious why Nike decided to improve the uppers but countered it with this ridiculous "cushioning". I'll still wear them since I'm a sucker for the look, but still...

I had some 97s back in the mid 2000s that had so-so quality, but I don't remember them being rock hard like this.

I'm sure it's been discussed in here...

I've recently begun buying Nike/Jordan again after a few nostalgic purchases ended up having decent to good quality leather compared to the plastic shoes from the mid 2000s to early 2010s.

AM97s are my favorite Air Maxes; Still, there's no way in hell people ran in these back in the day if THIS is how they were made.

I walked one mile in a pair of 97s yesterday and my legs are killing me! It's not just that pair; all of the 97s I bought last year are extremely stiff. I wear dress shoes/boots often and have walked a mile or two in them before, and my legs/feet felt fine afterwards. It makes no sense that a leather sole shoe is more supportive of my legs/feet than a shoe designed for running.

I'm curious why Nike decided to improve the uppers but countered it with this ridiculous "cushioning". I'll still wear them since I'm a sucker for the look, but still...

I had some 97s back in the mid 2000s that had so-so quality, but I don't remember them being rock hard like this.
This goes for all retro Nikes. Even Jordans. All terribly uncomfortable.

This goes for all retro Nikes. Even Jordans. All terribly uncomfortable.

I actually found some of the recent AF1s and Jordans to be more cushioned than the ones I bought in the past. Back in the 2000s I used to take out the old AF1 insoles and put in Dr Scholls cause my feet used to be on fire after just wearing them at school :lol:

I should probably do the same for the 97s and all the other uncomfortable AMs I've purchased.

Back
Top Bottom