Official Air Max 97 Thread

UPS with the late night delivery at 10:55pm last night..Happy to add these to the collection.

5FF1E3E8-499B-487B-AB87-699B9358DDBC.jpeg
4DDCCE7E-3C1D-43CC-90E2-7BE9E643DBC9.jpeg
F42B1EFE-0A02-4368-92FC-FFA5E28567F6.jpeg
899F3D49-13A1-4469-8830-A08EF3150E15.jpeg
04347757-335F-4D95-A162-C7CFCA23BEBF.jpeg

Got luck, went to Nike's website and succeed to buy Air Max 97 OG Japan !

Love when you first sleep on a model, then don't know about some retail and finally got them, perfect day :smile:

(Japan, US and Italy camo are fire...And I'm waiting for the new Ultra's black lines...)

Nike did a really good job with colorways for the 20 years

96682442-2F7E-416C-86CD-358A6AFDA5EC.jpeg
These Japan/Camo QS exclusives are amazing dropping Saturday 9/12/17 at Atmos Tokyo

these are Japans?

Got luck, went to Nike's website and succeed to buy Air Max 97 OG Japan !

Love when you first sleep on a model, then don't know about some retail and finally got them, perfect day :smile:

(Japan, US and Italy camo are fire...And I'm waiting for the new Ultra's black lines...)

Nike did a really good job with colorways for the 20 years
Oh where did it release? EU? Not US right?

HOW DO THE ULTRAS FIT
according to my experience, same as Regular 97s

I have put in my foot and returned a pair of Ultras.
something in there wraps your foot as if you are hurt, and I am glad I go size 10 (because of my wide foot) instead of my 9.5 on Air Jordans.

Last edited:
PJS PJS Yes EU, I only got one Ultra 97 in 10.5, and I got 97's in 11 and also in 10.5, I feel comfortable in Ultra, I don't really understand all the comments about uncomfortable 97's seem to be, Ultras or not. Only thing I would complain if I have to is about how you slide when it rains but as far as we are not supposed to wear some shoes when it rains...

PJS PJS Yes EU, I only got one Ultra 97 in 10.5, and I got 97's in 11 and also in 10.5, I feel comfortable in Ultra, I don't really understand all the comments about uncomfortable 97's seem to be, Ultras or not. Only thing I would complain if I have to is about how you slide when it rains but as far as we are not supposed to wear some shoes when it rains...

Yep polyurethanes are hydrophobic

97s midsole are hard and not shock absorbent
That is the problem.... when you see such a big air pad, you imagine fluffy softness

Instead, its just a cosmetic airbag
I have to say even Jordan 4 Motorsports are softer than 97s

Nike Zoom All Out has the softness that I need
Might get LeBron 15s as well due to their zoom-max airbag

PJS PJS When I first bought Air Max it was AM90 for the style, then 95's I think, and about them, style and cushioning, and I found them comfortable. Question is, are they comfortable according to me due to less expectations or less knowledge ? Can't tell...Thing I know is as Air Max is concerned, at least as 95 and 97 is concerned, I like to wear sizes bigger than my feet and then lace tight, maybe it plays on the comfort thing. This is a thing I love about these 2 models, the form of the shoe allow you to wear several sizes, it just depends on how you lace them. I didn't find this on AF1 or AM90. Or maybe I'm just trippin'.

Reactions: PJS
My heel slips in both and 11 and 11.5, do I just need to tighten the F out of the laces, what gives?

bigevan23 bigevan23 you got a 12 from fc? Feel like 13’s aren’t available in jp’s cause I’m in the same boat. Tried gusto but he only got up to 12 too
I did i went with a 12 - gusto said they ran a little big (like the skeptas) so i'll see if i can rock em loose. I'm a 12.5 so here to hoping. The price was 325 when i checked out. Worth the gamble for me - fairly confident i can get my money back via stock x or a trade.

My guess is there will be no size 31 (13 us) from japan. I've seen this movie before.

yea once I saw chris couldn’t get a 13 I figured I was sol.

I’m a true 13 wide foot too so no chance a 12 will work for me

My heel slips in both and 11 and 11.5, do I just need to tighten the F out of the laces, what gives?

The low heel + stiff midsole = heel slip.

When you put them on, try kicking the heel of your foot all the way back into the shoe and tie them snug. Should be fine then.

Back
Top Bottom