Official Air Max 97 Thread

I totally understand cancelling especially having two pairs of DS silver bullets. The only reason I grabbed this pair is because I sold my 2017 pair when my wife and I were saving for a home. I had sold damn near everything at the time.

I like them a lot, have had a million Silver Bullets over the years (one of my all-time favorite shoes), and never have had the golds. But it just doesn't make sense for me when it's not a shoe I'm bothered about not having. Same reason I haven't tracked down another pair of AM1 BBs after getting rid of the pair I got from SNKRS due to one of the toes being kinda messed up.

What's the lowest we've seen SB and GB go for? I may have dragged my feet on these hope I didn't miss the sales..

Anyone have a side by side comparison of the ‘23 silver bullets replicas vs authentic?

Fakes are pretty easy to spot (at least from the last version). Here is a pair that GOAT sent me.

EC0174E0-B1D6-4420-9460-3E1EE6818CC6.jpeg

9B13A7C3-96C0-44F3-9977-5DEF912412EA.jpeg

F2F8E1CA-EA0C-49DE-BA14-6B653A4E34EE.jpeg

i didnt mean replicas
maybe variant wasnt the word to use
i meant more so models like the ultras
I don’t believe there are any ultras that have come out this year . I’m not positive though . I don’t keep up with ultras or anything like that

Anyone need Persian Violets in an 11?.... don't have a need for them. Rocked them once (going to post it in the b/s forum for eternal damnation soon).. would be way under retail.

How uncomfortable are the 97s?
Just ordered a pair and after placing an order everyone saying it’s the most uncomfortable AMs.
I wanted to try a new model of AMs since my 95s are close to being beaters

Just ordered a pair and after placing an order everyone saying it’s the most uncomfortable AMs.
AM90s to me are the most comfortable retro of the old AMs. But 97s aren’t any worse than 95s.

They aren't truly uncomfortable, everything is relative. Compared to something like the AM90/III retros or something with Zoom, or other AM (or whatever) models with squishy midsoles to go along with their Air bags, then yeah, you can call them "bricks." Totally fair. But compared to something like standard Dunks or Chucks and tons of other barely cushioned shoes, it's a different story. I've walked in 97s for miles for entire days and I'm absolutely fine. It's just that there are other shoes that are a lot better-cushioned.

Expectation is also part of the problem with 97s, I think. You see that full-length Air midsole, and you think, man, those things must be bouncy. But then you put them on and find they aren't. Most of the underfoot support comes for the "pillars" inside the Air bag, not the "air" itself. The bag popped on one of my pairs of 2017 Silver Bullets, and I could barely tell something was different compared to before it popped. I didn't even know it was popped till I looked down one day and saw it---just walking in them didn't indicate to me that anything had changed LOL. Once I realized it and started pushing down on the one shoe compared to the other as I stood there, sure, it was a tiny bit different. But it was basically of no consequence.

Gold bullets for $111 from oneness

Price reflected at checkout. I pulled the trigger. Gold bullets for $111? Yea no brainer. Plus for the orange Air Force 1 jewels for $78..
Down to $92 (50% off) as of right now

Anyone need Persian Violets in an 11?.... don't have a need for them. Rocked them once (going to post it in the b/s forum for eternal damnation soon).. would be way under retail.

Didnt i pick up some silver bullets from you recently?

Shoot me a message

Last edited:
Down to $92 (50% off) as of right now
Their discount fluctuates depending on the day. When I got the $111 it was like 6:30 am and by noon same day it was $132. I was gonna wait till Easter to see if they would drop further but I got these and the Air Force 1 jewels for $200 flat. I ain’t greedy that was good enough for me. I hope people take advantage. Great OG Colorways for waaaaaaay under retail? Cop cop cop cop!

But they haven’t even shipped my shoes yet and it’s been about a week almost

Back
Top Bottom