OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Was out in Portland last weekend, visiting a friend that works at Nike,  he gave me some bad news, says we are going to see almost a complete halt to any inline trainer drops....there may be a few colabs here and there like the fragments but besides that there won't be anything new coming for a while.

They just aren't selling well..

I guess it's time to hit the bay and start catching up on stuff I missed...but as Wally pointed out, nothing older than 12 years....
this just makes me sad.  i too will collect up. dis some bullsheet maang...

I hope you told your mate that the colour ways they've dropped are junk.

That's why they aren't selling well.

Originally Posted by Yates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             What we really needed was a Fragment release of the Chlorophyll 1s, just imagine a Chlorophyll with premium materials!!!!
yaaaas.  at1 chlorophyll with reflective 3m. 

bad colorways with bad materials. not really going to draw buyers in like that.

Last edited:
I completely agree with everything you guys have said, too many releases in bad colorways...and if were going to have so many drops why not include some more OG colorways?
What we really needed was a Fragment release of the Chlorophyll 1s, just imagine a Chlorophyll with premium materials!!!!

When I saw the Chino/Rust pair that went along with the Rust/White joints, I fully expected premium Chlorophylls to be the pair that went with the Chlorophyll/White ones.

That's why even though they don't really look bad, that 3M pair was a massive disappointment to me.

Really would rather not get the 2012 version, especially after not catching them when they hit rock bottom at outlets.

Last edited:
My 2012s are decimated. Thats horrible news.

Thing is these things dont pop on the shelf besides all the neon craziness when the kids go in.

They cant see it, until they see someone they think is cool wearing it.

With zero nostalgic attachment and peer pressure at an all time high you are going to get very few new buyers.

The fragment trainers flooding the outlets with fantastic materials IS GOING TO COST US OLD HEADS THAT LIKE OG TRAINERS.
They tried bringing in the new crowd with hype and limited numbers and it bombed for a loss.

This could get ugly

The new generations aint gonna jump on these. Nike might as well focus strictly on us older heads that love these and put out simple og styled cws with nice vintage materials. Make them more limited , a few dollars more expensive. Thats the only way these gonna move. Not everything can be hyped nike.

My 2012s are decimated. Thats horrible news.

Thing is these things dont pop on the shelf besides all the neon craziness when the kids go in.

They cant see it, until they see someone they think is cool wearing it.

With zero nostalgic attachment and peer pressure at an all time high you are going to get very few new buyers.

The fragment trainers flooding the outlets with fantastic materials IS GOING TO COST US OLD HEADS THAT LIKE OG TRAINERS.
They tried bringing in the new crowd with hype and limited numbers and it bombed for a loss.

This could get ugly
The new generations aint gonna jump on these. Nike might as well focus strictly on us older heads that love these and put out simple og styled cws with nice vintage materials. Make them more limited , a few dollars more expensive. Thats the only way these gonna move. Not everything can be hyped nike.
it aint going to happen.  nike aint looking out for us.  nike looking out for number 1.  if this ish falls to the waste side, they'll just pour money into what sells for them.  it sucks.  id hate to see the at1 become the new BW or court force.  

Before I die, please Nike. I beg of you. All the old heads I knew while in college (professors and such) aren't quite as active as they used to be. You missed your window by about 8 years for a true Renaissance with this shoe being at the forefront

gallery-1432131401-nike-air-trainer-1.jpg

Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Mid-Premium-Chlorophyll-1987.jpeg

But there are still people out there that want this to happen.

So before I can no longer walk, or breathe, please release a soft $*% suede upper AT1 high ORIGINAL.

Do what you did with the QS Auburns, or the SC II og c/w set. Release them once. My 2012s still dont feel right. I wear my '14 med balls 90% of the time. I guess that's my only saving grace with this era :frown:

For insurance, I guess I better save my 2000 chlorophylls and look to do some sole swaps :smh:. Or maybe when I'm in my wheelchair, I'll have the nurse throw on some 2000 retros with crumbled soles.

John Mcenroe is still a big part of Nike events. How or why they couldnt get some association/hype built up for even just one simple chlorophyll QS release is beyond me.

----------
Some '93 "retros" in this 1993 dated photo
Wilson93.jpg

Our glory days shouldn't be reminisced in photographic form, or words. That's just BS. Let me wear these !

Last edited:
^ I have that "Total Sports Coverage" pic saved on my phone. Been looking it a lot since J Trainer gave us the bad news.

I wear my '12s. A lot. On pair no. 5 now. They're not the best but it's not like I have any other choices.

You're a better man than me. I am still on pair #1. I got multiples from 6pm awhile back but even then I didnt think they were worth it at all. So I returned them. Pair #1 is holding up fine. but It's never really softened up. Comfort is so so. I do like the overall look on my feet, so thats why I continue wearing. I now would probably want another pair. But I'm not paying $150.. Maybe $65. But that aint happening

Med balls on the other hand. Outlet bound and cheap, but quality actually makes for a comfortable shoe. They soften up nicely. So that release gives me some hope. Or did give me hope before the bad news. Aside from the QS auburns, the med balls may be the second best trainer release of the 2010 era. SC II qs's are very close if not identical in quality. I think the med balls get a bad rep.

Last edited:
I wear my medicine balls at least a few times a month, some of the best retros that have been released in a very long while. Still can't believe that they drop down to that low of a price

The last set of Med Balls killed my feet, specifically the strap + pinky pain. I loved them and appreciated the quality but couldn't tolerate the pain.

Wally, I know what you mean on pricing. Cats are pressing their luck right now lol.

I know this ain't the marketplace but I figured someone in this thread might appreciate more. Anyone want a pair of Size 9.5 "Shima Shima 2" AT1s? They've been worn but no major drag though, some separation coming on, and some paint chipping. NOT CRUMBLING tho. It'll be no cost for the shoes, just pay to cover for shipping/PP fee. I dont have the box or insoles for them either :/. Msg or reply to me if you're interested.

will the half size down (from my tts 10) work with a sole swap?  id hate to junk these things, but i need the mid sole.  its a kind of a dumb question.  its like asking will a size medium tee sleeve work for a size L tee. 

@WallyHopp  

@johngotty

@Modzzilla

Last edited:
The biggest issue I see is the front toe area is stitched to the suede. It'll never be a perfect fit until you get someone to stitch all that together.

FYI. I was wearing my 2004 AT1 low og grey c/w and saw some midsole foam cracking. :smh:
This particular pair seemed to have some bubbling effect going on with a small part of the midsole. aka a soft spot since I first had them. They just finally caved in and started to fall apart. Sad news indeed.

Has anyone ever had a soft spot in a pair of air trainer 1s (or that midsole base). It's about as wide as a dime (radius wise) and Maybe two dimes in height (if it were laid flat). Sort of a pea size defect for sure.

Last edited:
The last set of Med Balls killed my feet, specifically the strap + pinky pain. I loved them and appreciated the quality but couldn't tolerate the pain.

Wally, I know what you mean on pricing. Cats are pressing their luck right now lol.

Had the same issue, after the 10th wear it was gone

The biggest issue I see is the front toe area is stitched to the suede. It'll never be a perfect fit until you get someone to stitch all that together.

FYI. I was wearing my 2004 AT1 low og grey c/w and saw some midsole foam cracking. :smh:
This particular pair seemed to have some bubbling effect going on with a small part of the midsole. aka a soft spot since I first had them. They just finally caved in and started to fall apart. Sad news indeed.

Has anyone ever had a soft spot in a pair of air trainer 1s (or that midsole base). It's about as wide as a dime (radius wise) and Maybe two dimes in height (if it were laid flat). Sort of a pea size defect for sure.

The bag in my one of my cloros has popped inside and makes a hiss.
The midsole compresses hard but doesnt fold up like your pic

may have to give it another go but man it was bad. felt like a chick when they wear high heels lol.

Mine was bad as well, to the point where I seriously considered selling both my used and new pair. But like I said, after the ~10th where it's simply one away on its own

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom