OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Basically.

My first time dealing w/ Nike SB and ISO releases. I don't mind the ISO part.

What's been most frustrating is the lack of info. Seems like Euro shops pop up daily w pairs and info. In the US, it's been like searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack.

still no cancel on my end yet but assume that should come in anytime now. guess i’ll just have to pick up a pair off ebay instead

Basically.

My first time dealing w/ Nike SB and ISO releases. I don't mind the ISO part.

What's been most frustrating is the lack of info. Seems like Euro shops pop up daily w pairs and info. In the US, it's been like searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Canada is even worse. Not a sign of them being released here. And I'm 0/2 from overseas so far

If anyone becomes aware of the SB Chlorophylls in a 9.5 anywhere, please @ me.
Just trying to help a friend. Thanks all.

PO

from left to right:
2000: best quality! Soft real leather and perforations done right! Very close to the OG which I owned back in the days (will retire soon)
2007: my beater pair, still going strong
2012: okayish quality, still DS
2020: my future favourite!

76735C63-DA28-4DA4-8914-99354662B81F.jpeg

3A7699C2-3732-456F-95C2-6F11D4A107D6.jpeg

I also ordered a pair from empire yesterday morning.
Figured I'd try and see if it would go through, no cancellation yet, but we'll see during the week.

Weird thing is, I ordered a pair of Wheat Air Force 1 off Dover Street London, and already got a tracking number this morning.

Is this Nike international shipping ban only for smaller stores or something?

Technical details. They have the heel zoom air sole but beyond that, they're somewhat bricks on your feet. These have never been ultra comfortable. They don't feel less comfortable than any regular at1, so I'm guessing full air is there.

elimmie elimmie good stuff. I agree. 2000s still reign supreme. My 2000s broke down like 6 years ago. My at1 lows from 2004 were shot by 2018. Maybe since I'm a larger frame and weight, these trainers just don't last. Don't let your 2012s turn to dust. Glad I just have one. Maybe I'll get my own comparison shots in soon.

from unwearable (2000 made) to wearable....
BTW, am I the only one that think the straps feel pretty differently from the previous releases?
F584A9A2-B412-47A0-9850-906705D3FC65.jpeg

I’ve never had a pair of these. The medicine ball was the first pair I had in junior high that started my love affair with Nike Air. You guys make me want a pair.

from unwearable (2000 made) to wearable....
BTW, am I the only one that think the straps feel pretty differently from the previous releases?

new strap is definitely thin and flimsy compared to others. haven't worn them yet to determine if that's a good thing on-foot.

Since Nike decided to chance the liner color to white, has anyone though of painting it a light grey to match the grey suede, to make it look more OG? Just curious as I hate the white liners. Gets dirty too quickly.

Painting liners and wearing is a general no no. They don’t usually take paint well. Some dude do it but not often.

For aesthetics the liner of the collar only can be painted, especially in this case bc it is white, and you will get the right color in one thin pass. Heat activated mediums can be added to acrylics to keep the fabrics soft touch. Dealing with darker liners is tricky and can result tacky.

Painting liners and wearing is a general no no. They don’t usually take paint well. Some dude do it but not often.
For aesthetics the liner of the collar only can be painted, especially in this case bc it is white, and you will get the right color in one thin pass. Heat activated mediums can be added to acrylics to keep the fabrics soft touch. Dealing with darker liners is tricky and can result tacky.

Thanks guys. I watched a few known customizers on YouTube and some painted the liner of their Jordan 1s. Just wondered if it was feasible at all. 👍

My mum and dad live in the UK so can get them delivered there but never owned the trainer 1

Im a wide footer should I go up .5 or a whole size?

Air maxs im a us9.5 current nike basketball I go with .5 up for reference.

Just delivered. Wow :smile:

Was gonna double up, but US 10 sold out on skatedeluxe.com and milk-store.com

I had the 2009 retros in US 10 and felt those ran .5 smaller. These 2020 retros feel better and have enough space in the front. Hope this helps.

Peace
F Sharp005

Last edited:
Just delivered. Wow :smile:

Was gonna double up, but US 10 sold out on skatedeluxe.com and milk-store.com

I had the 2009 retros in US 10 and felt those ran .5 smaller. These 2020 retros feel better and have enough space in the front. Hope this helps.

Peace
F Sharp005

You still have places to cop a 10 in Europe, for instance: https://www.rufusmacba.com/product/nike-sb-air-trainer-i-iso

There are also some french skateshops with available I think

Back
Top Bottom