OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

3C65B4F6-861C-4996-BAED-DC2A014EEC9F.jpeg
Really appreciate the clean vibe of the 30+ year old models lately.

I would have went for the midnight trainer 1s but I have the USA trainer 3s and just picked up midnight 6s, so I guess I’m forced to chill lol

Nice! Since I'm so used to Trainer 3s, the Nike on the strap seems soooo far over; looks funny to me still. You wearing the 2019 MBs?

wow....someone won! For me even the time it takes to enter raffles seems like a waste as I never hit on anything. Honestly, I've been such a Nike fan for decades, but now it's losing it's luster b/c it's just such a pain to get anything. I doubt there's enough impact on their brand though for them to make a change. Oh well, things always evolve, and things we used to love we grow to despise, and vice versa. Maybe it's that time for Nike and I.

wow....someone won! For me even the time it takes to enter raffles seems like a waste as I never hit on anything. Honestly, I've been such a Nike fan for decades, but now it's losing it's luster b/c it's just such a pain to get anything. I doubt there's enough impact on their brand though for them to make a change. Oh well, things always evolve, and things we used to love we grow to despise, and vice versa. Maybe it's that time for Nike and I.
Been here before, grabbed some adidas and quickly remembered why I like Nikes so much

Second pair of Chloros (from Unheardof) arrived yesterday. Pretty solid pair with a tiny bit of the pre-creasing in the toe boxes where I know the flex points will be when I walk in them. A coworker of mine got a pair from Unheardof as well, after I tipped him to the link, and his pair has the same thing, even a bit worse than mine. I can see all of these are quickly going to look the same as the pair freshkicks95 freshkicks95 posted above. No biggie, they're shoes that will be worn and crease. But having two pairs of these Chloros and one pair of the Navys in hand, I have to say I'm overall a lot happier with the materials and quality on the SB pairs I have. But I also have to say I'm still really happy to have a few pairs from this release.

Been here before, grabbed some adidas and quickly remembered why I like Nikes so much

From '99 through probably 2001, for reasons I can't really logically explain in retrospect, I went through a phase where I mostly just bought and wore Adidas Adiprene runners. There were things I liked about the way the felt and the way they looked casually at the time. But after I went through probably about four, maybe five pairs of them, I lost interest in them almost overnight and returned to Nike and never looked back. The only other casual "athletic" shoes I've worn on and off since then have been Puma Suedes, but I wasn't impressed with the most recent pair of those I bought just to kick around in. Seems like Puma started cutting corners, notably by getting rid of the leather collar liner. The upcoming Question blue-toe retros will be a rare exception to my Nike-only habit.

Kinda doubt anyone has, nor cares in here, since majority of us in here are all grumpy old men… but has anyone seen either of the Travis Scott pairs in hand? They actually don’t look terrible without that stupid shroud. I was wondering how they were in person.

*runs for cover*

Second pair of Chloros (from Unheardof) arrived yesterday. Pretty solid pair with a tiny bit of the pre-creasing in the toe boxes where I know the flex points will be when I walk in them. A coworker of mine got a pair from Unheardof as well, after I tipped him to the link, and his pair has the same thing, even a bit worse than mine. I can see all of these are quickly going to look the same as the pair freshkicks95 freshkicks95 posted above. No biggie, they're shoes that will be worn and crease. But having two pairs of these Chloros and one pair of the Navys in hand, I have to say I'm overall a lot happier with the materials and quality on the SB pairs I have. But I also have to say I'm still really happy to have a few pairs from this release.

From '99 through probably 2001, for reasons I can't really logically explain in retrospect, I went through a phase where I mostly just bought and wore Adidas Adiprene runners. There were things I liked about the way the felt and the way they looked casually at the time. But after I went through probably about four, maybe five pairs of them, I lost interest in them almost overnight and returned to Nike and never looked back. The only other casual "athletic" shoes I've worn on and off since then have been Puma Suedes, but I wasn't impressed with the most recent pair of those I bought just to kick around in. Seems like Puma started cutting corners, notably by getting rid of the leather collar liner. The upcoming Question blue-toe retros will be a rare exception to my Nike-only habit.
Always wanted to skate a pair of puma suedes, haven’t had the chance yet but heard they skate good even though that’s not there intention, it’s almost always nike for me now days with the exception of a random pair of skate shoes here and there but always find myself back in Nikes for most of my daily activities

Kinda doubt anyone has, nor cares in here, since majority of us in here are all grumpy old men… but has anyone seen either of the Travis Scott pairs in hand? They actually don’t look terrible without that stupid shroud. I was wondering how they were in person.

*runs for cover*
Noticed there actually not at a bad price on stockx least in my size, not really my taste, the zipper is what gets me, I actually thought the shroud was, different not terrible but different

Noticed there actually not at a bad price on stockx least in my size, not really my taste, the zipper is what gets me, I actually thought the shroud was, different not terrible but different
No way I’d pay more than retail+tax (+shipping I’d have to debate that) for a pair… the grey pair looks kinda nice to me. Brown really isn’t that bad either. I think they look better than the new version of at1s with all the buckles and reflective designs.

Navy’s and Photon’s were delivered today from FP after a 10 day delay (24 days in total) due to an email I missed. Totally my fault and I’m glad to have them in hand finally. They were shipped in a bag but surprisingly the boxes were ok and only one had a slight dent on the box. Both pairs look great and no quality issues. Ended up paying $130 CAD in duties which is fine and I expected it.

Ended up with 2 Chlorophylls, 1 Navy and 1 Photon. Hoping to double up on Navy’s if they come to Canada and I’m really tempted to double up on the Photons but we’ll see.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and helped out with links.

I would have went for the midnight trainer 1s but I have the USA trainer 3s and just picked up midnight 6s, so I guess I’m forced to chill lol
I do as well but the Midnight Navy colorway is my favorite colorway of the silhouette so there was no way I was passing. If the price gets low enough I might consider the Photon dust colorway.

Back
Top Bottom