OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

of course ribbed strap

leather swoosh, off black, correct perf, etc

has it been over 10 years since the last retro of this og-esque hi?

Last edited:
Yep, 12 years already....The last close one was the 2002 co.jp. But that had full perforated pleather, more grey hints, and a grey sockliner with a checkerboard tongue tag (closer to the OG though)
http://www.sneakers-actus.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nike-air-trainer-1-2002-varsity-red.jpg

Before that, the 2000 retro had more black hints than the original or 1993/94 retro ever did.. I believe the OG was more of a obsidian dark navy color than black. So to be honest I dont think we have ever seen a correct retro.

The 1988 Original looked like this
15pomdg.jpg

Basically the chlorophyll colorway but in a red and the black color was a really dark navy. Its original colorway was "White/Medium Grey/Dark Royal Blue-Fire Red". Think of the Air trainer sc III white navy red (med ball model).

So in some regards, this is CLOSER to the 2002, which is closer to the original 88 release.

The 2002 seemed to be more of a muted red color too. Nearly a maroon. So to see a real bright red color is really good to see. Even the red liner on the tongue is to the specs of the 88/94 original. So this low is looking like the closest we have seen to the Original, if not for it being a low cut model.

Here's a look at the 94 at1 high obsidian navy/red
http://flattophitop.blogspot.com/2009/02/air-trainer-1-1994.html

Last edited:
except for overall shape, ya the '02 was closer to og but had worse materials than '00/'01

hoenstly tho - maybe i'd prefer a re-retro of the 'chlorophyl' low at this point

those wheats prolly drop sometime in nov

a lot of wheat shoes are dropping next month it seems

Last edited:
If anyone was looking for those Baroque pairs from a while back, the outlet in Portland (MLK) had 9.5s on the hash wall, either 70 or 80.  And the Clearance Store in Centralia had a 10 on Friday for 60.  Those are the only sizes I saw, but I'm a 10 and that's where I looked.  There may be others.

Another pair of samples up...

%24_57.JPG

%24_57.JPG

%24_57.JPG

%24_57.JPG

%24_57.JPG

%24_57.JPG

These seem kinda bulky... I was thinking about using them for tennis, but oh well.

Interesting outsole pattern. 

Yeah, I'd cop that first one.  Not so much the second one.  I think there was a picture somewhere in the thread of a black, too, that looked good.

White.grey.black/accent color it, and you have a fully functional basic looking trainer.

From what I recall of some 94 X trainers I had, the outsole definitely picks up on more of the 92-95 era than anything else

Did anyone cop the wheats? Seen like the dropped in way less places than the other flax sneakers.

Did anyone cop the wheats? Seen like the dropped in way less places than the other flax sneakers.
Yep- best of the pack for mine

If not for supreme Af1 drop and Ronnie Fieg posting them on Ig- the force mids would sit (well at least for a little as they are dope and those old enough to remember co.jp release still fiend!)

Agreed though- basically no AT1's in secondary market- strange

Yep- best of the pack for mine

If not for supreme Af1 drop and Ronnie Fieg posting them on Ig- the force mids would sit (well at least for a little as they are dope and those old enough to remember co.jp release still fiend!)

Agreed though- basically no AT1's in secondary market- strange

How did they fit and are the materials good like? I did cop a pair of flax for my brother and the materials are on point but I just don't like mid af1s.

Back
Top Bottom