OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

I grabbed 2 pairs of these today. Went with the same sizing I have in the SCs and SC IIs. Hoping they run the same. Paid 125 a piece.

marley, spill the beans man... I swear at one point in time, this was the one shoe I would drop a grand on for multiples and walk off into the sunset.. I accomplished this feat with the 2000s but by the time that happened, most couldnt be worn for activities. So if you could provide some photos, shed some light on quality or appearance, I may once again be all over these.

^ebay seller posted a full size run+ yesterday at this time...for that price
still has a few pairs left too

i missed out on my size

NIKE Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium black grey chlorophyll men shoes 317553 100

Hey fellas I grabbed them from seller 95soleman on ebay. I grabbed both his 11.5s.

There's a few more pairs up on ebay for 140 shipped if anyone is lookin to jump early. If these end up being limited 140 will prolly be a steal.

I wouldn't panic. I don't know if chain stores are getting this but most boutique type shops are. And we all know they won't move fast for those stores - except to people like us. So just look to the usuals, make a few phone calls, send a few emails and get your pairs for retail + shipping.

Some new photos coming out:

tumblr_mbp4c16txB1r1gsiqo1_1280.jpg

Glue stains are atrocious.. Let's hope $140 isn't a bargain and people don't just buy because of a limited label.. These need to sit
---------

317553-100.jpg

Photo #2 , right pair.. Look at the leather in its natural state. It has that "one piece" slope/crease to it, known around many other pleather based trainers out there.

I think I said it too many times. If some newcomers are used to spending $190 on crap jordans, then $140 shipped is a 'bargain'

to expand on what gotty said,

looking like difficulty might be on par with the sc ii qs' from last year
...the quality is a different story

the glue stain on the rck pic is really bad, definate b-grade bad
hard to believe the oversight in using it for a photo shoot

I'd have to get these at a heavy discount. they look even worse in close pics

and they call these premium :smh:

Wow the glue on that rck pic is terrible. If thats the best they had to choose from for a photoshoot we are in trouble haha

Ordered from premier. Ill post some pics when they arrive. Hoping my pair are flawless if not they still have a return policy on these.

What are the odds of these showing up at places like Shiek??

I'd rather walk in somewhere and pick them up.

Quick review before I head out to soccer practice on this windy WI day.

Was able to grab the only 11.5 my mom/pop had earlier and they definitely don't run big. I grabbed 11.5 because 11 would been way to snug. In flyknits I am an 11.5. Roshes I can do 11. Retro J's 11. New Basketball stuff typically 11.5. I would not 1/2 size down unless your feet are tremendously narrow.

These seem to run narrow in the midfoot and the toebox is a little "off" to me at first glance/wear. Probably go away over time, but upon first try on they aren't terribly comfortable. Not like the OGs in that regard.

The pair I got has minimal glue stains, and is pretty clean- the grey portion(nubuck/durabuck-whatever you will is pretty smooth clean- not "buttery" per se but not entirely cheap. The white leather is average. Not great but there has been worse. There are some portions that crease simliarly to the Trainer SCs from last year but others that feel cheaper and more run of the mill ( toebox area ) like the lemon SCs or Even Auburn SCs from a few years ago. Didnt get medicine balls so not sure how they compare to those.

on a 1-10 scale, 10 being best, I would give these a legitimate 7. last years SC2s, probably closer to 8.5-9/10. Honestly, they aren't very comfortable but I hope that changes with time. They look decent and the quality could have been better but it also could have been much worse.

Biggest/best surprise is the tongue- its nylon-esque and very full/supple. Doesn't feel cheapish, and probably the most "premium" aspect of the shoe. Pics to follow shortly.

Hope that helps someone- probably not a game changer for most on the fence, and probably shouldn't turn anyone off thats been waiting- like myself forever for these to drop. I will grab at least one more pair if not 2.

Awesome review.. Is the sockliner plush/soft? It looks to be a bit of a mesh material, which other trainers have used in the past and could cut/rub against your Achilles region.

Photo #3, that creasing looks familiar. Very 2009 at III med. ball like
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-.../WTdiUhSnmvo/s800/IMG_1146%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Looking at some of my own beater pair of 2000s, they have NEVER creased like that in that medial side region. 12 years of constant wear vs. DS brand new? Somewhat sad but not surprising.

Comfort for me never increased with the pair of 2002s I had and owned. The upper just marginally got broken in.This may be a tough pill to swallow as I ponder away

Last edited:
Was able to grab the only 11.5 my mom/pop had earlier and they definitely don't run big. I grabbed 11.5 because 11 would been way to snug. In flyknits I am an 11.5. Roshes I can do 11. Retro J's 11. New Basketball stuff typically 11.5. I would not 1/2 size down unless your feet are tremendously narrow.

Damn.  I was afraid of that.  Looks like I'll probably be on the hunt for an 11.5 now.  It really sucks not having a B+M store nearby that I can try shoes on at.  I can't even count how many times I've had to search for another size b/c Nike's sizing is all over the place.  

Dang Rich that sizing review has me bummed. Sounds like I have 280 bucks out for 2 size 11.5s that arent gonna fit me.

Back
Top Bottom