Official AJKO OG Thread (Everything AJKO Related)

^^^ amen. that's what i said on this thread yesterday. i've also passed it along to Nike and JB via customer service. doubt it will ever be heard by anyone who has decision-making power, though.

Considering the pack is inspired by schools from DC and NC, it would make sense to release some in their respective territories. It doesn't mean NY shouldn't get them, but they could have easily allocated some of the Euro stock to more places in the states.

True but what makes sense from a business stand point?

from a business lens, it would make sense to release a shoe commemorating a classic american college basketball game in america! i would understand a limited release as demand wouldn't be super high for this pack otherwise, but this goes well beyond that. it's being released online in europe, in five HOH here in the states, and two NikeTowns. that doesn't make sense from a business lens.

iss has more now, raised the prices, NT'ers bought up the first batch way too fast...real weak

Considering the pack is inspired by schools from DC and NC, it would make sense to release some in their respective territories. It doesn't mean NY shouldn't get them, but they could have easily allocated some of the Euro stock to more places in the states.

It makes more sense to release them all in the US, instead of allocating stock to Europe where Jordan's sit for months.

North Carolina nor DC is getting the pack?!? Yet NY has two spots getting them?!? This brand is just so blatantly disrespectful...
only 12 and 13 left
mean.gif

It makes more sense to release them all in the US, instead of allocating stock to Europe where Jordan's sit for months.

That makes total sense guys... Call it quits... I dare you lol

They got all you fools with that dangling carrot

Nike dont need you lol

I don't even see them listed

Hi Guys, we did sell through our first run of the KO's very quickly. That was likely due to this very thread. We had received those shoes in at a much better price than we are being offered for additional pairs now. As "salty" as people may be about these limited shoes, believe it or not, we feel it too. I would love for us to be able to put them back on the site for that same price, but we simply aren't being offered them anywhere near that same price.

Those that know me through the years understand that we actually work for some of the lowest margins in the business. Sure, that won't sit well with many, but that's the truth. We aren't "killing it" by getting these shoes at or below box price and simply raising the price due to demand. We do our best to be at or near "market price" for our customers as well as for our vendors. Lately, we've been "pushing back" (choosing not to carry them) on shoes just like you guys are (ex : this weekend's Rivalry Pack).

This is a long winded way of saying that even though I own a company that benefits from Nike / JB limiting their quantity on releases, I'm all for an increased quantity of those shoes being released so that more people can enjoy them or even have a chance to get them. It's difficult to have to pay $40-100 and up over box price just to get a release day shoe these days, but that is due to Nike and JB manipulating the #'s as well as a GIANT increase in the amount of other resellers in the last few years. For the record, I don't blame those that want to "get in on it" themselves. From my perspective, it's exactly what Nike / JB wants - High resell prices AKA "keeping the brand hot" , so that the consumer is more likely to purchase the next one....and the next one....and the next one....

Tom
instyleshoes.com

Team Lead

ISS and Tom gave me excellent customer service about an existing order

kudos to them, will def. be purchasing from them in the future 
nthat.gif

@Ivehademall - any word on the unc/gtown pack on your end?

We are still working on it, but as I had mentioned in a post earlier today, we are seeing RIDICULOUS pricing on them, which basically sucks. At this time, I don't think we will be posting the pack up for sale. If that changes, you all will be the first to know.

Tom,
Instyleshoes.com
Team Lead

Ok so what is being mentioned here is a totally different AJKO then?!?!?!  At first it looked like no change in price but then the AJKO being referenced in this previous post that i am seeing up for 199.99 is the Black Toe version..correct me if I am wrong!

Correct, we are currently sold out of the "Chicago" KO that drops tomorrow, only a few of the previous release AJKO's are currently available on our site.

Tom
Instyleshoes.com
Team Lead

Back
Top Bottom