Official AJKO OG Thread (Everything AJKO Related)

I call BS on the speculation. That pic could easily be a team of resellers. Most of em work in teams, and honestly Chicagos weren't hard to get. Packs were a little harder to get but not AT ALL here in DC. You just had to know WHERE to go. All those futures, in most spots at least were FCFS. You really gonna get mad at someone that got to camping before you? Yaw really mad that they're willing to put that work in (albeit many of us, including me cannot) to make their lil bit of change? If anything, you gotta respect the hustle...

B/w myself and 2 other NTers on Sat morning, we picked up six packs... We took a pic mainly cuz one of the dudes was hype about how easy the pickups were. There wasn't ANYONE in line for packs or Chicagos at the spots I went to other than us 3 and 2-3 others. Evan random AJ1SB sizes were fairly easy to pick up (surprisingly).

I picked up packs because I knew that they'd be collectors Items someday and will offset the costs of my pack (i'm keeping my size) and my Chicagos...

It's not really that inconceivable that a group of people pick up all these 20-30 Kick-pickup-pics and make moves as a team. If you guys think its one person racking up 40 kicks at a time you're naive AF.

Got them...fits nice....that smell tho...strongest smell yet lol

One little thing that annoyed me was that my pair came with a glue stain on one of the Nike check mark

View media item 869405

Stuff like this pisses me off. How does a company get away with this crap.

NOT MY PICTURE>
GROWN MAN CAWPING

People who cry about this pic……. IT just makes you look bad!!

Be A MAN….. not a baby crying cuz he got 20 pairs and you got ZERO….

To be Honest… looks like this guy got no room in his car for all these…  SNEAKER GAME FAIL

next time bring a TRUCK! lol

that picture of all those kicks is disgusting....on to the next....happy i got the pack not sure how i feel about letting the chicagos go....but if they bred these i will have 2 pairs

Space cancelled my order :x So I guess my hunt continues...

Props to all the NT'ers who scored a pack!!! :nthat:

I'm going to say yes. During the early 2000's and as late as about 08 buying shoes wasn't like this. I don't know how old you are but after Mikes second retirement J's became less and less popular . A good portion of J's sat and a lot of the newer models weren't getting much love from the general public . That's what I mean , back in the day people didn't buy to resell Or to take just take pics with their shoes then put them back in the box in the back of the closet. So the people actually buying had a genuine like / love for the shoe . Social media changed everything , it made people feel like their life should be important to everybody . Everybody is chasing their 15 minutes of fame . That's what happened with TV too everything thing became reality based. These kids think they have to have every new release so they can flex on ig.
I've dubbed it the attention ***** age

I've adapted so this isn't an " old man " it just is what it is

....maaaaaan I was DEEP in the game around then, but I don't think "less and less popular" fits. Of course it wasn't like how it is now.... like you said social media etc. came into play and sites like ebay.... man eBay shot my kick game up to astronomical heights, we well as sites like Niketalk (when I joined around '08, '09).

And Idk where you from but in South Central LA Js/kicks never lost out in popularity. In elementary granted I was a child so I can't speak on how "hard" it was to cop shoes, but I remember when the cool grey XIs came out and there was a line around the block for them at Downtown LA Niketown. I remember the low top patent leather XIs weren't easy to cop either---waited in line bout 2 hours prior to opening and BARELY made it out with a sz. 6 (needed a 6.5). When I wanted Js I had to plan and scheme, now like I said, not on the same level and you didn't have to compete with resellers, but you couldn't just walk in and cop all willy nilly. I know fools was still gettin' jacked for their Js, it just wasn't all over the news like how it is now. I'm 28 yrs old BTW.

96-2000 were the years for J's (IMO cuz the XI was my first shoe love), mike tearing it up and his shoes mad easy to cop and great quality, anything after that just started to become crazy but didnt get nuts until around 08-09? right after space jams released it got nuts (jams were an easy cop only waited a couple hours) and now its insane with GR's selling out instantly and all of these horrible limited shoes being released and selling out, nothing was limited back in the day except for PEs and thats how i liked it and the main reason i dont go hard for a lot of shoes i might go after if they werent a dam headache to get, on a seperate note im mad jealous of the guys who got their pack congrats!

Last edited:
96-2000 were the years for J's (IMO cuz the XI was my first shoe love), mike tearing it up and his shoes mad easy to cop and great quality, anything after that just started to become crazy but didnt get nuts until around 08-09? right after space jams released it got nuts (jams were an easy cop only waited a couple hours) and now its insane with GR's selling out instantly and all of these horrible limited shoes being released and selling out, nothing was limited back in the day except for PEs and thats how i liked it and the main reason i dont go hard for a lot of shoes i might go after if they werent a dam headache to get, on a seperate note im mad jealous of the guys who got their pack congrats!

I remember copping Jams in '09 too!! Walked into a local spot like a DAY OR TWO after they released (which is unheard of nowadays for ANY XI) and copped a sz. 6, and a size for my nephew (he was toddler sizes at the time.

Talk about the good ol' days right?? :lol: I think I just got hella lucky tho... like HEEELLLAAAA lucky. Even still, ain't no luck being passed around nowadays.

got tracking from space 
nthat.gif

I just remember the next signature being more important than the retros around me. Even still, it was a lot easier to get because there was actually "competition" of sneakers that anyone can get as opposed to just Jordans, Lebrons, KDs, Kobes. You were fine with whatever basketball shoe you got. They were also released during the week if I remember. People would skip school and stop by the mall to buy them, hence there still being sizes available days after because not everyone was doing that.

I just remember the next signature being more important than the retros around me. Even still, it was a lot easier to get because there was actually "competition" of sneakers that anyone can get as opposed to just Jordans, Lebrons, KDs, Kobes. You were fine with whatever basketball shoe you got. They were also released during the week if I remember. People would skip school and stop by the mall to buy them, hence there still being sizes available days after because not everyone was doing that.
yeah on wednesdays most of the time, skip lunch and stunt from 4th through 6th period lmao

I remember when it was 2 colors in the fall and you had to wait WAY until the All Star game to get another set. It was easier to get really attached with a shoe since you had months to buy and then months between the next pair. Which is the problem I have with the way things are now. I haven't even been able to get into Lebrons and Kobes because every few weeks there's another slate of colors coming out. Outside of the All Star releases from this year and that's more because of the personal connection I have with the game being at home, I haven't been able to get into it as with other shoes.

I pretty much limit my Jordan purchases to a very short list of key pieces I don't even go after them anymore.

You know what man, when I first set it up I started throwing away the boxes... for GRs or kicks that I had worn already (and had doubled up on). Real estate was becoming a big issue.

That said, I somewhat regret it now - I no longer have the boxes for the Taxi's and Steel Xs, for example.  I threw away a total of 8 or 9 boxes before I changed my mind.

Ended up stashing the remaining boxes under my bed and in my closets. 

Another option is pull the boxes apart and just store them flat. That way you have them in tact if you need them and they wont take up too much space.

Back
Top Bottom