Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I spent a few hours yesterday reading various theories about Prometheus and I found some interesting ones. One in particular sounds like it's dead on...

Spoiler [+]
--The "space jockey" isn't an alien.
--The humans in the crew of the Prometheus find some advanced technology on the planet... "the urns".
--The urns contain a substance that turns inorganic material into organic material and fuses bioligical and mechanical.
--The urns were left by an advance race.
--One of the crew members comes into contact with the urns (the face melting in the trailer) and starts to fuse with his space suit, becoming the "space jockey".
--The infected man terrorizes the crew.
--Someone in the crew gets infected and becomes the xenomorph.
--The alien ship is becoming organic and is a living thing. (Is the "gun" the ship's penis?)

I guess I'll have to wait and see.
This makes a lot of sense in regards to how much Weyland-Yutani knew about the existence of the xenomorphs.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Even a movie like Blade Runner can be remade (which it is, essentially) because of advancements in effects and telling the story differently.
They are remaking Blade Runner?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Even a movie like Blade Runner can be remade (which it is, essentially) because of advancements in effects and telling the story differently.
They are remaking Blade Runner?
A couple of months ago WB acquired the rights to Blade Runner and Scott is attached to direct. Last I read, he wasn't going to do a remake, but a prequel/sequel (he never specified which one).

very excited
watched alien the other day and enjoyed the whole outerspace exploration mystery involved

I spent a few hours yesterday reading various theories about Prometheus and I found some interesting ones. One in particular sounds like it's dead on...

Spoiler [+]
--The humans in the crew of the Prometheus find some advanced technology on the planet... "the urns".
--The urns contain a substance that turns inorganic material into organic material and fuses bioligical and mechanical.
--One of the crew members comes into contact with the urns (the face melting in the trailer) and starts to fuse with his space suit, becoming the "space jockey".
--The alien ship is becoming organic and is a living thing. (Is the "gun" the ship's penis?)

I hope all of that is true
pimp.gif

The new trailer looks good.

def down to see this. alien films were great. anyone check out blade runner btw? is it good?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

The film will be a prequel to the 1979 science fiction horror film Alien; however, the events of the film will not precede any of the previously established characters or story lines from the Alien franchise.

Charlize Theron
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]

From my research I think the movie goes like:
Spoiler [+]
- Find Ancient Alien relic with coordinates
- Crew lands on alien planet and finds temple with ooze
- "Ancient Aliens" on the planet wake up, are pissed off, kill crew, turn them into monsters
- Humans touching the ooze become space jockeys try to send a signal to warn humans (same one in alien)
- David 8 the android touches the ooze and becomes human, making humans god and creation one big loop
- David goes back in time to the creation of earth and humans
- The ship with the space jockey crashes on another planet, alien life form touches ooze, becomes "alien" (prequel)

2012 looks like it's going make up for a very mediocre 2011..

this, TDKR and avengers.. hell even spiderman is looking better tailer by trailer

Originally Posted by sreggie101

def down to see this. alien films were great. anyone check out blade runner btw? is it good?
nerd.gif

I saw it for the first time last week and thought it was horrible. Good concept but bad pacing and stupid scenes. Of course all my nerd friends denounce me for this

this new trailer is amazing. i seriously cannot wait to get to see the origin of the space jockeys. the only part i've been confused about is the timing of it all. Alien takes place in 2122, at which point they found the derelict spacecraft. the space jockey fossil that was determined to be ancient. However, in Prometheus we apparently see just how that space jockey came to be inside that chair, how that ship came to crash and in the same realm as Alien since humans are capable of deep space travel. 

This looks too good. Its definitely an Alien prequel right? At least the same universe.

Back
Top Bottom