Official Atlanta Hawks 2011-2012 Thread

The lockout is OVER!
2010-2011: 

W           L        %          GB          Conf         Div        Home            Road

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

44    38      .537        18.0   31-21    9-7        24-17             20-21

Lost in Eastern Conf Semis to Chicago

Now for questions that need answers....

Will we get this J.J.?

Joe_Johnson-4.jpg

Or will we get this J.J.?

p1_johnson.jpg

-Will we sign anyone to replace Jamal Crawford?(Word on the street is that the Blazers or Knicks are options)
nerd.gif

-Who will the Hawks use their amnesty clause on?(We all know it WON'T be Joe Johnson)

Helpful link: http://www.hoopinionblog.com/2011/11/amnesty-options-for-atlanta-hawks.html

-Is this the year we finally address our need for a legit center?

-Will Josh Smith stop thinking he's Mark Price from deep?

JJ needs to have a bounce back season. big contract aside, dude didn't deliver

i like this hawks team though. another season of offense should help them

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Are you all going to amnesty Joe?
nerd.gif

I doubt it, only way I see it is if there is other sg available that can play his spot better than him....with this new owner I think he would like to keep the core guys intact...I say its Marvin Williams tho..bum is due to make a good 11 mill..get his $%+ out of here

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Are you all going to amnesty Joe?
nerd.gif

I doubt it, only way I see it is if there is other sg available that can play his spot better than him....with this new owner I think he would like to keep the core guys intact...I say its Marvin Williams tho..bum is due to make a good 11 mill..get his $%+ out of here
The deal with the new owner is stagnant. Also, in the link I posted it doesn't make good business sense to waive Marvin this year. If they wait til next it will have less of an overall impact. Really I dont see them waiving anyone this season. If they do, take it as a sign of a massive rebuilding phase ahead. 

I agree I doubt we amnesty anyone, I mean just because we have it doesn't mean we have to use it right away. The Hawks management still see Marvin as a solid player and decent trade chip
eyes.gif

I think this needs to be Teagues year since our chance of Jamal coming back are slim in my eyes, we need to move Hinrich to the bench and let Teague build, he showed what he can become last playoffs, LD is such a hater on the kid for some reason.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I agree I doubt we amnesty anyone, I mean just because we have it doesn't mean we have to use it right away. The Hawks management still see Marvin as a solid player and decent trade chip
eyes.gif

I think this needs to be Teagues year since our chance of Jamal coming back are slim in my eyes, we need to move Hinrich to the bench and let Teague build, he showed what he can become last playoffs, LD is such a hater on the kid for some reason.

Teague is good but Hinrich is solid (if that makes sense). I agree tho, you have to open up competition for the starting PG. You dont keep a mid 1st round pick unless you're using him for trade bait or you want him to contribute. Seeing as how the Hawks have turned down offers for Teague then clearly they want the latter. He us def a starting PG in the NBA though.

Originally Posted by Young Street86

eyes.gif

Teague is good but Hinrich is solid (if that makes sense). I agree tho, you have to open up competition for the starting PG. You dont keep a mid 1st round pick unless you're using him for trade bait or you want him to contribute. Seeing as how the Hawks have turned down offers for Teague then clearly they want the latter. He us def a starting PG in the NBA though.
I say start Teague from the get go, how long are we going to keep this guy behind over-the-hill PG's? We had him behind Bibby without any hope of getting consistent minutes for nearly two seasons. 
grin.gif

I'm not saying Hinrich shouldn't start because he has been incredibly consistent from the trade up until his injury in the playoffs, but he is on an expiring contract and could be used as a trade chip come the deadline, we need to start developing the young talent and find ourselves a long-term PG, not an over-the-hill one every two years...

i want joe johnson to play like the 20/5/5 guy that he can be but i feel like if he puts up those numbers then al horford will remain a 14/10 guy when he can be 18-20ppg kinda guy. not really sure if they're sticking with josh smith or trading him and moving al to pf which would be a much better position for him

joshsmith.jpg

Look who was the first, and only player, to show up when the doors swung open in Atlanta. Yes, the same player some Hawks fans wanted to push out the door last spring.

Well, Josh Smith wasn’t having any of that Thursday, roughly 11 a.m. The fact that he beat his teammates to the practice facility and worked out all by his lonesome, spoke loudly enough about his priorities. But there was additional body language from J-Smoove: He is 35 pounds lighter, proof that Smith was mature and dedicated enough to keep himself in supreme shape during the extended summer and focused on having a more robust season.

“I’m happy and excited,

joshsmith.jpg

Look who was the first, and only player, to show up when the doors swung open in Atlanta. Yes, the same player some Hawks fans wanted to push out the door last spring.

Well, Josh Smith wasn’t having any of that Thursday, roughly 11 a.m. The fact that he beat his teammates to the practice facility and worked out all by his lonesome, spoke loudly enough about his priorities. But there was additional body language from J-Smoove: He is 35 pounds lighter, proof that Smith was mature and dedicated enough to keep himself in supreme shape during the extended summer and focused on having a more robust season.

“I’m happy and excited,

Josh Smith originally was never projected to be a 4 coming into the league anyway. Work on that jumper and the 3 spot is perfect for him. He's going to be flying all over the place next season.

No #*+#.

...and the last thing we need him doing is taking jumpers. He's been working on that since he got here, he's always gonna be a piss poor shooter.

Originally Posted by DLo13

No #*+#.

...and the last thing we need him doing is taking jumpers. He's been working on that since he got here, he's always gonna be a piss poor shooter.

Same used to be said about Amare. 

Maybe cause or coaches have sucked to the max! Cant wait to see Josh flying around like it's 06' 
5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif

We NEED a Coach.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

No #*+#.

it didn't take amare 7 years to develop a J. josh has been broke since he got into the league

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

No #*+#.

it didn't take amare 7 years to develop a J. josh has been broke since he got into the league

Actually, I'd say it took him just about 7 years. Amare wasn't automatic with it until his last days in Phoenix (I guess you can credit his injury to him focusing on developing a J).

No Lance, his jawline looks a lot more defined with all that weight loss, crazy. I fully expect him to block a heck of a lot of shots and be featured on Sportcenters top ten nightly.

[h1]Atlanta Hawks: Kirk Hinrich to miss at least first month of season after shoulder surgery[/h1]
11:09 pm December 1, 2011, by Michael Cunningham

Hawks general manager Rick Sund said guard Kirk Hinrich had surgery to to remove a cyst and repair the labrum in his left shoulder and is expected to miss at least the first month of the regular season.

Hinrich experienced discomfort in his shoulder as a result of offseason workouts and had the procedure in early November.

“The injury typically requires three to four months of recovery,

^ It's unfortunate now we need to definitely sign a guard to fill in for awhile I hope AI can get a look, but a bright note Teague will get to prove whether his playoff surge was a fluke or not.

Back
Top Bottom