OFFICIAL AUGUST '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
the nike outlet in hillsboro texas has lebron 11 dunkmans in big sizes for 89.99 i saw plenty of sizes 11-13 this was friday(yesterday) they do phone orders just if anyones interested 254-582-7455

AZ Mills has their spend $100/$200 get $25/$50 MVP card.

When I left there was one more pair of flyknit lunar2 black/white/grey for $99 size 11 and a few Kobe 8 System TB size 11.5 for $79. I was able to get myself a pair of KD 6 Elite for $109 too.

They still got two size 10 on the KD Vi elite hero CW when I was there. Getting kinda dry over there. They need to get more heat in shoes and apparel.

View media item 1147892
So here's some outlet news I haven't heard until yesterday.

Was talking to the manager at my local Nike outlet and she showed me the above shoe that was returned by somebody the day prior. When I told her I wanted to buy it she told me that are no longer allowed to sell returned items that are considered recent launch day items. They must be returned to Nike hq. If this is true at all stores, this will be unfortunate for those lucky comeups. She couldn't even let an employee buy them at full list price. No idea how old they have to be before they are allowed to keep them.

That might just be at your outlet, if that's for everywhere :smh:

Was talking to the manager at my local Nike outlet and she showed me the above shoe that was returned by somebody the day prior. When I told her I wanted to buy it she told me that are no longer allowed to sell returned items that are considered recent launch day items. They must be returned to Nike hq. If this is true at all stores, this will be unfortunate for those lucky comeups. She couldn't even let an employee buy them at full list price. No idea how old they have to be before they are allowed to keep them.
they probably have to be price downloaded if anything, if it's an outlet, especially if the item is a 1 of 1 

THAT's the OVERLAY to the UNDERLAY

in other words…  Employee gonna make up a story so that they can buy them her self…..

I would raised hell n Called all the MGRS like OH Hellllllll Naw your selling those right now!

in other words…  Employee gonna make up a story so that they can buy them her self…..

I would raised hell n Called all the MGRS like OH Hellllllll Naw your selling those right now!
It's not true.

She is the manager. Skep and I hit up the same outlet and she's not shady at all and is usually very very helpful. She didn't even really need to let him know it was there. She just shoots the ish with customers regularly

Last edited:
Called MD outlet about the hyperposite post , no phone orders til Monday is the policy I guess. Cali heads vacaville had lebron 10 and 11 in the volt colors both 150. Mega watts for 90 and hyperposites in blue for 130. Shooting stars were on display not behind counter with no price sold separately

all of you guys casting doubt on the skep skep post - WHY?

you act like Nike hasn't done some shady stuff at the outlets in the last couple of years.

don't forget, nike id products used to be returnable to outlets. if i remember correctly, they now have to be mailed back to nike.

nike is about getting that loot and returning product to outlets is or used to be a huge come up for people in the right place at the right time.

if it is true, that just means nike may be serious about keeping the online restock stuff going. "hot" product returned to the warehouse from the outlets would be available when nike did their quarterly restock just like part of the online restock inventory comes from mailed in returns now.

Different companies have different policies. Under new management and sometimes simply in a new sales quarter they will change policies on a whim. They often times will choose to enforce current policies that they've been lenient with in the past. This "new" policy may have been put into effect because of the outlets who get these returned new releases and simply discount them by one cent. This could lead the customer to complain about this practice on surveys (and message boards) and be seen as bad PR.

I dont expect this to be a widespread problem though. It probably costs them more money to send the shoes back and have a system in place to relocate that stock back into the main inventory then it does to simply sell them for slightly below retail. I'm guessing the Manager at that store had read an email or been on a conference call recently suggesting stores send stock back and simply overreacted.

all of you guys casting doubt on the skep skep post - WHY?

you act like Nike hasn't done some shady stuff at the outlets in the last couple of years.

don't forget, nike id products used to be returnable to outlets. if i remember correctly, they now have to be mailed back to nike.

nike is about getting that loot and returning product to outlets is or used to be a huge come up for people in the right place at the right time.

if it is true, that just means nike may be serious about keeping the online restock stuff going. "hot" product returned to the warehouse from the outlets would be available when nike did their quarterly restock just like part of the online restock inventory comes from mailed in returns now.

Pretty sure you can still return nike id products to any nike store

In regards to the issue with that beethoven, it could be a valid excuse if there were waiting to get a price back on it but in most cases the manager would just sell it at retail

xbiker47 xbiker47 - you are right about the nikeID stuff. i thought i read you had to return it to nike.com now. your comment about the kobes tho.... she would have just said she couldn't sell because she was waiting for a price and she wouldn't have pulled them from the back to show skep if another employee wanted them anyways.

View media item 1147892

Not true. Saw the AJ 14 grey/blue just 6 days after launch at my Nike outlet. Person must have returned cuz they didn't like them. They were right on the shelf to sell for $149

The story does not hold true at my local outlet.  The story about a price not being in the system is far more likely.

And IDs can still be returned.  There's a Lunarglide 6 ID sitting on the hash wall at my local.

Not sure if this is just individual store only, but My FTL is discounting the Lebron 11 Elites down to 200.

Went to the jersey gardens in Elizabeth today. They had the SLH Lebron 11s FSR for $159 and the Volt lebron Xs for 149 FSR. White/ grey flyknit 2s for $150 along with those blue flyknit trainers for $119. Nothing good at the hash wall.

The Adidas store had a couple of the opening ceremony Crazy 8s but I forget the price. The also had the volt elements along with the white and blue colorway for $29 ably a couple sizes lift (I saw two 13 and a couple smaller sizes). They had some spring blades. And also a bunch of different boost shoes like the energy boosts and a couple others for $120.

Saks off 5th had a buy one get one deal on what seemed to be the whole store.

Last edited:
Trust me when I tell you she isn't shady at all. She's actually the district manager and told me she has some stuff they are able to put up for sale but the new rule will not allow her to sell the Beethoven and new releases like it.

I only said this to shed light on everybody for what is to come. She brought them out from the back just to show me what someone had returned and like I said, a few employees wanted to buy them and new rules would not allow them to.

As for the AJ14 example, that's a terrible comparison considering that shoe is still on shelves at many stores. The Beethoven was an instant sellout and Nike is well aware of this.

It makes sense to me tho, think of all those shoes you have seen at the front desk at Nike stores such as Brazil pack, shooting stars, ect. If Nike.com adds them to the next restock they'll sell at full price in seconds. Outlets can sit on them for weeks with a discounted price and get no sale.

skep skep But to implicate this new policy for what gain? Unless thousands of pairs get returned only to be bought back, this change will do nothing. A few hundred returns is but a bat of an eye for Nike. Maybe even less....
Just sounds like a GM reading between the lines. The fine print as they say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom