Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Originally Posted by Trav T

Can anyone provide a pic of an authentic Reebok Kobe jersey jocktag? It would be much appreciated.
Edit:  Nevermind, I was able to find it.  Here are some pics for reference.

This is an authentic Reebok jersey jock tag:

29o5uvn.jpg

Now here is the fake.  The borders are too wide, and the stitching is too far on the perimeter.  Notice the improper font on the bottom curve of the number "2" as well:

fjnbkm.jpg
That's a pretty damn good tag.  I've been collecting for 10 years and I barely noticed the difference.  There's been a lot of these Reebok jocktag checks lately on here and jerseycentral, I guess people ain't going for the Rev 30s.  

^^^I know, right? I got fooled by it. I hope maybe this will help someone else in the future. Unless both are real and I have no idea.

^^^I know, right? I got fooled by it. I hope maybe this will help someone else in the future. Unless both are real and I have no idea.

no you are correct, first tag is real and the second is 100% FAKE.

i tried helping someone out with the exact problem on a Lakers jersey with that tag about a month ago. i easily spotted it was a fake while others still thought it was legit. Unless you are really good with NBA jerseys its very hard to spot. anyone can be fooled.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Hello, i have a question about Nike Authentic jersey sizing and this def looks like the best place to ask it. Basically want to know when nike was making the authentics, did they make a size small? or whatever number it would translate to in authentic jersey language (36?). I see size 40 regularly which is a size medium but want to know for sure if 40 was the smallest available that nike made or if in-fact they made size small for their authentics. any help appreciated.

If Normal sizes are too big you should try the youth sizes. I wear size S shirts and a youth size XL jersey fits perfect on me. 
In most cases they are but i cant bring myself to get a youth size, just not the same as far as quality and stitching, etc. I actually dont mind tucking in my jersey, i do it for my authentic Strasburg jersey. I gotta have the closest thing possible to what the players wear on the court. As a sports fan i gotta have the authentics available in retail. appreciate your input, would you happen to know if size 40 was the smallest size nike made in their NBA authentic jerseys?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i tried helping someone out with the exact problem on a Lakers jersey with that tag about a month ago. i easily spotted it was a fake while others still thought it was legit. Unless you are really good with NBA jerseys its very hard to spot. anyone can be fooled.
Thanks, Zyzz!  Your help it appreciated.  It's always good to have people on NT with an expert eye.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Hello, i have a question about Nike Authentic jersey sizing and this def looks like the best place to ask it. Basically want to know when nike was making the authentics, did they make a size small? or whatever number it would translate to in authentic jersey language (36?). I see size 40 regularly which is a size medium but want to know for sure if 40 was the smallest available that nike made or if in-fact they made size small for their authentics. any help appreciated.

If Normal sizes are too big you should try the youth sizes. I wear size S shirts and a youth size XL jersey fits perfect on me. 
In most cases they are but i cant bring myself to get a youth size, just not the same as far as quality and stitching, etc. I actually dont mind tucking in my jersey, i do it for my authentic Strasburg jersey. I gotta have the closest thing possible to what the players wear on the court. As a sports fan i gotta have the authentics available in retail. appreciate your input, would you happen to know if size 40 was the smallest size nike made in their NBA authentic jerseys?

There were size 36's made, but they're very hard to find.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Yup that's why it took me 3 years of buying jerseys from retail stores before I finally felt I knew enough to buy them off ebay.  I had to double check the Reebok tags on my jerseys to see the correct spacing and font/font style for each aspect of the tag.  At least the fakes are getting better, so if I see someone with a horrible fake I just know they're lazy.  

eyanks wrote:

I see thank you very much for the clarification. i would take your word on that because i have yet to see any size 36's in the jerseys i have been looking for. You also wouldnt happen to know how much of a size difference is 36 to 40? as far as length and width. Or if there is somewhere that still has the nike authentic sizing chart. If 36 is that scarce, im willing to go for the size 40's.

eyanks wrote:

I see thank you very much for the clarification. i would take your word on that because i have yet to see any size 36's in the jerseys i have been looking for. You also wouldnt happen to know how much of a size difference is 36 to 40? as far as length and width. Or if there is somewhere that still has the nike authentic sizing chart. If 36 is that scarce, im willing to go for the size 40's.

I have no idea, I haven't been able to fit into a sz 36 since I was a toddler lol.  Maybe zyzz knows since he is the king of the tiny jerseys.  You're better off looking for the sz 40 there's much more selection.  What jerseys are you looking for, sometimes I come across smaller sizes when I'm looking for stuff so if I see something you want I can give you a heads up.

Is the next size up a 44 for the old Adidas jerseys?  I wear a large in the Nike swingmans and a 44 in Nike authentic, so I'm unsure how I would fit this.

Is the next size up a 44 for the old Adidas jerseys?  I wear a large in the Nike swingmans and a 44 in Nike authentic, so I'm unsure how I would fit this.

The Adidas sizing is in increments of 4:  36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60.  Same as it is for Nike authentics.  Adidas size 44 fits bigger than a Nike size 44.  

Thanks! Do the old Adidas jerseys fit differently than the Revolution 30, though?

The old Adidas is baggier.  The new Revolution 30s are tight as hell, not a good look for fat people.  If someone is going from an old Adidas to a Rev 30, I'd go up a size.  Personally I like the new Rev 30 swingmen, they're actually pretty close to the old authentics.    

Thanks, man. Sounds like I would wear a size 40 in the old Adidas authentic and a 44 in the Rev 30. I once tried on a Nike 40, which was the equivalent of a medium, and that thing was so tight I couldn't even get it off.

eyanks wrote:
I have no idea, I haven't been able to fit into a sz 36 since I was a toddler lol.  Maybe zyzz knows since he is the king of the tiny jerseys.  You're better off looking for the sz 40 there's much more selection.  What jerseys are you looking for, sometimes I come across smaller sizes when I'm looking for stuff so if I see something you want I can give you a heads up.

Haha well eyanks and Zyzz, im very vertically challenged (5'1) and that sounds like 36 would fit me perfectly. But as mentioned before if its nearly impossible to find 36's, ill just go for the 40's and tuck them in. As far as letting me know about when you see what im looking for, that would be greatly appreciated. Im an extreme DC sports homer so im just looking for authentic washington Wizards and Bullets jerseys. Mainly the michael jordan home and away in the Wizards uniform as well as the throwback bullets for jordan. I also love mitchell and ness so any mitchell and ness in bullets would be ideal (wes unseld one comes to mind). The final one i want is a John wall authentic; i know for the new colorway and logo one in blue/red/white will eventually be made available by wizards themselves and the NBA which in that way ill be able to get it first hand from the team, and first issue in that sense but i want the original john wall rookie year in wizards colors, swamp water blue?/copper/white (same colorway as when jordan was playing) which would be Revolution 30 i beleive, i remember NBA shop had them available but was only in a size 44 medium Tall but i wasnt sure if that was the smallest size they made for the addidas authentics, but if it was the smallest they made (44T) than i screwed myself by not buying it and now i cant find it anywhere and wonder if they are made available in physical store's like the NBA store in New york. The only jersey that i would want thats outside of the wizards, would be of course, either bulls home, away, or alternate of michael jordan. 

Coincidentally, i have ran across these two recently. Im very interested, and they look legit to my naked eye but im still not yet an expert at pointing the fake ones out. If someone could please help me out with this legit check.

yup both legit. if you want both, if i were u i'd try and get em both now rather than wait 2 months for it to pop up again.

Back
Top Bottom