Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

$_3.JPG

Yea he was my bad I remember they wore these shooting shirts that year. It's in the video of Kobe dunking on Ben Wallace in Vegas during preaseason lol excuse my memory it's been like 20 years haha we really need to keep a time line of when teams jerseys were made and by who

The spacing on the front of the jersey looks off, so he wasn't traded before those Nike jerseys came in? I have the Eddie Jones jersey I just can't remember if nick was still there when they took over the licensing.

I don't think it always matters what year the jerseys came in (for example the Shaq jersey... Nike still made them even though he never really wore it--but in this case Van Exel was still on the Lakers that season and wore Nike).
There are a number of cases where jerseys were made of a player but they never wore it.
The Van Exels are pretty common.
I don't think the spacing is off either.

Here's one that sold.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nick-van-exel-lakers-100-authentic-nike-jersey-size-48-NBA-rare-/253021306273?hash=item3ae93ebda1:g:BnwAAOSwGJlZJjyP&nma=true&si=XhbG8Y%2FO3PgDgwniq9xLNqa6WjI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now you have my research on overdrive. I have seen other Nike Shaq's before in all 3 colors, home, away, and Alt. That being said Nike still had Miami through the 03-04 season (which is why you can find some Wade's) and Shaq was announced in July of 04. Then Reebok took over Nike's teams in 04-05. Is it possible Nike was able to churn out a few before Reebok hit retail? And yes Shaq had a Reebok at the press conference.

Anybody have thoughts? The guy is an avid collector (@toomanyjerseys on IG) with a nice Heat collection, among other teams.

da NBA store would churn out players from blanks lying around as soon as someone got traded.

pretty sure Nike blanks were abundant.

damn he was looking YOUNG when be got to south Beach...that weight lost was fantastic.
Yeah he looks great here. Too bad Shaq never kept the ship super tight. Might have had a more proficient career towards the end.

IMG_0429.JPG

Thinking about sending this to EPS to get the mesh numbers. How good is the quality of their mesh?

Back
Top Bottom