Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

My collection is predominantly Lakers, Mets, Dodgers, 49ers and LA Kings. Got this spring training jersey in today.
7F9240E2-C632-40D8-A80B-B54DF9FF8A1D.jpeg
F1FF8A24-4FB0-4A11-8894-1E7E3D388A0F.jpeg

Ugh I hate Swingmans lol

I remember in HS us authentic wearing kids would try our best not to associate with swingman wearers

snobbish-pink-blob-jelly-moster-moustache-pet-dog-drinking-wine-partying-hard-as-guest-glamorous-posh-party-vector-81082958.jpg
For what it's worth, since joining this thread I've been much more inclined to stick to authentics....looking as swingman like an after market almost! Still grabbin the real 100 percent authentic versus eBay 100 percent authentics shipped straight from aliexpress...

What's the hate on swingman jerseys though? My new nike authentics are basically swingman jerseys anyway. So are champion replicas out of the question?

Swingmans are the equivalent of wearing Jordan Brand inline shoes. :lol: Fakin' the funk.

Authentics exist. Cop the real thing. Don't half-*** it. Swingmans are trash. The New Nike jerseys are trash too.

And no, 90's Champion replicas get a pass for nostalgia purposes.

i feel 50/50 on what yall saying abut swingmans.

Lemme ask yall a question. the Authentic Heat vice jersey is nearly impossible to find in the pink or the white. with that
being said yall wouldn't rock the swingmans? I ended up doing that.

another example the Jazz Black jersey (malone or stock) never dropped in mitchell ness authentic, there are swingmans out
there. Is it bad that people buy those swingmans?

Lemme ask yall a question. the Authentic Heat vice jersey is nearly impossible to find in the pink or the white. with that

another example the Jazz Black jersey (malone or stock) never dropped in mitchell ness authentic, there are swingmans out

I'm close to caving in for that John Stockton purple mountain swingman. I've been waiting probably 7 years for a restock now, nothing.

98% of the population has no idea about the differences or even cares. with that said, I’d never wear a swingman :lol:

I will rock whatever....replica, swingman, authentic, game issued, game worn....shooting shirts....practice jerseys....

I was little embarrassed wearing a knockoff semi pro jersey when I met a guy wearing a gamer...the one time I met someone who enjoys jerseys as much as me....guy owned a gamer from every team...lesser known players, but all rev 30 mesh with serial...

True 98% of normal humans don’t know the difference between replicas, swingmans, and authentics.

However, collecting authentics is like a niche thing and almost like being a connoisseur of NBA jerseys. I look at it as Swingmans is for the people who like rocking NBA jerseys to match their sneakers or for fashion purposes. Authentic collectors are more for the history of the aesthetics of NBA, since these are pretty much the same quality as what the actual players wear.

I enjoy coming into this thread because I feel like I’m looking at NBA history when I see an authentic being posted. I’m not knocking people for liking replica and swingmans, but authentics feels a lot more special.

I collect Authentics only, but I don't get the need to bash Swingmans. Especially the M&N swingmans, which are really nicely built. Some are closer to the OG Authentics than the "authentic" line.

Let's be real. Some "authentic" M&N are straight trash. Bad quality. Bad accuracy. Overpriced. Nowhere near the OG on court stuff- it's all marketing . We ain't here bashing all of those pickups though 🤷‍♂️

Oh, I hate M&N with a passion. In my weird head I don’t even consider them authentics. I consider them “expensive reproductions”

I only consider authentics that are in production during the time of games.

whenever I come in here and see an older jersey and scroll down to the tags and see its a M&N I don’t even like or react to the post. I act like I didn’t even see it. Lol

Why can’t you guys just look for the vintage for that jersey instead of copping out and just getting a M&N?

also, isn’t there a thread for M&N?

I love authentics but I also like Swingmans as well - I think for me personally there are a number of reasons why in some cases they’d be preferable to a (retail) authentic:
1. Availability - Depending on where you live, even stores like champs/ FTL never carried them - even now it’s just the MN swingman mostly. Also good luck finding a 36/40/44 of jerseys from back in the day.

2. Cost - Nearly double the price and add shipping because you’re prob gonna have to go online to find what you’re looking for assuming you’re lucky enough to find what you want at retail.

3. Still not what the pros wear - The details on many retail authentics still don’t match what the pros actually wear - of course appreciating they’re is a difference between pro-cut/gamers. Still, the cut of the materials are waay off or as a recent example, the vast majority of the Adidas Rev 30 authentics available to the public didn’t have mesh numbers and the twill lettering for some teams looked terrible (I.e lakers/ heat). I wouldn’t be able to justify shelling out $250+ on something that still didn’t look like what the players wore.

Below is an example of a 03-04 rookie Lebron Reebok in a 56 - the cut is abysmal even across all sizes (although they did a better job on the 04-06 versions). Much to my shame, I tried to alter my 56 and it turned out terrible and now I just wear my swingman LOL.

789A6F6D-4312-45D0-A843-BCDDCA24AC09.jpeg
BD0B8371-81A9-4097-AC57-F6F9A2F911A6.jpeg
B2CAA6E4-F4F6-49BB-ABDD-B17982902294.jpeg

I love authentics but I also like Swingmans as well - I think for me personally there are a number of reasons why in some cases they’d be preferable to a (retail) authentic:
1. Availability - Depending on where you live, even stores like champs/ FTL never carried them - even now it’s just the MN swingman mostly. Also good luck finding a 36/40/44 of jerseys from back in the day.

2. Cost - Nearly double the price and add shipping because you’re prob gonna have to go online to find what you’re looking for assuming you’re lucky enough to find what you want at retail.

3. Still not what the pros wear - The details on many retail authentics still don’t match what the pros actually wear - of course appreciating they’re is a difference between pro-cut/gamers. Still, the cut of the materials are waay off or as a recent example, the vast majority of the Adidas Rev 30 authentics available to the public didn’t have mesh numbers and the twill lettering for some teams looked terrible (I.e lakers/ heat). I wouldn’t be able to justify shelling out $250+ on something that still didn’t look like what the players wore.

Below is an example of a 03-04 rookie Lebron Reebok in a 56 - the cut is abysmal even across all sizes (although they did a better job on the 04-06 versions). Much to my shame, I tried to alter my 56 and it turned out terrible and now I just wear my swingman LOL.

789A6F6D-4312-45D0-A843-BCDDCA24AC09.jpeg
BD0B8371-81A9-4097-AC57-F6F9A2F911A6.jpeg
B2CAA6E4-F4F6-49BB-ABDD-B17982902294.jpeg
Also the numbers on those Cavs jerseys wrinkle so bad. I got one in 03 with my own name in case LeBron ever left. And it looks the same from just sitting in the closet.
Some of the M&N stuff is more accurate than the original retail ones
I prefer my stuff brand new especially now with the virus going around.
I don’t believe in shelling out massive amounts of money for jerseys.
The champion 90s jerseys are too short on me

Back
Top Bottom