Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

20220321_152304.jpg

20220321_152328.jpg

I finally got a picture of myself wearing this jersey with the shoes yesterday.

I had to keep it 1991 with the 1991 NBA All-Star Game jersey and the 2019 Jordan VI Infrared.
IMG_6023.JPG

THIS!

Jordan_17 Jordan_17 put some spek! on the man's name. :smh:

LOL…fine I’ll agree that there are lesser known players that have had their jersey boot-legged.

But let’s be real - who in the early 2000’s would have gone out of their way to bootleg a Hawks Shareef to that degree of accuracy?

I remain steadfast that there are Reebok authentics with that closed-off 4 font. Certain teams in certain years used that font - I.e Nets, Clippers, Celtics and specifically that 04-06 Lakers jersey run are a few that come to mind. If anyone can find a pic with a Shareef Hawks (not an Al Harrington) or Lakers Kobe with an open “4” font then I’d happily eat my words…

Edit: I did find a Shareef with an open “4” so I’ll qualify the above to just the Kobe in order to save face.

Last edited:
LOL…fine I’ll agree that there are lesser known players that have had their jersey boot-legged.

But let’s be real - who in the early 2000’s would have gone out of their way to bootleg a Hawks Shareef to that degree of accuracy?

I remain steadfast that there are Reebok authentics with that closed-off 4 font. Certain teams in certain years used that font - I.e Nets, Clippers, Celtics and specifically that 04-06 Lakers jersey run are a few that come to mind. If anyone can find a pic with a Shareef Hawks (not an Al Harrington) or Lakers Kobe with an open “4” font then I’d happily eat my words…

Edit: I did find a Shareef with an open “4” so I’ll qualify the above to just the Kobe in order to save face.
Not sure if you were collecting in the early 00’s but the general consensus was that the closed 4 = fake. There was also a thread somewhere (jersey central i think?) that broke down all the discrepencies (there were also a bunch revolving around the neck tags). The bootlegs got pretty good and they were everywhere. There were also some weird *** players bootlegged and my personal theory is that the bootleggers didnt actually know anything about basketball. Or maybe reverse psychology in that ‘no one will suspect us if we choose this player’

That said you might be right… i’m not trying to come off as some all-knowing gate keeper. Just going off the info that was shared over 15 years ago, much of which was based on trust of other collectors. Personally i’d err on the side of caution and steer away

Looks like the OG Tim Duncan jersey had a version with mesh side panels and shimmering side panels. Which style came out first?

Mesh Panels were first. It was basically the same as the Champion version in terms of style. Then the uniform went through change after change, the next several years.

You can also tell the one posted by Relish is older because of the cut. Note the longer and oddly shaped neckline and shoulders.

I'm finally getting around to posting photos of the 2008-09 Lakers Kobe Bryant jersey with the NBA Finals patch on it.

Despite Mitchell & Ness f'ing up with the shade of purple that's been plaguing Lakers jerseys and other purple NBA jerseys, I still decided to get it because I needed a number 24 purple jersey in my possession. And it was a great price that I couldn't pass up.
IMG_5980.JPG
IMG_5983.JPG

I wore the 1998 NBA All-Star Game Kobe Bryant jersey for the first time ever yesterday after having it for over a year now.
IMG_6106.JPG

I don't give a rat's a%$ that my Lakers have been eliminated from the playoffs and will be able to start their summer early because I'll still be loyal to them regardless.

Back
Top Bottom